Quantcast

Deano

Monkey
Feb 14, 2011
Is that a Stoy on the Mondraker, always end up drooling over the Summum! Such a cool looking bike!
yup its a stoy, i had a vivid 5.1 on at first and tbh, the difference is staggering.

The stoy just generates grip where ive never been able to find any with any DHX or RS rear ive tried.

but it fails the carpark test.. its way too fast in the rebound- said by everyone that does the amazing bounce test on the pavement ;)

chasmdog

Chimp
Mar 14, 2011
Hurdle Mills, NC
Intense951_3-4.jpgMy 951 FRO. First DH bike since my Ionic (anybody remember them?) way back in '96. It's a better bike than I am a rider -- but at my age, that's to be expected. Broke it in at Massanutten. Yee Ha! Next stop, Powerade #1 at Snowshoe, WV.

Last edited:

BmxConvert

Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
Longview, Washington
Last year I was on a 2010 Demo 8 II. I blew up and had some medical bills and sold the Demo. I had the Sunday repainted, threw a 1.5* angleset at it and am going to try to stay in one piece this year to get a full season on it.

Ye old **** box looks a bit nicer after some paint and a bit of polishing.

36.4lbs as it sits(light tires, DH tubes)
Still waiting to be installed once I get some time are:
-V1 19mm bars
-Boxxer WC
-Ti spring
-Thomson post
-Devo carbon saddle
-X9SL
-tubeless conversion once the weather dries up

Last edited:

san_andreas

Chimp
Dec 16, 2010
My Foes RS7

Frame: Foes RS7 with Curnutt Air
Fork: Boxxer Worldcup
Stem: Straitline DM
Bar: Enve DH
Headset: Reset Wan.5
Brakes: Hope Tech V2
Shifter/RD: Sram X.9
Crankset: Atlas FR
Pedals: Twenty6 Rallye
Chainguide: e13 SRS+
Chain: Sram 971
Hubs: Hope Pro II
Rims: Mavic 823
Spokes: Sapim Race
Tires: Mavic UST
Seat: Selle Italia SLR TT
Clamp: Hope

Weight: 16,6kg (2.5" Swampthings)

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
my big bear bike and amfr mini dh
priorities have changed around the house for a bit so im doing more local stuff and not racing or resort pilaging this year as much so i needed a ripper for more local stuff and riding trails with the family.
the jedi will get pulled out periodically and a new fat build will be underway shortly .
try and sneak a few good resorts and races but gonna take this year to hang.

aside of powdercoating it this month and i9s its pretty well done now. it has a totem avy as backup for it im gonna rock the fox for a bit.

stuck a ti spring on it as well , have a avalanche woodie and ti spring coming shortly.

Last edited:

ZoRo

Turbo Monkey
Sep 28, 2004
MTL
"Second" bike - - just finished it in time to try my hand at some BMX racing this year.

]
Hey great bike! I have the same frame and I race cruiser class here with mine. They are fast bikes on the track, not 20" fast, but can definitely keep up with cruisers. I won a couple of races in cruiser class with mine, I just try to keep the weight down for those bmx races where gaining speed on flat is essential. (fast rolling single ply tires really help!)

time-bomb

Monkey
May 2, 2008
right here -> .
my big bear bike and amfr mini dh
priorities have changed around the house for a bit so im doing more local stuff and not racing or resort pilaging this year as much so i needed a ripper for more local stuff and riding trails with the family.
the jedi will get pulled out periodically and a new fat build will be underway shortly .
try and sneak a few good resorts and races but gonna take this year to hang.

aside of powdercoating it this month and i9s its pretty well done now. it has a totem avy as backup for it im gonna rock the fox for a bit.

stuck a ti spring on it as well , have a avalanche woodie and ti spring coming shortly.

Just curious, why didn't you get The One from Canfield? I thought you was all up in that shizzy. Seems like it would fit the bill pretty well for this type of thing. BTW, this isn't to imply anything negative about the Spesh. That is a rad little rig and nice build on it too. :thumb:

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Just curious, why didn't you get The One from Canfield? I thought you was all up in that shizzy. Seems like it would fit the bill pretty well for this type of thing. BTW, this isn't to imply anything negative about the Spesh. That is a rad little rig and nice build on it too. :thumb:
lol the jedi survives all the changes to the bike corral.

i like to try different stuff i feel like i might miss out on something if im not mixing it up.:thumb:

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
Hey great bike! I have the same frame and I race cruiser class here with mine. They are fast bikes on the track, not 20" fast, but can definitely keep up with cruisers. I won a couple of races in cruiser class with mine, I just try to keep the weight down for those bmx races where gaining speed on flat is essential. (fast rolling single ply tires really help!)
Thanks! Ya, mine's a bit porky right now, since I used a lot of spare parts I had from my former Blindside build (like the DPS 32 Syncros wheels). What width tires are you running on the BMX? For now I have (also overkill) 2.35 DTC/DH SB8s. I figured for now, since I haven't jumped a hardtail, I might want a little forgiveness for casing landings :D.

