Quantcast

Post your 2012 Rides!

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
Pretty much the same frame as the '09 and '10 Session 88.
It's not even the updated version with the round down tube.
Me thinks his painter blacked it out. So no carbonz her.

But looks really good imo and great spec.:thumb:

Intenseman

Monkey
Aug 27, 2002
France
Mine

466883_3121703481511_1232295303_32264230_1942307982_o.jpg

Frame Intense M9 FRO, Size M (Custom Color, made by Renovbike)
Shock BOS Void
Fork BOS Idylle Rare
Combo Crown-Stem Chunked, Black, w/ Ti screws
Handlebar Enve DH, 800mm, black
Headset Canecreek Angleset 1.5" to 1"1/8, Black
Grips ODI X-Treme, Black w/ Black Lockjaws
Seatpost Enve, 0°, 31.6mm
Seatclamp Thomson, Black, 34.9mm
Saddle SDG Ti-Fly, Black
Cranks Truvativ XO DH 165mm-83mm
Bottom Bracket Chris King, GXP, Black, 83mm
Ring Dn-Up DH, black, 36 tooth
Pedals Superstar Ultra Mag
Trigger Sram XO, 10v
Chainguide Truvativ XO, ISCG 05, 32-36t, Black
Derailleur Sram XO DH, Short Cage, 10v, Black
Chain Sram PC991 R
Cassette SRAM Red 1090 Black Ltd Edition, 11-28
Brakes Avid XO levers, Code front caliper, XO rear caliper, HS1 Disc 203 front & 180 rear
Hubs Chris King 20mm/12mm-150mm, Black
Rear Axle Sixpack Nailer, 150*12mm, Black
Rims ZTR Flow, 32 holes, black
Spokes Sapim CX-Ray, Black
Front Tire Specialized Butcher Sam Hill 2.30
Rear Tire Specialized Butcher Sam Hill 2.30
Screws Ti Screws on Fork, Brakes, Trigger, ISCG, Stem, Seatpost & Seatclamp
Carbon Top Cap & Spacers w/ Ti screws

16.480 Kg

...Pimp my bike :rofl:

Tmeyer

Monkey
Mar 26, 2005
SLC
No carbonium here. Had a choice between the TWR aluminum w/ the new downtube and this. Murdered out wins for me every time.

Pretty much the same frame as the '09 and '10 Session 88.
It's not even the updated version with the round down tube.
Me thinks his painter blacked it out. So no carbonz her.

But looks really good imo and great spec.:thumb:

dereka15

Chimp
Mar 10, 2011
A, A
We're about the same weight, is the 450 the correct weight spring? I would have thought a 350 or 400 at the most. My current bike I'm running a 350 spring and it's pretty spot on. I was also considering running an Air shock on the frame since it's such a porker. Does anyone sell a bearing kit for the frame or do you just have to make a list of all the bearings and order them individually?
450 does sound high, most spring rate calculators will tell you 350 but im almost always 50-100lbs up from what they recommend, i wouldnt go lower than a 400, i tryed the 350 and it was unridable. You could definitely run an air shock though, but NOT the Marz Roco air, it doesn't fit, found that out the hard way. http://enduroforkseals.com/ sells the bearings you need, get the enduro max, you'll need 6 6903's and 2 6808's it is about $80 but i highly recommend it, if the stock bearings see mud you MUST tear it down/clean/repack the bearings especially the lower 4. Its a shame the bearings were a bit of an oversight but aside from that its an amazing bike. Im coming off a Turner DHR and a Foes Hydro, and it just blows them both out of the water. There is alot of local riders as well as my whole team on these and the response has been incredible, everyone is so stoked on em.

karpi

Monkey
Apr 17, 2006
Santiasco, Chile
Will there be a new model come 2013? Why do you want to change?
Just wanna get a 2013... not sure if there will be any changes, rumour has it there might, but I highly doubt it. Hopefully they'll put in those Ti axles instead of the maxle lights... Just wanna renew, not change the frame for another model or company, been the best bike I've ridden

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Yeah. I have the option to swap with a good friend so I will do it just out of curiosity. Worst case scenario I go back to a legend or test a jedi.

karpi

Monkey
Apr 17, 2006
Santiasco, Chile
the jedi should be kinda similar, although the back stretches out more than on the legend, from what I hear. Just from looking at pictures, cause I haven ridden a jedi, the legend seems to have a lower CoG, but at the same time the jedi seems to be more playfull. Either way, Im set on a new 2013 legend hands down

0110-M-P

Monkey
Jun 1, 2009
Atlanta, GA
Just got my "new" frame and fork in yesterday...2010 Canfield Jedi (Large) and 2011 Manitou Dorado Pro (rebuilt with 2012 graphics and fork guards). Should have it built up by June 1st.

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
Hopefully picking up my new KHS DH300 frame today. I was planning on riding my old bike at the Pro GRT this weekend but as long as everthing fits on the new frame I'll be riding it this weekend. Pics to come later Derp.

sethius

Chimp
Jan 19, 2009
Army downhill bike?

Also how do you like your wish?
Yes, Army wehrmacht out of Peru, proving to be rather on the money, pretty stoked, just need a decent fork up front.

