Quantcast

Post your best pro-gun stories

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
That would make sense. Saw some before and after pics of ballistic gelatin tests using a compressed lead bullet in .308. The same one SWAT uses when they need little to no penetration at close range. MASSIVE Damage with only an inch or two of initial penetration. No distinguishable projectile remained beyond 10 inches.

do you work at the mall? :rolleyes:

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
one of my high school buddies killed his gf in a car crash, he probably remembers that as well. we should get rid of cars.
i'd look pretty stupid doing a drive-by on a bike.

which has nothing to do w/ cars, however.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
one of my high school buddies killed his gf in a car crash, he probably remembers that as well. we should get rid of cars.
Oh yeah I forgot cars are designed to kill and they are making bullets safer all the time:rolleyes:

Mr Jones

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2007
do you work at the mall? :rolleyes:
no, but I stayed at a holiday in express once :p

I used to work as a materials engineer for Northrop Grumman until I got tired of big business politics and went to work for a small private company. Oh, the things I saw, read, and tinkered with while at NG will keep my mental juices flowing for many years.

1000-Oaks

Monkey
May 8, 2003
Simi Valley, CA
(Lemmie know if it's already been posted and I'll delete it, didn't have time to read the whole thread.)

BUTTE, MONTANA

Shotgun preteen vs. Illegal Alien Home Invaders...

Two illegal aliens, Ralphel Resindez, 23, and Enrico Garza, 26, probably believed they would easily overpower home-alone 11 year old Patricia Harrington after her father had left their two-story home.

It seems the two crooks never learned two things: they were in Montana and Patricia had been a clay shooting champion since she was nine.

Patricia was in her upstairs room when the two men broke through the front door of the house. She quickly ran to her father's room and grabbed his 12 gauge Mossberg 500 shotgun.

Resindez was the first to get up to the second floor only to be the first to catch a near point blank blast of buckshot from the 11-year-old's knee crouch aim. He suffered fatal wounds to his abdomen and genitals.

When Garza ran to the foot of the stairs, he took a blast to the left shoulder and staggered out into the street where he bled to death before medical help could arrive.

It was found out later that Resindez was armed with a stolen 45 caliber handgun he took from another home invasion robbery. That victim, 50-year-old David 0'Burien, was not so lucky. He died from stab wounds to the chest.

Ever wonder why such news never makes NBC, CBS, PBS, MSNBC, CNN, or ABC news........an 11 year old girl, properly trained, defended her home, and herself......against two murderous, illegal immigrants.......and she wins.

She is still alive because she had the means to protect herself.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Would make sense if guns were useful for things other than killing people. Cars not only kill people but they are status symbols, they help insecure people define themselves and they employ millions of Japanese, Koreans and Arabs.

Mr Jones

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2007
Would make sense if guns were useful for things other than killing people. Cars not only kill people but they are status symbols, they help insecure people define themselves and they employ millions of Japanese, Koreans and Arabs.
Would make sense if CARS were useful for things other than killing people. GUNS not only kill people but they are status symbols, they help insecure people define themselves and they employ millions of Japanese, Koreans and Arabs.
Flippin the coin....

1000-Oaks

Monkey
May 8, 2003
Simi Valley, CA
Yeah, maybe, as if Snopes can be trusted, lol...

Ever notice the lengths Snopes (site owned & operated by registered Democrats) go to when "disproving" things that make liberals or democrats look bad, and how much they write when "proving" bad things about conservatives?

Pure coincidence I'm sure. Actually, they've intentionally posted bogus info and been caught before.

Not saything they are wrong on this story, but they definitely have an agenda - and 100% accuracy isn't it.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Just like the people who invented the story you posted then? Who's worse?
If Snopes makes things up then there should be plenty of sources out there to back up this claim. All we've got so far from 1000-Oaks is "they've intentionally posted bogus info and been caught before". Really? When?
Ironically the link I posted from Snopes does reference a real story where a young kid killed two robbers, but without all the racist dog-whistles from the OP.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Yeah, maybe, as if Snopes can be trusted, lol...

Ever notice the lengths Snopes (site owned & operated by registered Democrats) go to when "disproving" things that make liberals or democrats look bad, and how much they write when "proving" bad things about conservatives?

Pure coincidence I'm sure. Actually, they've intentionally posted bogus info and been caught before.

Not saything they are wrong on this story, but they definitely have an agenda - and 100% accuracy isn't it.
FALSE: http://www.factcheck.org/2009/04/snopescom/

"You’d be hard-pressed to find two more apolitical people," David Mikkelson said. We checked online to see if he had given money to any federal candidates, and nothing turned up. Mikkelson even faxed us a copy of his voter registration form. He asked us not to post an image of it here, but we can confirm that it shows he declined to state a party affiliation when he registered last year, and also that when he registered in 2000 he did so as a Republican.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
All we've got so far from 1000-Oaks is "they've intentionally posted bogus info and been caught before". Really? When?
I'm sure he got a chain e-mail detailing the circumstances.

The reason Snopes debunks more right-wing frother crap than any other political view is because there is more right-wing frother crap online to debunk.

Not that I'm a leftist, but I sure get a lot of bull**** email in my inbox about how Obama is a Kenyan Nazi Communist Islamofascist than I ever did about how GW was a drunken idiot fratboy Halliburton knobslobber.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
I'm sure he got a chain e-mail detailing the circumstances.

The reason Snopes debunks more right-wing frother crap than any other political view is because there is more right-wing frother crap online to debunk.

Not that I'm a leftist, but I sure get a lot of bull**** email in my inbox about how Obama is a Kenyan Nazi Communist Islamofascist than I ever did about how GW was a drunken idiot fratboy Halliburton knobslobber.
Eempawseeblay!!!!

JacobDW

Monkey
Feb 22, 2005
Manassas, VA

firearms have more uses than for just killing people.
1 hunting
2 personal protection (animals walk on 2 legs aswell as 4)
3 hobby
4 competition
5 because the 2A says I can

ETA: alot of people use guns as status symbols too... try showing off your new Jennings or Hipoint off at the range... lulz will ensue...