Quantcast

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
^^

Is there an idler in there somewhere? I can't make out what's going on around the drivetrain, except that the derailleur looks like its ready to come off and the chain guide seems to be set up oddly.

EDIT - Ahh, just realized its a Katipoo.

Last edited:

richgardiner

Monkey
Aug 19, 2008
Gonna ride this till the summer while I fix up my dh bike for when I take my IH Sunday to whistler. I cant afford to break anymore stuff on the dh bike so ive tried to make it a fairly reliable spec.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/

Looks flexy, doesn't it?
Their Pinkbike press realease was funny but I'm really curious how it rides. Give us a review soon.

btw. How did you get it? Marin tries really hard not to sell their full lineup outside of the US.

Last edited:

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
I sure will. Right now we have over 3ft of snow everywhere in Finland, so any real riding is months away... :( On sunday I'll get to ride on our winter dh-track, but the cold really stops all hydraulics from functioning so it'll be hard to tell how it really rides.

What I can tell is that accessing the shock is a nightmare! I had to flip the rear of the shock so that the rebound adjuster is facing down to be able to adjust it.

Our shop is the finnish distributor for Marin
It's the same here with snow all over the place. Hell, snowboard is fun too.

As for the distributor - it's strange as I can find NO online info on the bike. Our local distro either. I know it's out for 2011 but if it wasn't for the forums I'd have no clue. What's wrong with them? I don't even see that bike on the marin main page.

sikocycles

Turbo Monkey
Feb 14, 2002
CT
That Lenz is amazing looking. Would love to give it a try. Really like the new Dorado.
I can say enough about how nice the new Dorado is. Its a great fork.
If you ever see me at Diable or Pkill and I have it you can take it for a run. Just dont Taco my wheels. We all have heard how fragile they are.

Commencal-guy

Monkey
Nov 25, 2007
Massachusetts, US of A

My new ride:

Specialized Demo 8 2011
2011 Demo 8 frameset
FOX RC4 rear shock
RS BoXXer "10 Team/Protone AirKit
FSA (OEM) integrated headset Sunline
direct mount stem RF 785mm bar
CODE 2011 brakes
SRAM x.9 shifter/rear derailleur/cassette
Thomson post Tioga Mclite saddle
FSA Gravity Light crankset
Crankbros Mallet pedals
Wezee CG
KMC X9 SL chain
DT340.1750 wheelse
How's the Protune for the Boxxer? Can you compare it to the regular Solo Air cartridge?

no skid marks

Monkey
Jan 15, 2006
ACT Australia
The PO1NT pedals(with calf eating pins)would have knocked a bit of wight out of the 17.55kg.
Got Nuke Proof 150mm hub now to build new rear and ditch floater. Only 30 ficken clicks, I thought they had over 100, where did I get that, dang, pissed off, my current I9 has over 120 clicks. Will still save weight ditching the floater though, just won't have the snap POW it has now.

Last edited:

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
no. shock placement is wrong for a fury. looks like frank the welder's new frame with a dorado to me.

*edit* nevermind. downtube is wrong.

*double edit* it is a gt... ruckus. K, yuro, now we need info. why did you choose this over a fury?
Corsair.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
The PO1NT pedals(with calf eating pins)would have knocked a bit of wight out of the 17.55kg.
Got Nuke Proof 150mm hub now to build new rear and ditch floater. Only 30 ficken clicks, I thought they had over 100, where did I get that, dang, pissed off, my current I9 has over 120 clicks. Will still save weight ditching the floater though, just won't have the snap POW it has now.
I've just noticed. Is that a mozartt chain guide?

haromtnbiker

Turbo Monkey
Oct 3, 2004
Cary, NC
I really fail to understand why everybody cares so much what bike a semi professional guido downhiller from the Jersey Shore will be riding this year.

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
Fastest guido downhiller? I'll take it! Oh p.s. Harobiker, My headangle is slacker than yours. ;) That's all that matters on RM right? Just joshin you. What's wrong with a teaser pics of my bike? It's not done/ready for public eyes so this is what you get.

Last edited:

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
Probably my 2011/2/3 ride.
Kinda muddy from yesterday's day of riding. Wait, we don't know what mud actually looks like here in Socal. :)

editor note: HA slackened for RM e-rippas.

:)
L.B.C.C. on Vimeo

Last edited:

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
damn you got me by a few degrees, your BB height is gonna let you corner like Ben Reid! dialed!
Even though that might actually be a shade of rootbeer, it definitely looks flexy and surely does not have any shims in that fork. Clearly, it is not dialed.
:rofl:

Although, it may be starting a new trend: the 20-niner. 20 in the front, niner in the rear.