ZoRo

Turbo Monkey
Sep 28, 2004
MTL
Thanks! Ya, mine's a bit porky right now, since I used a lot of spare parts I had from my former Blindside build (like the DPS 32 Syncros wheels). What width tires are you running on the BMX? For now I have (also overkill) 2.35 DTC/DH SB8s. I figured for now, since I haven't jumped a hardtail, I might want a little forgiveness for casing landings :D.
I run 2.1s for BMX tracks. Crossmarks, SmallBlock8s, Intense MicroKnobbys, Maxxis Aspen...
You basically want narrow and super rolling single ply lightweight tires. They make a ton of diff over bigger tires.

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
Hellafornia. Formerly stumptown.
quick ****ty basement photo, just finished assembly, my 2011, $900 CL/RM build. Scored the frame for $500 off CL, got the X-fusion for $300, wheels/other parts came off my Evil Revolt parts bin. This is my ride until I get a warranty Undead and back on a big boy bike. Running the taller A-to-C 160mm Vengeance should slacken it out a tiny bit from the 150mm factory running gear.

Specs so far are
2010 Remedy 8 XL
X-Fusion Vengeance HLR
Race Face Diabulous Cranks
Shimano whatever model they are pedals
Answer bars/Grips
Shimano Saint Brakes/Rear Derailleur
Shimano Rear Hub
Tike Front Hub
Shimano BB
unknown rims (possibly a Sun Ringle)
Loaded Seatpost
Specialized Saddle

So far, total into this bike I have sub $900 and am super stoked on it.

Last edited:

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
quick ****ty basement photo, just finished assembly, my 2011, $900 CL/RM build. Scored the frame for $500 off CL, got the X-fusion for $300, wheels/other parts came off my Evil Revolt parts bin. This is my ride until I get a warranty Undead and back on a big boy bike. Running the taller A-to-C 160mm Vengeance should slacken it out a tiny bit from the 150mm factory running gear.

Specs so far are
2010 Remedy 8 XL
X-Fusion Vengeance HLR
Race Face Diabulous Cranks
Shimano whatever model they are pedals
Answer bars/Grips
Shimano Saint Brakes/Rear Derailleur
Shimano Rear Hub
Tike Front Hub
Shimano BB
unknown rims (possibly a Sun Ringle)
Loaded Seatpost
Specialized Saddle

So far, total into this bike I have sub $900 and am super stoked on it.
Congrats. Great build for that price. 500$ for that frame is a steal. Same for the vengance.

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
Here is my new bike.

That little silhouette on the Chatel logo is me from the photo below (in Morgins).

I thought I had a 61° head angle and then we calculated it on the computer and it turns out it is at 60°. I really like it like that around here. It is kinda like cheating. The bike weighs 17.8 kilos.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Here is my new bike.

That little silhouette on the Chatel logo is me from the photo below (in Morgins).

I thought I had a 61° head angle and then we calculated it on the computer and it turns out it is at 60°. I really like it like that around here. It is kinda like cheating. The bike weighs 17.8 kilos.
as usuall sick and bad@$$ and leaves them wanting more. :thumb:

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
I see you got a custom link in the back. What travel dou you ride in the rear? 230mm setting?
Are there some other "customizations"? I really like to hear something about these custom settings for the teamriders.

Sick bike and slack as hell!:thumb:

Last edited:

big-ted

Danced with A, attacked by C, fired by D.
Sep 27, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Why not a 160mm bike? Just curious. I always find myself trying to choose between 140 and 160mm bikes.
Me too. Are you listening bike industry?! It isn't the travel that bugs me, it's the fact that no-one makes/specs bikes with forks that have 140/150mm travel and a decently stiff chassis. I love the stumpy evo, but the first change I'd make would to throw on a 36 float/Lyric dropped to 150mm...

Mulestar

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2007
in the dirt
Why not a 160mm bike? Just curious. I always find myself trying to choose between 140 and 160mm bikes.
160 is too much for what I want to do. I already feel like I'm on a boat compared to my shova. The long wheelbase and slack head angle is gonna take some getting used to. I'm trying to pedal this thing 30+ miles a day in pisgah. I usually ran my shova's fork at 120 mm, so I was actually even a little apprehensive to go to a full time 150. The geometry seems dialed with that fork height, so I'm not stressing the lack of travel adjust. With the tapered headtube and 15 mm it's plenty stiff for me.

I don't want a mini-DH bike. I want a dedicated trailbike that SHREDS. This thing is gonna see way more 3-6 hour days in the saddle then it is shuttle runs or bike park shredding.

Broke it in right with 2 days of ripping it up in Wilson Creek and it was AWESOME:thumb:

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Gotcha. I think I'm almost there as well. Most of my XC rides are suited more towards 140mm. My Mbuzi is definite over kill. I did a 6.6 mile XC shuttle yesterday where I used all 160mm of travel but those are not the norm and that ride would still have been doable on 140mm of travel.