Quantcast

Post your 2014 rides!

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I have not a clue if there is. I'll probably just leave it the way it is, it seems to be okay.

I think I need a different spring on it in the back, but we'll see once this damn rain stops.

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Free Soda Refills at Fuddruckers
I have not a clue if there is. I'll probably just leave it the way it is, it seems to be okay.

I think I need a different spring on it in the back, but we'll see once this damn rain stops.
Looks like a fun bike. And you have the same Rain as over my way?? How... crap. :thumbsdown:

My first Trail Day has Rain in the forecast. Not good, not good...

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
There is a rule that says if you have a weird bike you have to take a completely useless photo, here is mine-

supercow

Monkey
Feb 18, 2009
For 2014 I'm riding the bike everyone loves to hate.

Don't care what anyone says, it's a bloody rocket ship and I love it.

Had to pose it next to a riding buddy's Mystery Machine

Last edited:

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
Hellafornia. Formerly stumptown.
which are actually for sale, along with the car. Ive decided a car, on air is stupid to own. I cant take it to any trails, i dont want my dog ****ing up the interior. cant go camping. so once it sells im on the hunt for a good 4x4 suv or truck.

sometimes, some thing you say, you wish you never said. rim price not excluded.

Last edited:

csermonet

Monkey
Mar 5, 2010
which are actually for sale, along with the car. Ive decided a car, on air is stupid to own. I cant take it to any trails, i dont want my dog ****ing up the interior. cant go camping. so once it sells im on the hunt for a good 4x4 suv or truck.

lets see a picture of it with the air dumped. me likey

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog

It happens man, I sold my dumped v8 s4 for a wrangler 4 door last year, best decision ever. it's the right choice you can't have everything.

csermonet

Monkey
Mar 5, 2010
I will preface this by apologizing for the off topicness

It happens man, I sold my dumped v8 s4 for a wrangler 4 door last year, best decision ever. it's the right choice you can't have everything.
Always wanted a v8 Audi. Would love a v8 A6 wagon

blackohio - looks awesome. what kind of wheels are those?

brothers car -

my car -

I had a VW Passat Wagon with the w8 that I sold for the 528. Would be all over another one if I could ever find it with the 5 speed

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
Hellafornia. Formerly stumptown.
Yeah, Ideally Id like something along the lines of either a Q7 or Q5. I dig the interior and lux aspects of the A6. So going to something spartan is going to be a huge letdown.

However a huge preface to all of this is, I want to pay for something cash. So Im somewhat limited to the 6K range. Which excludes any Q5/Q7.

So Im kinda learning to trying to find a good clean Mitsubishi Montero with the boxed fenders (1998 or so) spend a grand on the motor and throw some suspension/tires on it and be stoked pocket the cash.

csermonet

Monkey
Mar 5, 2010
Back on topic

Just about done with this, first trail bike build. Been wanting a 6 Point for a while. Waiting on Zee der. and switching rotors. 32lbs with tubes and no chain/der

Trekrules

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2007
My Downhill bike for this year still with my trusty Session 10 but now custom tuned with updated geometry,the bikes head angle is changed with the Works components -2 angleset that gives the bike a 64 degree HA.Made the change to air suspension in the rear with the Cane Creek Double Barrel Air & up front a custom 2014 Marzocchi 888 RC3 V2 Evo done by Wecustomizebikes.

Spec's:
- Frame: Session 10
- Headset: Works Components -2 Angleset
- Stem: Point 1 Racing Split Second DM LTD
- Fork: Marzocchi 888 RC3 V.2 Evo 2014 Custom
- Handlebar: Sixpack Millenium Stealth Black 785mm
- Brakes: Formula The One LTD 203/203mm
- Shifter: Shimano Zee 10sp Shifter
- Rear Shock: Cane Creek Double Barrel Air 267x89mm
- Grips: PRO XCR Black
- Cranks: Race Face Respond 175mm Black
- Bottom Bracket: Race Face
- Chainguide: MRP G2 SL ISCG05 Super Wide
- Chain: KMC X10L Silver
- Pedals: Nukeproof Electrons Black
- Cassette: Shimano 105 11-23t
- Derailleur: Shimano Saint 10sp Custom
- Hubs: Chris King ISO 20mm/12x150mm Green
- Spokes: Sapim Race Black
- Rims: Mavic 721 Black
- Tires: Maxxis High Rollers II EXO 2,4's
- Seatclamp: PRO
- Seatpost: FSA
- Saddle: Selle Italia SLR

soft-compound

Monkey
Dec 29, 2012
My Downhill bike for this year still with my trusty Session 10 but now custom tuned with updated geometry,the bikes head angle is changed with the Works components -2 angleset that gives the bike a 64 degree HA.Made the change to air suspension in the rear with the Cane Creek Double Barrel Air & up front a custom 2014 Marzocchi 888 RC3 V2 Evo done by Wecustomizebikes.

Spec's:
- Frame: Session 10
- Headset: Works Components -2 Angleset
- Stem: Point 1 Racing Split Second DM LTD
- Fork: Marzocchi 888 RC3 V.2 Evo 2014 Custom
- Handlebar: Sixpack Millenium Stealth Black 785mm
- Brakes: Formula The One LTD 203/203mm
- Shifter: Shimano Zee 10sp Shifter
- Rear Shock: Cane Creek Double Barrel Air 267x89mm
- Grips: PRO XCR Black
- Cranks: Race Face Respond 175mm Black
- Bottom Bracket: Race Face
- Chainguide: MRP G2 SL ISCG05 Super Wide
- Chain: KMC X10L Silver
- Pedals: Nukeproof Electrons Black
- Cassette: Shimano 105 11-23t
- Derailleur: Shimano Saint 10sp Custom
- Hubs: Chris King ISO 20mm/12x150mm Green
- Spokes: Sapim Race Black
- Rims: Mavic 721 Black
- Tires: Maxxis High Rollers II EXO 2,4's
- Seatclamp: PRO
- Seatpost: FSA
- Saddle: Selle Italia SLR

Looks amazing , have you ridden on those forks yet?
Just wondering how long the green coating will last on the stanchions?
Are they teflon coated or just normal anodizing?

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
My latest ride:
So far, it's pretty fkn fun.
Cheers, Hugh.
that looks really neat, a lot cleaner than your other versions. I read through your website, you have tons of really good info on MTB dynamics and stuff. Do you have plots of the antisquat and leverage rates for this bike?

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
I don't understand the leverage curve. 0.3 leverage? Also why degressive at the begining of travel?

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
I don't understand the leverage curve. 0.3 leverage? Also why degressive at the begining of travel?
That has to be the "motion ratio", the inverse of leverage ratio. It's what the automotive world uses, probably because it's more intuitive (as motion ratio increases, spring rate at the wheel increases). In the mountain bike world, the inverse probably took hold because numbers like 2.5 are more convenient than numbers like 0.4.

ButtersNZ

Monkey
Jun 6, 2013
I love this bike. But I'm also injuring myself a lot doing DH. Thinking of swapping it for a 26" or 650b AM bike with 150+mm travel. I can't afford two bikes and crave versatility :(