Quantcast

post your 2010 rides!

acair422

Monkey
Aug 20, 2003
Hey Redride, I also have a MK1 (hopefully with an MK2 on the way this summer), all last season I rode on a DHX 5.0 but I was wondering what your thoughts were in regards to the Elka...?

redride

Monkey
Sep 23, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
i have only had one ride on it at the Mo but initial impressions are good. planted and active. tracks really well. as u already know, the MK1 is already amazing with square edge bumps. the elka just makes it that bit smoother...

i have not really fiddled with anything yet. just put it on and ride!

acair422

Monkey
Aug 20, 2003
Yeah please keep us/me updated once you've had some more time on it...should I assume you were also running a dhx before this

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
Errrrr I hate you. ;)

My GT rep has been stringing me along for 5 months trying to get me a fury. I finally got too anxious and got another Morewood. I would have loved the fury but for what I was going to pay for it I wasn't ready to wait another 5 months.

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
I'm not jealous of your new GT fury at all, sure it's looks light, strong, seems to have a cracking geo and immense paint but is it really any better than my 10 year old chameleon with leaky Z1's and bent wheels?

oh right yeah it is, gutted for me. Enjoy being (for now at least) the only one on the mountain with one, its looks lightening quick just sitting there.

That lapierre looks pretty swish too.

dhrookie

Monkey
Jan 22, 2008
Obetz, OH
Team Chainsmokes Flagship Rig:

The white/red TLD grips will be here Weds. Sitting on the spare wheelset with the Dans, waiting on the Profile/EX823 to be built up with Betty's.

Trail Killer:

Urban Assault:

ag7gu

Chimp
Jul 31, 2008
MD

Still waiting on the Elka and Answer direct mount/pedals. Weighs in around 37lbs!

Last edited:

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Team Chainsmokes Flagship Rig:

The white/red TLD grips will be here Weds. Sitting on the spare wheelset with the Dans, waiting on the Profile/EX823 to be built up with Betty's.
Nice bike love the demos look low and mean!

You will love the dirty dans and the muddy marys I have 1 wheelset with marys and 1 with dans and if its NASTY the Dan goes on front if its REALLY NASTY then both dans as well as they are predictable and handle really well on hardpack if needed wich is saying alot for a spike...

Nice ride though!!!!!

bansheefr

Monkey
Dec 27, 2004
Picked up my new ride at Walmart last week.......

2010 Mongoose Boot'r Team:

The welded seam on the top tube is pretty horrendous, but for the most part the welds look really nice.

Hope, EX-721, X.0, Elixir 185mm, KMC SL, DuraAce

Sunline, X.0, Matchmaker, Elixir, '10 Boxxer Team

Special thanks to Bicycle Works LLC in Middlebury, CT www.bicycleworksllc.com

bansheefr

Monkey
Dec 27, 2004
The new Mongoose stuff is pretty darn nice. Sweet bike. Any side pics?
Yeah you can't really beat the build kit for the price. Overall I am impressed with the build quality of the frame, its not perfect, but its pretty good. Although I do not have any real ride time yet (hopefully this weekend) I am happy with the feel of the bike. They slackened/lengthened the geometry slightly for 2010, so thats a plus. Combined with a rearward axle path and pedaling efficiency similar to my 4" trail bike I think this will be a killer race bike.

Heres a crappy side picture I took with my cell phone the day I built it up... I'll try to take more legit photos this weekend.

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
Double dose of Transition for 2010:
- V2 Covert with Hammerschmidt, 36 TALAS & Crossmax SX
- TR450 with Deemax

captainspauldin

intrigued by a pole
May 14, 2007
Jersey Shore
Double dose of Transition for 2010:
- V2 Covert with Hammerschmidt, 36 TALAS & Crossmax SX
- TR450 with Deemax
Nice dude! Kinda surprised at similar the covert and tr450 look next to each other(more specifically the top tube/seat tube junction). That's a nice stable for sure.

dest

Monkey
Aug 1, 2006
NYCity
My bike for 2010 same as last year except for new decals i made i thinks it looks good.

Santa cruz V10 TI hardware
rock shox boxxer worldcup
Avalanche Chubie TI
I9 wheels with syncros rims
avid code
funn bars 29"
straitline pedals

Attachments

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
Nice dude! Kinda surprised at similar the covert and tr450 look next to each other(more specifically the top tube/seat tube junction). That's a nice stable for sure.
Thanks! It's a huge upgrade from last year.
And yeah, you can definitely tell there's some shared DNA between the two frames.

Steve M

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2007
Whistler
here's mine...

update my MK1 with an ELKA and the BOS Idyllic.... MK2 coming later...

The Hardtail is a PDC Kingpin... do all bike! lovin git!

(Note: i need to lower the cockpit of my MK1 next... plus swapping my super heavy Gravity cranks, not the lite mind you, to RF Atlas FR! Woo Hoo!!!)
Hah that's so weird... a year ago I owned exactly the same two bikes, Legend Mk1 and a PDC Kingpin. Only ~60 of each ever made, what are the odds!