Quantcast

Post your best pro-gun stories

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
Ouch, stepped on some Team toes, have I? You guys know that I love America. Every morning I wake up to my mobile playing the firefighters from Sept 12, 2001, when they shout USA, USA, USA, right after GWB said he's going to exterminate the planet. :thumb:
What on earth are you rambling about seriously? This forum is all about the EU. Keep up.

Mr Jones

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2007
Ouch, stepped on some Team toes, have I? You guys know that I love America. Every morning I wake up to my mobile playing the firefighters from Sept 12, 2001, when they shout USA, USA, USA, right after GWB said he's going to exterminate the planet. :thumb:
quit drinking the bong water...

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin
I was going to ask you what mac & cheese was. How the heck did cheese fit in with weapons? Mac, sure, you mac some body, guess you could do it with your palm as well as a gun. But cheese? Then I looked at a few of the other threads... I've missed a lot it seems. :D :D :D

Mr Jones

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2007
I was going to ask you what mac & cheese was. How the heck did cheese fit in with weapons? Mac, sure, you mac some body, guess you could do it with your palm as well as a gun. But cheese? Then I looked at a few of the other threads... I've missed a lot it seems. :D :D :D
mac & cheese explained...

mac = mac10
cheese = more specifically swiss cheese (what a body looks like when a mac10 unloads on it)

there you go... the relation between guns and Mac & Cheese

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin
mac & cheese explained...

mac = mac10
cheese = more specifically swiss cheese (what a body looks like when a mac10 unloads on it)

there you go... the relation between guns and Mac & Cheese
**** man, that was deep. You sure you're not tokin? ;)

Lowlight7

Monkey
Apr 4, 2008
Virginia, USA
Oh! You're from Sweden.

I don't see any reason to take this discussion any further, all of my responses will now begin with "bork bork bork" and end with either "ABBA" or "Dolph Lundgren."

ATOMICFIREBALL

DISARMED IN A BATTLE OF WITS
May 26, 2004
Tennessee
*Chin was given a sobriety test - which he passed - under a new and controversial NYPD policy introduced last Sunday.

What is this rule?
So if Chin happend to be .0001% over he would be in trouble ?
Still doesn't change the situation.
Typical liberal gun hating N.Y.
So do big gang rapes in daylight hours at central park still go on there while everyone just watches & video tapes it.

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin
Oh! You're from Sweden.

I don't see any reason to take this discussion any further, all of my responses will now begin with "bork bork bork" and end with either "ABBA" or "Dolph Lundgren."
Discussion? Man, you just got deep throated and thebaged, I finished and left. That was good night.

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin
*Chin was given a sobriety test - which he passed - under a new and controversial NYPD policy introduced last Sunday.

What is this rule?
So if Chin happend to be .0001% over he would be in trouble ?
Still doesn't change the situation.
Typical liberal gun hating N.Y.
So do big gang rapes in daylight hours at central park still go on there while everyone just watches & video tapes it.
I thought Rudy put on his republican rubber gloves and cleaned up that town? Maybe he should have left his Puerto Rican house hold lady do his job for him??

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
I thought Rudy put on his republican rubber gloves and cleaned up that town? Maybe he should have left his Puerto Rican house hold lady do his job for him??
No that is right, the murder rate in NYC is one of the lowest ever recorded - lower than before significant gun control hit NYC:lighten:

Less than 20 years ago, it was the murder capital of the U.S. and one of the most violent big cities in the world.

But now the murder rate in New York has fallen to its lowest since reliable record-keeping started.

There were 494 murders in the Big Apple in 2007 - 102 fewer than in 2006.

And Mayor Michael Bloomberg and Police Commissioner Ray Kelly say they are pushing for an even bigger reduction in 2008.
If it wasn't for lax controls outside of the city, maybe NYC could compare to London in the UK:

New York City has one murder for every 16,600 inhabitants, while London has one for every 38,900.
Low Murder Rate Brings New York Back to ’63

Jun 12, 2007
Southborough, MA
One night on Beacon Hill, with my then girlfriend and now ex, I happened to hear a noise out the open back window of the apartment. With the lights out, I glance out and see this perp cutting his way through the barbed wired top of a wall about 10 feet from me. I yell to my girl..."GET me my "45"!" She yells back "WHAT 45?". Whoops...how to make a guy look foolish! He got away.

Must have been the same guy weeks later, when I bagged him, this time with a bow and the help from the cops. He was a wanted rapist and cat burglar.

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin
So I can be sure you understand, I'll speak to you in Svenske Kocken.

Dun't yuoo hefe-a sume-a prevns tu stur-fry? Bork Bork Bork!
Boy, you ain't listening. You know why? Cus I've got my Sweden in your ear.

"Rockwool's kickin new flava this yeeeaaar, Lowlight7 got my Sweden in his eeeaaaar!" :monkeydance:

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
"klop, klop, klop, bang!..." is what came to mind when i saw "lancasteronline"

ultraNoob

Yoshinoya Destroyer
Jan 20, 2007
Hills of Paradise
I smell a lawsuit. No mention that the shooter had seen the gun or been instructed that he was being robbed.... but the wouldbe robbers got what they deserved.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
A lawsuit? Always will be. Will the plaintiff win? No way, unless the shooter is an idiot and said things to the cops besides, "There's been a shooting in my business; we need an ambulance and police assistance. I'm on the scene, I am armed, I'm wearing a red shirt and baseball cap. Please send help as soon as possible."

Lowlight7

Monkey
Apr 4, 2008
Virginia, USA
Most of my family lives in the next county over.

The emergency call probably went something like this...

"Bob? I just shot some pricks who tried to rob meh store. We still on for Hardees breakfast and horseshoes on Sunday?"

I'd be suprised if they could find a lawyer to plead their civil case.

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
I smell a lawsuit. No mention that the shooter had seen the gun or been instructed that he was being robbed.... but the wouldbe robbers got what they deserved.
Yeah, you don't need to "instruct" anyone that you're robbing him in order to be robbing him or see a gun to think you're in danger of losing your life. Reasonably objective belief is based on the facts that you can surmise from the situation.

If you had to say, "You're being robbed" to be a robber, you'd have some kind of Batman-world-esque gang of mimes robbing people with impunity...

ultraNoob

Yoshinoya Destroyer
Jan 20, 2007
Hills of Paradise
[devils advocate]
So the manager was justified in shooting at two people walking through the door even though he didn't see a gun? His statement was "I thought I was about to get robbed". Sure they were wearing ski masks, but maybe it was cold outside. Wearing ski masks isn't any indication that you're going to get robbed.

They don't have to say "I'm going to rob you". I didn't see it as a "completely" justifiable shoot because the shooter didn't see any weapons before he pulled the trigger. Sure he felt his life was in danger, but if he didn't see a weapon and the assailants didn't rush toward him, then he shouldn't have pulled the trigger. If I pulled the trigger everytime someone wearing dark clothes jumps my fence and starts going through my cars, or creating a ruckus, I'd be in jail for at least 20yrs.
[/devils advocate]

I walked up on a guy going through one of the cars on my lot at 9pm. I drew and directed him to show his hands, exit the vehcile, and face the ground. Instead, he exited with a screwdriver in his hand, took two steps toward me. I took two steps back while warning him. He dropped the screwdriver, got on the ground. Local PD showed up a few minutes later and took him away.

I'm a shop owner in a very sketchy part of town. I also have a CCW.

Last edited:

ultraNoob

Yoshinoya Destroyer
Jan 20, 2007
Hills of Paradise
whatever happened to 2 warning shots to ctr mass?
I live in California. I have to try to keep cool to stay out of jail because I have a CCW. A civil suit followed where the guy's mom sued me for brandishing and unlawfully detaining her son (who BTW had a current warrant for assult). Judge dismissed the case saying that I was well within my rights and that I was also in a position to pull the trigger. He told her to be thankful that her son is still alive, that I kept my cool and didn't pull the trigger. Spent all of 2 hours in the court room.

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
I live in California. I have to try to keep cool to stay out of jail because I have a CCW. A civil suit followed where the guy's mom sued me for brandishing and unlawfully detaining her son (who BTW had a current warrant for assult). Judge dismissed the case saying that I was well within my rights and that I was also in a position to pull the trigger. He told her to be thankful that her son is still alive, that I kept my cool and didn't pull the trigger. Spent all of 2 hours in the court room.
Probably a good call on your part if you managed to keep total control of the situation...you obviously know what further headaches might have awaited you if you took the more cautious route of shooting him outright. Glad you had a judge whose head was where it belonged...

http://fox43.trb.com/news/wpmt-072308-parentsspeakout,0,2541097.story

In this case, even the dead guy's own father doesn't blame the would-be victim-it was apparently a pretty blatant armed robbery attempt.

Lowlight7

Monkey
Apr 4, 2008
Virginia, USA
So the manager was justified in shooting at two people walking through the door even though he didn't see a gun? His statement was "I thought I was about to get robbed". Sure they were wearing ski masks, but maybe it was cold outside. Wearing ski masks isn't any indication that you're going to get robbed.
It's July. In the Pennsylvania Valley.

MI62887

Chimp
Jun 12, 2008
http://www.thereporter.com/ci_10404598?source=most_viewed

A suspected burglar is dead after a Vacaville homeowner confronted him in his home early Saturday.
At about 2 a.m., Vacaville police responded to a residence in the 1200 block of Balsam Way after the resident called in stating that he interrupted a burglary and shot the suspect, police said.

Police arrived to find a deceased male who appeared to be shot at least once in the torso.

The resident, who lived alone, stated he had been asleep and was awakened by the sound of voices. He then armed himself with a handgun and proceeded to investigate, police said.

Evidence shows that at least one additional person was in the home at the time of the shooting and possibly fled through a bedroom window. There was no struggle involved in the confrontation and the resident was not harmed, according to police. A search of the area didn't turn up any additional suspects.

As of press time, the intruder has not been identified by the Solano County Coroner. The Vacaville Police Department is interested in talking with the any additional people who were in the home at the time of the shooting. No arrests have been made at this time, said Sgt. Bob Denton.

Anyone with information about this incident is urged to call the Vacaville Police Department at 449-5200 or Detective Todd Dye at 449-5212.