This was the prototype one, we made a few changes, longer top tube, taller seat tube with a gusset in a larger diameter tubing (seat post went from 27.2mm to 31.6mm), one peice bottom bb/pivot section for strength,older Trannie models had issues there. Changed cable routing to be safe, changed the front mount abit and 1/2 degree slacker up front. Definitely the perfect mini DH bike with a 180mm, and a great aggressive bike @ 160mm on front, and balls of fun for a frame that's as cheap as this.

Nice air fork.
ahha thanks. ;) Waiting on some black X-fusion velvet RL's, a cruisy high 10s bike without effort. :)

It's a brand from Russia, they like this WWII ****...
Peru actually, site was run by the russian importer, but that turned into a ****fight, going through fixes at the moment, including a new site thats not controlled there, and better presented.

Pretty cool that customers can pick axle size/bb size/headtube size, and custom paint etc. We've got 4 here at the moment, the other 3 are demolitions.

juanbeegas

Monkey
May 6, 2008
Singapore

2011 Specialized Demo(S)
Brakes: 2012 Shimano XT
Cassette: Shimano XT(not pictured)
Chain: KMC X9SL
Chainguide: E13 SRS+
Chainring: E13 Guide Ring
Cranks: Truvativ Descendant
Fork: X-Fusion Vengeance HLR
Grips: Specialized Rocca
Handlebar: Nuke Proof Warhead
Headset: Hope Step Down(not pictured)
Mudguard: Mucky Nutz Bender Fender 2.0
Saddle: Charge Spoon
Seatpost: Banshee Praxys
Shifter/Derailleur: SRAM X9
Shock: Fox RC4 w Steel Coil
Stem: Straitline
Pedals: HT Air MN06AT
Tyres: Schwalbe Hans Dampf or Maxxis Minion DHF 3C EXO(not pictured)
Wheels: Mavic Deetraks

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
I am not trying to troll ;) but, it look kinda steep...
Yeah so steep Tim Eaton won the AUS. Overall on one and 2 guys are going to world's on them. Did I mention the Junior that won BDS by almost 3 seconds last weeken. Or that Richard Lancaster liked it best out of the other 3 high end DH sleds he tested last year. Cabon V-10, M9, Pivot keep in mind he won a Pro race last year on the Pivot and hadn't ridden in a few years. He is still very fast.:D

The Red sticker looker killer BTW. If you like adjusting shock then you can clip the plastic shock eyelit mount and then use velcro to hold the shock guard onto downtube. Just cut it thin can't add on plastic. Stoked to see it built.

Apr 9, 2004
Mount Carmel,PA
Yeah so steep Tim Eaton won the AUS. Overall on one and 2 guys are going to world's on them. Did I mention the Junior that won BDS by almost 3 seconds last weeken. Or that Richard Lancaster liked it best out of the other 3 high end DH sleds he tested last year. Cabon V-10, M9, Pivot keep in mind he won a Pro race last year on the Pivot and hadn't ridden in a few years. He is still very fast.:D

The Red sticker looker killer BTW. If you like adjusting shock then you can clip the plastic shock eyelit mount and then use velcro to hold the shock guard onto downtube. Just cut it thin can't add on plastic. Stoked to see it built.
I love mine. Best handling bike I have owned so far. I have noticed I dont pay as much attention to the ground as much as I had, The rear sucks everything up so well no need to worry most of the time.

I went the velcro route on the shock guard. Works fine. Being a bit Anal I keep one loose zip tie on it just in case it falls off so I dont run it over.

extremely fast when things get steep and rough.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
I velcroed the cover on already. The plastic eyelits are held on by tiny bolts so you can add them back on later.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007

CG won Rampage on a Gemini. Your argument is invalid ;)

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
Moreover, it's rather how good or bad such kind of top rider/racer is, than how slack or steep the bike is ;> And... I didn't say "is steer", I said "looks kinda steep" ;>

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
Yes, Army wehrmacht out of Peru, proving to be rather on the money, pretty stoked, just need a decent fork up front.

This was the prototype one, we made a few changes, longer top tube, taller seat tube with a gusset in a larger diameter tubing (seat post went from 27.2mm to 31.6mm), one peice bottom bb/pivot section for strength,older Trannie models had issues there. Changed cable routing to be safe, changed the front mount abit and 1/2 degree slacker up front. Definitely the perfect mini DH bike with a 180mm, and a great aggressive bike @ 160mm on front, and balls of fun for a frame that's as cheap as this.

ahha thanks. ;) Waiting on some black X-fusion velvet RL's, a cruisy high 10s bike without effort. :)

Peru actually, site was run by the russian importer, but that turned into a ****fight, going through fixes at the moment, including a new site thats not controlled there, and better presented.

Pretty cool that customers can pick axle size/bb size/headtube size, and custom paint etc. We've got 4 here at the moment, the other 3 are demolitions.
The wish is a cool bike. Went for a trip to Maribor with Dartmoor designer and even he was surprised how well it coped there. If only the seattube and tt were a bit longer it would be a perfect do it all bike. Still a very nice park ripper.

Owennn

Monkey
Mar 10, 2009
very nice, but is it as silent as i think it is?
Maybe, we can't read your mind. They are certainly very quiet without a chain smacking about. You setup the chain with minimal length rather than needing to allow it room to move from a 12 to 30 or whatever size cog.

no skid marks

Monkey
Jan 15, 2006
ACT Australia
Daniel Taliana also would've won Vets(Oz Nationals)if he'd not missed the last race for a wedding.
Think they're doing pretty well in the mother land(NZ)also.