Quantcast

Post your 2014 rides!

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
Hellafornia. Formerly stumptown.
27" or 29" on the Nimble 9?
Built it as a 27.5 bike. I need to swap a few things out. IT's current got 175 cranks on it and will go to a 165 or 170. Every other bike I own has 165's so might go that route.

So far it's been a blast to rip around on. Havent taken it for a trail ride yet. Will probably this week or weekend I found the hard way im not strong enough for 1x10 w/ 32t front for southern California. Lots of really long climbs and really bad knees don't like those combinations.

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
Agreed. But I have to ask. I don't want to be "that guy", but the frame is heavy to start off with, and the fork isn't lightweight either... what's the entire bike come in at? and is it a detriment to ride quality?
It was high 38 before I now assume it's low 40LBS range I have done two rides its not bad at all. Though I have never ridden a DH bike lighter than 37 pounds so don't have something to really judge against. I do not notice the front gaining the 1.25 LBS over the Float I replaced if that what you want to know. In fact I may go with a Ti Spring Jade in near future depending on what the testing feels like and add another .5LBS to it!!

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Haha, nice, I couldn't bring myself to buy a frame with a stupid decorative cutout in the HT, Corsair had two slots in it and it just covered the lower bearing with ****.

They do loo like a wicked frame though, good price too!

supercow

Monkey
Feb 18, 2009
Haha, nice, I couldn't bring myself to buy a frame with a stupid decorative cutout in the HT, Corsair had two slots in it and it just covered the lower bearing with ****.

They do loo like a wicked frame though, good price too!
Had one before this one - while I understand the concern, there really isn;t anything to worry about. The headset doesn't press in - so all you do is wipe it down now and again.

supercow

Monkey
Feb 18, 2009
Caved and got myself a demo - always wanted to try one.

It's just waiting on some Vinyls at the moment - I usualy only wear / ride in black, but felt like going a bit more colourful

The Spitfire will be staying - best bike I've had so far... can't get enough of it.

rsullivan

Chimp
Mar 9, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Built up a couple of bikes for the new year....
Canfield Nimble 9(650b) with a 150mm TALAS (built last fall before the snow fell)

And just built up a 2014 Canfield Jedi - to round off my Canfield stable (also own a '11 the ONE as a trail bike)

rsullivan

Chimp
Mar 9, 2013
Northwest Indiana
what crank length you running? I just built a nimble as a 650b and the BB is 11.75" off the ground and with 170 cranks pedals get low.
170 mm with Canfield Ultimates pedals. My ONE under sag is just as low so I am used to low BB heights. What length of fork are you running? I started with a 140mm but ended up going 150 which made a difference

aenema

almost 100% positive
Sep 5, 2008
Built the Spitfire a couple of weeks ago and Jedi this weekend. Still needing a new front rotor for Jedi but sitting just shy of 40 pounds now. Spitfire is 28lbs 10oz complete as you see it. So pumped for the coming season!

Jedi.jpgSpitfire.jpg

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Love the spitty though I have to say after riding a knolly warden for a very short while that bike is a serious contender in the race for the most awesome trail bike out there.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes

yee haw!

Thanks guys, I literally just picked it up yesterday, so have had no time to ditch the reflectors nor custom SRAM extra-cash spoke protector. It also has no pedals. I can't wait to get it dirty. It came out of the box, and I've been only the second person to ride it, besides the sales guy. I think it might be taking a ducati to a soap box derby for most of my trails, but the bike just seemed to click under me.

Samoto

Dec 16, 2013

yee haw!

Thanks guys, I literally just picked it up yesterday, so have had no time to ditch the reflectors nor custom SRAM extra-cash spoke protector. It also has no pedals. I can't wait to get it dirty. It came out of the box, and I've been only the second person to ride it, besides the sales guy. I think it might be taking a ducati to a soap box derby for most of my trails, but the bike just seemed to click under me.
cool bike, i like the finish :) You must got it at bargain price :p

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
haha, why cause they forgot the stickers? I got a fair deal on it, but it wasn't cheap. I'm still stoked on the build for the price.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
not quite a DH bike, but i just built up a canfield DJ. this frame is DIALED

Hey demo 9,
What axle are you running on your i9's with the horizontal drops? I just built up my new hardtail and that 10mm hadley axle I have for my i9's is not working right with the horizontal drops. I may just need a regular axle nut.

Last edited:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
:thumb: I loved my CR. Needed a firmer spring, but was too cheap to buy one, so I just ran the compression super firm, and it was still pretty cool, if a bit divey. That is an absolute knockout budget fork.

rsullivan

Chimp
Mar 9, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Ah ok.... running a 66cr on my Canfield ONE. Nice fork but wanted a little more control on the DH bike. Running a stiff spring on the 66 and the extra stiff on the 888 rc3 evo.