Quantcast
Feb 8, 2007
Worth every penny.

I was constantly dialing my stock DHX. It always seemed that something was being compromised. I read every tuning thread and tried every possible combo, but it never felt dialed. I got it PUSHed last season and was able to put a few days on it before the snow fell, and it honestly felt like a different bike. (Had the Boxxer PUSHed as well.)

I'd recommend the MX to anyone.

Tomasis

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Scotland
Faar from ready.. I got fork and did set up this quickly to check before I take apart this for rebuild. Added new bar and pedals, also uncut seatpost. Still some parts are left to add.

Im tempted paint rear triangle as white and main frame as 100% black but it has to wait :D

it looks so tight, reducer cups make it look more normal :)

Attachments

Last edited:

degoe

Chimp
Jun 11, 2008
landeck
He guy's. Here are my two bikes for 2011. The Gambler still waits for his right headset,and the Voltage waits for a headset,seattube and the seat. Plus Both bikes will be on Continental tires.

Attachments

degoe

Chimp
Jun 11, 2008
landeck
241mm(i think it's the 9.5 inch) shock with the long dropouts. Shock is working fine,i've bin testing it already for allmost one year. The tune on both bikes are custom.The service guy from Rock shocks Austria made it specially for me and both bikes.

Last edited:

tremkev

Chimp
Mar 2, 2011
This my ride. New 2010 makulu frame set with elka stage 5 and fox 40 rc2 world cup special edition 2010

degoe

Chimp
Jun 11, 2008
landeck
Yes mine is with floater,and my opinion is that this works much better then the original without Floater. Smoother.

Last edited:

Banga

Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Wellington, New Zealand
Faar from ready.. I got fork and did set up this quickly to check before I take apart this for rebuild. Added new bar and pedals, also uncut seatpost. Still some parts are left to add.

Im tempted paint rear triangle as white and main frame as 100% black but it has to wait :D

it looks so tight, reducer cups make it look more normal :)

If you were running the crowns the right way it would even more normal.

Tomasis

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Scotland
If you were running the crowns the right way it would even more normal.
hehe yep. like i said I did put up fork quickly. the headset ring didnt even fitted properly on fork tube so the end looks high :D

and yes, the lower crown is reversed :rofl:

no skid marks

Monkey
Jan 15, 2006
ACT Australia
NoSkidMarks, any chance of a little comparison of the Katipo with/without the floater? Kinda curious. Isn't yours the only one with floater?
my older one had a floater.
I can do a comparison, but neither floaters were/are set up perfect without squat, so they're not 1005 neautral.
But I'll send you a PM when I get the 150 in the back.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
my older one had a floater.
I can do a comparison, but neither floaters were/are set up perfect without squat, so they're not 1005 neautral.
But I'll send you a PM when I get the 150 in the back.
I always thought 100% neutral bikes meant that the force that would normaly squat your rear suspension would squat your front instead and that's much worse than loosing traction.

big-ted

Danced with A, attacked by C, fired by D.
Sep 27, 2005
Vancouver, BC
big_ted, Nice bike! Did you also get one of the Large Frames??
Yep. Are they rare or something? At 6'3" I'd be pretty uncomfortable on a medium.

I need to work on the colour-coordination a bit. Or I might just say sod it and ride it as is.

Routier07

Monkey
Mar 14, 2009
Yep. Are they rare or something? At 6'3" I'd be pretty uncomfortable on a medium.

I need to work on the colour-coordination a bit. Or I might just say sod it and ride it as is.
When I ordered mine in November, my rep told me only 4 large frames were comming into Canada and three were called for...

Happy trails:thumb:

Uncle Cliffy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2008
Southern Oregon
Already posted my DH bike, but I just got my trail bike finished:

FRAME= Giant Trance X Advanced SL size XL
FORK= Rock Shox Revelation RLT Ti 2 position 20mm axle
CHAINRING= Ethirteen 34t
CHAINGUIDE= Ethirteen XCX guide BB mount
STEM= Easton Haven 70mm
HANDLEBAR= Easton Havoc carbon bar 29.75 width
HEADSET= Cane Creek Angleset 1.5deg. cup (HA=67.5 with 13.5 BB.)
CRANKSET= Shimano XTR M980
BOTTOM BRACKET= Shimano XTR
BRAKES= Shimano XTR Trail
TIRES= Continental Trailking UST 2.2 (set up tubeless)
PEDALS= Shimano XTR Trail (will have some platforms too, but not yet.)
SEATPOST= Rockshox Reverb
SADDLE WTB= Silverado SLT
GRIPS= ODI Troy Lee
CASSETTE= Sram XX 11-36
WHEELSET= Easton Carbon Havens
SHIFTER= Shimano XTR
REAR DERAILLEUR= Shimano XTR M980 med. cage
CHAIN= Shimano HG-X 10 speed

Banshee Rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Hell yeah UC! That thing looks rad. Mine's getting put in a box this week, but its not going to be new like that; it's had a few miles put on it. What's your weighing in at?

Ringer

Monkey
Mar 4, 2008
Hell yeah UC! That thing looks rad. Mine's getting put in a box this week, but its not going to be new like that; it's had a few miles put on it. What's your weighing in at?

Gettin' an AC hand me down?

Man I loved how my giant rode. Just wish the HT was shorter

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
Cliffy posted his Trail Bike so I'll bite. Not a complete bike yet, I have all the parts on order or in hand sans wheels. Still can't decide what wheels to go with...

Matt either spend the G's for carbon wheels or look into the Charger Pros. (the graphics are just stickers so you could take them off if you wanted)

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
Matt either spend the G's for carbon wheels or look into the Charger Pros. (the graphics are just stickers so you could take them off if you wanted)
The Chargers are definitely on my list of possible wheels. I want to run the 142x12 dropouts so they fit the bill. I considered going all out and getting carbon wheels but I want to ride the bike a good bit to make sure it fits and I like it before dropping even more coin on Carbon wheels. Plus it'll give me something to look forward to upgrading.

Edit: I just noticed QBP only has the Charger Pro's in White. I was trying to get away from white parts (I know the fork is white, its the only color I could get it in) but I'm wondering if the white wheels would look go on the bike with the stickers removed. I was also considering the Black Flag Pro's since QBP has black in stock.

Last edited: