Quantcast

Post your 2012 Rides!

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Switched out the fork with a '12 40. This bike sure rides swell on its way in and outside for taking pictures.

lol, the true test. any updates on the ardents? I read a previous post by you saying you liked them OK, though they weren't as predictable as DHFs...not sure if that has changed, but I like seeing people running something other than the norm.

jzdyrko

Chimp
Oct 21, 2011
My ride for 2012.....a nice upgrade from a 09 Kona Hoss. Just waiting for my Marz Roco Air TST to come in.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Riding My TR250 Setup Singlespeed this year for DH/Park

Got myself a new all arounder: Transition Bandit

Toys all together (Excluding the moto)

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Very true, def money pit but such a blast to drive. I am getting close to selling it just hit 100k after 3.5 years of ownership. Just can't bring myself to do it.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
absolutely. I owned 4 audis and they were all awesome cars to drive but horrid to maintain. Nothing comes close to the interior of a german car.

Back OT, what made you go singlespeed on the DH bike? I know a couple of people that went to singlespeed for "convenience" and because "I don't need to shift" and now they all want gears.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Back OT, what made you go singlespeed on the DH bike? I know a couple of people that went to singlespeed for "convenience" and because "I don't need to shift" and now they all want gears.
I don't race, don’t really shift much, and absolutely love the cleanness off the bike. Ran a single speed most of last year for riding in the NE, but through some gears on for whistler since we were doing a bunch of out of the park stuff. It isn’t for everyone but for me I really enjoy the quiet minimalism of the setup.

Did you own a v8 S4 as well? Its intoxicating with an exhaust.

Last edited:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I don't race, don’t really shift much, and absolutely love the cleanness off the bike. Ran a single speed most of last year for riding in the NE, but through some gears on for whistler since we were doing a bunch of out of the park stuff. It isn’t for everyone but for me I really enjoy the quiet minimalism of the setup.

Did you own a v8 S4 as well? Its intoxicating with an exhaust.
I can certainly understand the reasoning, just something I noticed. I've run a SS setup when I had my DSS3 and it really wasn't a bad way to go, especially if you ride mostly mountains that are steep and not shallow, like plattekill vs. highland.

No, nothing after 95 for me. I had 2 urQs, a 200TQA, and a 95.5 S6A. They were all nightmares, but massively fun to drive, and sounded increable with the 5 cyl.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Yeah i run out of gear sometimes on the groomed pedaly type flow trails but seriously i dont car, plenty of speed to clear jumps...Just keeps it fun.

Had the opportunity to drive a co-workers S6 with that lamborghini v10 in it...what a nightmare (in a good way).

Uncle Cliffy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2008
Southern Oregon
Thought I posted in this thread. Must have been the 2011 thread...?

My main 2:

FRAME= Giant Trance X Advanced SL size XL
FORK= Rock Shox Revelation RLT Ti 2 position 20mm axle
REAR SHOCK= Push Industries Monarch RT/AM
WHEELSET= Easton Carbon Havens
TIRES= Minion DHF EXO. ST front, 60a rear (set up tubeless)
CRANKSET= Shimano XTR M980
CHAINRING= Ethirteen 34t
CHAINGUIDE= MRP Lopes guide
PEDALS= Twenty6 Prerunners (polished)
CASSETTE= Sram XX 11-36
SHIFTER= Shimano XTR
REAR DERAILLEUR= Shimano XTR M980 med. cage
CHAIN= Shimano HG-X 10 speed
STEM= Easton Haven 55 mm
HANDLEBAR= Easton Havoc carbon bar 29.75 width
HEADSET= Cane Creek Angleset 1.5deg. cup (HA=67 with 13.25 BB.)
BRAKES= Shimano XTR Trail
SEATPOST= Rockshox Reverb
SADDLE WTB= Silverado SLT
GRIPS= ODI Troy Lee

FRAME= Intense M9 raw.
FORK= 2010 Marzocchi 888 EVO Ti
WHEELSET= Hadley hubs with Mavic 823s
TIRES= Minion DHF front, Highroller rear (set up tubeless)
CRANKSET= Shimano Saint
CHAINRING= Ethirteen 37t
CHAINGUIDE= MRP G2
PEDALS= Twenty6 Prerunners (polished)
CASSETTE= Dura Ace
SHIFTER= Sram X9
REAR DERAILLEUR= Sram XO (gold)
CHAIN= Sram
HANDLEBAR= Race Face Atlas
HEADSET= Cane Creek Angleset
BRAKES= Shimano XT levers with Saint calipers
SEATPOST= SDG Ibeam
SADDLE WTB= SDG Formula FX
GRIPS= ODI Troy Lee

Both bikes running great. Just put the Monarch on the Trance with great results. Much more control in the fast bumpy bits. M9 might get a new wheelset, plus the newer direct mount crown for the fork so I can try a shorter stem...

I.van

Monkey
Apr 15, 2007
Australia
:drool: That's exactly the setup I've been dreaming of for my trail bike, but can't find a decent deal on the frame.. What kind of trails are you bashing it at?
It will be getting thrown at everything except for DH tracks.

Angles turned out to be 67.5 HA, 72.5 SA and 13.4ish BB.

Bedlam

Monkey
Feb 13, 2010
Under ground
You guys need to stop posting these carbon Trance X's before I cross the pond and steal them. Damn..

It will be getting thrown at everything except for DH tracks.

Angles turned out to be 67.5 HA, 72.5 SA and 13.4ish BB.
That's with a 140 mm fork, right? I would like it to get one to 67 dead HA, but I've got a feeling that it would make the BB too low, unless I run 150 mm in front.. I guess you're not hitting stuff all over since you don't use a bash?

Banshee Rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
To add to the jealousy...

This is my carbon Trance X, set up for an Enduro race last fall. It was 26lbs n' change in this shot. Oof, total tank. I'll post some 2012 pictures of it set back up for proper trail thrash duty.

Last edited: