Quantcast

Post your 2013 ride.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I will be posting photos of my 2013 ride as it gets built. And not just "Ooh, I got a frame and watch me as I put parts on it" but really AS IT GETS BUILT. From raw tubes and aluminum to a completed bicycle frame. I'll keep it classy and just post stuff they've made public, so the updates will only be as quick as I get them. First we start with some raw materials...

Front triangle tubes, before bending:

Seat Tubes:

Then we get to some more machined bits:

Shock box plate being machined:

Shock box plates finished, with bottom brackets:

Front shock mounts, rear shock mount eccentrics, & derailleur hangers:

Super stoked on this, once finished it'll be a Guerilla Gravity GG/DH Beta Frame, made by friend and fellow monkey mtg for more info hit those links or their website: http://ridegg.com/

supercow

Monkey
Feb 18, 2009
Saw this linked by Dirt on their Facebook today, immediately placed my order:

Now for the wait :(

jezso

Chimp
Dec 31, 2010
Dubai, UAE
Due to my broken rib and constant headache, which is a result of my last week concussing caused by an ugly crash, my 2012 bike will only be ridden in 2013 next time. I'm still hoping I can ride it this year, but probaly gonna use my Enduro instead.
Anyway this i my ride for the upcoming months, whatever comes.

P1030389.JPG

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Due to my broken rib and constant headache, which is a result of my last week concussing caused by an ugly crash, my 2012 bike will only be ridden in 2013 next time. I'm still hoping I can ride it this year, but probaly gonna use my Enduro instead.
Anyway this i my ride for the upcoming months, whatever comes.

View attachment 112303
Where do you ride when you're from Budapest?

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
That particular picture was shot at Wagrain, Austria.
There are several spots here nerby Budapest as well, but there is no shuttling.
I thought Hungary was flatter than Paris Hilton. The only event I know is the Balaton fest because the local dirt guys rave about it.

Last edited:

yd35

Monkey
Oct 28, 2008
NY
I thought Hungary was flatter than Paris Hilton. The only event I know is the Balaton fest because the local dirt guys rave about it.
The Buda section of Budapest is actually really hilly. It definitely looked like it had some riding potential, which was confirmed when I saw a dude pedal by with a DH bike and full face on.

jezso

Chimp
Dec 31, 2010
Dubai, UAE
The Buda section of Budapest is actually really hilly. It definitely looked like it had some riding potential, which was confirmed when I saw a dude pedal by with a DH bike and full face on.
Yes, you are absolutely right.
There is even a train that you can use to go up, but usually it is full with people.
I rather go up by car, and push up the bike to the trail heads.
The traks are fairly short but very challenging.
Check these pictures to get and idea about them.

http://jezso.pinkbike.com/album/Racing-and-riding/

yd35

Monkey
Oct 28, 2008
NY
That's coz it has an air shock :p

Should be light anyway with my BOS Idylle RaRe air - looking at 35lbs'
No doubt, that air shock is pimp and light! But I think it looks like they shaved some weight off the frame as well. Put it on the scale for us when it comes in!

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
Yes, you are absolutely right.
There is even a train that you can use to go up, but usually it is full with people.
I rather go up by car, and push up the bike to the trail heads.
The traks are fairly short but very challenging.
Check these pictures to get and idea about them.

http://jezso.pinkbike.com/album/Racing-and-riding/
That's awesome. Than you are in much better position than I am in Warsaw where the biggest hill is build of demolished buildings rabble. Hell I just checked and my distance to real mountains is bigger than yours to Maribor and Semmering. I never expected it's such a good location.

jezso

Chimp
Dec 31, 2010
Dubai, UAE
That's awesome. Than you are in much better position than I am in Warsaw where the biggest hill is build of demolished buildings rabble. Hell I just checked and my distance to real mountains is bigger than yours to Maribor and Semmering. I never expected it's such a good location.
It seems that you are right.
I have just been to Kraccow (what an amazing city), and have met several MTB-ers.
They have very good opportunities as the High Tatra is very close and it has several places o ride.

Though I can feel your pain as originally from a very flat area where the biggest obstacle are the river dams. :)

In case visiting Budapest and planning to ride as well, feel free to contact me.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
It seems that you are right.
I have just been to Kraccow (what an amazing city), and have met several MTB-ers.
They have very good opportunities as the High Tatra is very close and it has several places o ride.

Though I can feel your pain as originally from a very flat area where the biggest obstacle are the river dams. :)

In case visiting Budapest and planning to ride as well, feel free to contact me.
Great, thanks.

Krakow is a nice spot for local tracks but the High Tatras are a national reserve park so no riding ouside of a few small hill. There are quite a few tracks nearby though. The only problem is most of the dh tracks stopped evolving a few years ago since we have 3 builders dominating most of the spots. We have a few new more fr-ish tracks (not really park tracks outside of one) but it's still far from what Austria, Slovenia or even Ruzomberok in Slovakia have to offer.

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
Hellafornia. Formerly stumptown.

Since I won't be on a big bike for sometime, trading down to an enduro/am rig. Going to try to race some enduro races. So, come Jan/Feb i'll be buying/building one of these. No expense spared kinda build, never went ape****.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog

Since I won't be on a big bike for sometime, trading down to an enduro/am rig. Going to try to race some enduro races. So, come Jan/Feb i'll be buying/building one of these. No expense spared kinda build, never went ape****.

Have they set an availability on those yet?

jezso

Chimp
Dec 31, 2010
Dubai, UAE

Beauty.
How are the Dorados?
I am plannaing to swith to them.
What is your experience?
Comparison to any other DH fork?

Last edited:

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
When I last spoke to Kev 2 weeks ago he said they just finished pre-production sample so Between Dec-Feb for frames and build kits. Which is perfect for me as I wont even be in a position to ride until then or later.
Well healing vibes to you, I am nursing a broken back right now so i get you're frustration...

On to the EVIL, I am in love with it BUT...I really wish they had gone the way that banshee went with the dropouts on the Rune, variable dropouts with a 650b option. Usually I am not one to buy into the hype to much but I really do think it makes sense. As a dedicated 26" rider for all these years I am looking for a carbon bike that allows me the option to run 26 or 650b, if this bike was that I would be standing in line.

Waiting for the right bike/rim company to produce a frame and wide 650b carbon rims so i can build my ultimate bike with a 34 on the front...might be '14 till that comes to market. Any takers on this one...

Last edited:

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
Hellafornia. Formerly stumptown.
thanks man! My injury is childs play compared to yours though.

For me I have no point really in riding anything other than 26" The bikes are capable of more than I can give or take from it so i'm just as happy with 26" I do see the point in options though.

jezso

Chimp
Dec 31, 2010
Dubai, UAE
They are super plush and controlled. Liked them better than my 2013 fox 40s
Relaxing news. I am planning to replace 2012 F40s.
Mainly due to the restricted turning radius caused by the special bumpers specified for the Demo.
We have a lot of narrow tracks with lots of switchbacks.