Quantcast

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
same old thing since 2007. turning out to be great value; it's been bomber. and people scoffed at the idea of a carbon dh bike. geometry is still pretty current too. should be good for a few more years. love it!

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
i wonder if specialized will repaint frames....
They will refer you to a powder coater in Portland, OR who's the only place that has be ok'd by speci to do a repaint. Otherwise, warranty is voided even if done by Olympic PC who does/did all turner's frames. kinda sucks since the PC on my pitch comes off with a dirty look or a harsh word about somebodies mom.

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
Hellafornia. Formerly stumptown.
Don't worry boy's I've bikes to ride. Regardless of my wait time that thing is still uglier than sin. Its not a comment about the dudes mom. I think its an ugly bike, its been going strong and lasting and thats awesome. Doesn't add or detract from my opinion on the frames aesthetic. geesh.

I love that I got neg repped for the opinion.

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
Hellafornia. Formerly stumptown.
no doubt its an awesome piece of machinery, however its supply issues x100 with that bike. The few that exist are great, but the hasn't the dude straight up scammed more than one dude. He might have the best intentions to finish them but at a couple years out one has to say, I've been scammed. Maybe he's refunded money, don't really know about it.

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
^all that business stuff with aaron is moot, of course. it was a brilliant proof of concept, and 5 years later there's still no (dh) bike i'd rather have. the aesthetics are polarizing indeed; not surprisingly, i love it, but to each his own. my tastes are often divergent from the common denominator, and i'm ok with that.

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
no doubt its an awesome piece of machinery, however its supply issues x100 with that bike. The few that exist are great, but the hasn't the dude straight up scammed more than one dude. He might have the best intentions to finish them but at a couple years out one has to say, I've been scammed. Maybe he's refunded money, don't really know about it.

supercow

Monkey
Feb 18, 2009
Don't worry boy's I've bikes to ride. Regardless of my wait time that thing is still uglier than sin. Its not a comment about the dudes mom. I think its an ugly bike, its been going strong and lasting and thats awesome. Doesn't add or detract from my opinion on the frames aesthetic. geesh.

I love that I got neg repped for the opinion.
Indeed... and I feel like I need to quote Warner here
"Uglier than E.T with skin cancer"

nojoke

Chimp
Jul 5, 2011
2006 Ironhorse Sunday Elite

1st season on it, upgraded it with some parts this spring
'11 Boxxer R2C2
Sun Ringle ADD Wheelset
Avid Code's 203/185
2.5 Specialized Butcher DH's

Making my 1st whistler trip here in 2 weeks! Absolutely stoked, cant wait!!

Last edited:

ocelot

Monkey
Mar 8, 2009
Canadastan
Ahhh... So have you encountered any problems with the e13 bashguard yet? I'd like to get some new cranks soon. I'm interested in the Saints but have read that it's risky to run them with a bashguard other than the shimano one.

ustemuf

Monkey
Apr 8, 2010
Bay Area
Ahhh... So have you encountered any problems with the e13 bashguard yet? I'd like to get some new cranks soon. I'm interested in the Saints but have read that it's risky to run them with a bashguard other than the shimano one.
i am unaware of anything like that.. and i ride super hard on my parts, there are buncha dings on my bash guard and i have no problems.

mtbman1127

Monkey
Mar 10, 2008
Raleigh, NC
more or less the spider tabs on the saint's are wider then normal so under the exact wrong circumstances your chain can get stuck between the ring and the guard. E.13 advises to run an LS1 or LG1 with saint cranks, however there are many that run the SRS+ just fine

RedOne

Monkey
May 27, 2007
Nuremberg, Germany
Saint spider tabs are 1,5mm thicker than standard.
The Straitline chainguide is available in a Saint specific version. On my last bike I just milled down the tabs on my 4mm chainring.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Straitline makes a special version of their guide with a saint compatable bashguard. Look it up.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
That Turner is pretty damn nice but those wheels are still the most horrid looking bike component out there, but they work and I suppose that's the main thing.

Deano

Monkey
Feb 14, 2011
not 100% done, needs new pedals/stem/brakelines, but wanted it ready to roll this weekend :) weight wise- 17 kgs not sure how much in LBS

supercow

Monkey
Feb 18, 2009
The brake cables have been cut since these pics were take - it's my shop demo bike :)
Bike's stil unridden, riding it in a week's time - bring on France!