Quantcast

tremkev

Chimp
Mar 2, 2011
This is my ride for this year. New 2010 makulu frame set, elka stage 5 with fox 40 world cup special edition 2010

Last edited:

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
OK, I give in - I don't know what it is, please take me out of my misery! The (previously posted) shadow looks gorgeous...
Dennis seems to be confused that he is not a factory racer from the late 90's, but maybe the secrecy makes him feel like he is? :thumb:

It's an aluminum GT. . . Yawn

Wa-Aw

Monkey
Jul 30, 2010
Philippines
Forgot how much fun trail riding can be until I got a "proper" 5" travel trail bike..
575 was the most fun bike I ever owned. The only time I wish it was something else was at the bottom of 15 foot drops, it soaked them up but I died a little bit inside every time I heard that bottom out.

If I wasn't seriously racing DH I would love to own a pimped out invincible 6" bike and just ride the sh*t out of everything and anything up and down.

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
nope, dont ride trails, id like to get into it, id consider selling the trek for a xc bike, but i want to try it first
My head just exploded.
All those bikes and you haven't even tried trail riding?

Does not compute.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
My head just exploded.
All those bikes and you haven't even tried trail riding?

Does not compute.
Where are the times when kids went into dh from XC racing? Going XC - Trail - Gravity seemed like an obvious transition back then. Owning 2 jump bikes and a zillion dh ones makes no sense when one has no trailbike. Not to mention you can build a trailbike much cheaper and the maintenance costs are much lower. Though I doubt that's a problem here.

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
Where are the times when kids went into dh from XC racing? Going XC - Trail - Gravity seemed like an obvious transition back then. Owning 2 jump bikes and a zillion dh ones makes no sense when one has no trailbike. Not to mention you can build a trailbike much cheaper and the maintenance costs are much lower. Though I doubt that's a problem here.
We have a few guys here who absolutely HATE pedaling. They own trail bikes, but hardly ever ride them, just shuttle all the time (we have no lift access).

I don't understand it, but to each's own I guess. I've been told I'm a freak, I love climbing as much as descending.

BmxConvert

Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
Longview, Washington
We have a few guys here who absolutely HATE pedaling. They own trail bikes, but hardly ever ride them, just shuttle all the time (we have no lift access).

I don't understand it, but to each's own I guess. I've been told I'm a freak, I love climbing as much as descending.
One of the guys I work with hates pedaling. He's a fantastic downhiller but would not pedal. On days that we went trailriding, he would rather not ride than pedal.
I could go the rest of my life without owning a DH bike as long as I could shred trail.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
One of the guys I work with hates pedaling. He's a fantastic downhiller but would not pedal. On days that we went trailriding, he would rather not ride than pedal.
I could go the rest of my life without owning a DH bike as long as I could shred trail.
That's too far. It's a bit like loosing an arm to me ;)

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
Great looking legend. I kinda regret now getting the green tioga spyder over the black one. Somehow looks better with the frame. Hope you like your banshee as much as I do mine.

Uncle Cliffy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2008
Southern Oregon
The crew I've been riding with lately rips. They ride the way I want to ride, but if the trail has the slightest bit of pedaling, it's avoided at all costs... I'm the odd man out.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
The crew I've been riding with lately rips. They ride the way I want to ride, but if the trail has the slightest bit of pedaling, it's avoided at all costs... I'm the odd man out.
For dh riding I can understand that but it's mostly my bike setup which makes it horrible to ride on any surface not pointed down.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
I know this is not the "correct" thing to do, but i hate pedaling, and to top that, not not any good at it. On my 2.30 min DH races, i have 8-9 pedal strokes, thats it, i cant say im proud of it, but im probably the most lazy DH rider you will ever meet. I took my banshee out for a few XC attempts, hated it-but im not blaming the bike for that, since its not meant to do it. If i want to ride, i have to drive either way, so i can go rip some DH or some dirt jump/skatepark, or i can drive to a sTate park and bust my ass trying to ride up a hill. When i want to pedal, i take a bike, and ride to the store, i would certainly fit in with those people you mention who dont want to pedal, i wouldnt mind if DH bike were scooters. For those wondering, i make great power, but dont have the endurance. so its 5 off the gate, and 5 before the finish line, with a few in-between depending on how im feeling.

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
I severely distorted the shadow/highlight so you can see under there better. HT thickened in the back corners, making it almost square at the back for welding the top tube-form to. Machined face has an oblong-ish shape to it:

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
I know this is not the "correct" thing to do, but i hate pedaling, and to top that, not not any good at it. On my 2.30 min DH races, i have 8-9 pedal strokes, thats it, i cant say im proud of it, but im probably the most lazy DH rider you will ever meet. I took my banshee out for a few XC attempts, hated it-but im not blaming the bike for that, since its not meant to do it. If i want to ride, i have to drive either way, so i can go rip some DH or some dirt jump/skatepark, or i can drive to a sTate park and bust my ass trying to ride up a hill. When i want to pedal, i take a bike, and ride to the store, i would certainly fit in with those people you mention who dont want to pedal, i wouldnt mind if DH bike were scooters. For those wondering, i make great power, but dont have the endurance. so its 5 off the gate, and 5 before the finish line, with a few in-between depending on how im feeling.
You don't have the endurance because you don't go out and pedal.
That's how you develop endurance...
I guess I don't understand how someone can like bikes, but hate pedaling. Usually those guys move on to moto.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
You don't have the endurance because you don't go out and pedal.
That's how you develop endurance...
I guess I don't understand how someone can like bikes, but hate pedaling. Usually those guys move on to moto.
I prefer bikes, it also doesnt help that moto is pretty much non existent in north new jersey-its like a city with trees over here. I like Dirt jumping and downhill because there is minimal pedaling, this year i have been training a little bit, but i still dont enjoy pedaling

rayhaan

Monkey
Oct 18, 2007
ireland
I prefer bikes, it also doesnt help that moto is pretty much non existent in north new jersey-its like a city with trees over here. I like Dirt jumping and downhill because there is minimal pedaling, this year i have been training a little bit, but i still dont enjoy pedaling
In the words of Arnie..."you lack discipline"