Quantcast

Post your best pro-gun stories

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
That's a lovely story.
He said he saw a shadow coming from behind a partially open bedroom door and heard gunshots that he thought were aimed at him. It turned out the gunfire he heard was coming from downstairs, where officers shot two charging pit bulls.
looks like someone's going to have stay after school for another lesson in echo-location

shocktower

Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Molalla Oregon
Ok a real story why I appreciate the second amendment.

I was down fishing at the Molalla river when I came back ,and two tweakers where there eyeing my truck then ,I over hear one of them tell the other one hey lets rob this guy ,and then I pull my trusty S&W .40 cal out of my back pocket ,and set it on the rail of my truck bed ,well they changed their minds and split ,with out my pistol ,I would have been in trouble ,I might have been able to take them ,but with my pistol being seen by them ,it stopped a problem,I`am glad I have children :rant::rant: so all you antigun people out there STFU........................

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.

I was down fishing at the Molalla river when I came back ,and two tweakers where there eyeing my truck then ,I over hear one of them tell the other one hey lets rob this guy ,and then I pull my trusty S&W .40 cal out of my back pocket ,and set it on the rail of my truck bed ,well they changed their minds and split ,with out my pistol ,I would have been in trouble ,I might have been able to take them ,but with my pistol being seen by them ,it stopped a problem,I`am glad I have children :rant::rant: so all you antigun people out there STFU........................
Run on sentence much?

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF

Burt Reynolds didn't need a gun:

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I was in High School dating this chick who had a crazy thug brother. One night in a parking lot where we all cruised ( i was 16 at the time) He pulled a pistol on me & told me to stay the **** away from his sister. After a year or so we broke up after I was not too sympathetic about her thug brother being shot to death.

So 2 pros.....I didn't end up with a skank & her thug brother got his!

Monkey
Not my story but a good one.

cliff notes: 10 people in a party, two perp, seperated men from women, talked about having enough bullets for all the victims, the guy in the room with the women getting ready to rape one of the women when a guy in the other rooms gets his own gun, shoots first perp, kills the second right when his girl friend was about to be raped.

one of the women was injured in the ordeal, but I think that's better than anyone being raped then killed. Otherwise there would have been ten bodies.
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/19365762/detail.html

Last edited:

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Man if NYC didn't have strict gun control...oh wait :bonk:

The Week - June 12 said:
Good week for New York City, which was rated the safest big city in the country in new FBI crime statistics. New York's crime rate was the lowest of the 25 largest cities, and also ranked 246th on a list of 261 cities with more than 100,000 residents

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Man if NYC didn't have strict gun control...oh wait :bonk:
If only Washington DC had some, maybe it wouldn't be such a violent place. Ah, for the day...

And too bad about all those states with shall-issue CCW permit policy--such violent places.

My point is not that gun ownership equals peace...that's as silly as claiming gun control equals peace...but that the causation errors always associated with debate on this subject are nausea-inducing.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
If only Washington DC had some, maybe it wouldn't be such a violent place. Ah, for the day...

And too bad about all those states with shall-issue CCW permit policy--such violent places.

My point is not that gun ownership equals peace...that's as silly as claiming gun control equals peace...but that the causation errors always associated with debate on this subject are nausea-inducing.
The difference between DC and NYC is that the gun control in nearby areas is relatively tight around New York and relatively loose south of DC.

Ultimately, the flow of guns into DC is much higher than NY, and the banning of handguns is really unnecessary.

Probably a better law for DC is a mandatory minimum of a commission of a crime using a gun.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
I completely agree. This thread itself even - the stories are outliers. We don't live in the Wild West, an unstable region of Africa (most anyways), or the movies...

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Ask lowlight7 about the machete-wielding crackhead in his housing complex...or me about some psychos in a hotel at 3 AM in suburban VA...

Yes, violence in general is an outlier in most American life...but it's an outlier that 1) isn't entirely unthinkable or without means to mitigate and 2) carries serious consequences, so it's best to be prepared for it. (And a gun is the absolute last line of defense against violence...planning and awareness are the main factors in avoiding and deterring it...but there do come times when the **** just finds you.)

Unwarranted violence by police is an outlier, too, but we have no problem discussing that...nor should we.

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20090612/ARTICLE/906121036/2055/NEWS?Title=Target-of-Sarasota-robbery-shoots-his-assailant
Elliott Firby left the post office on Tallevast Road, where he has worked the night shift as a mail sorter for the past 13 years, and headed home on Thursday.

It was 2:45 a.m. and he was alone on the road, save for a dark pickup truck that slowed down, let Firby pass and started following him on University Parkway.

Firby was suspicious.

“Something is fixing to jump off,” he recalled thinking to himself, as he sat at a table at the Sarasota Police Department on Thursday afternoon and told the story to reporters.

The truck was still behind him when Firby pulled into his driveway on Rilma Avenue and got out to open a gate. A guy jumped out of the truck with a shotgun — politely telling Firby that he was being robbed.

“Give it up, sir,” he said.

Firby, 54, had followed recent news reports of violence in Newtown, especially a rise in shootings and a recent spate of home invasions. His wife was asleep inside the home and he was concerned that the robber might try to get to her.

About a year ago — worried about the increase in crime — Firby and his wife got concealed-weapon permits.

“You have to do something to protect yourself,” he said. “The police can’t be there all the time.”

Firby started carrying a .380-caliber pistol wherever he went, stashing it in his pocket.

As the robber approached with the shotgun, Firby went to his knees to make him think he was complying.

The shotgun was covered with a T-shirt, police say, and the robber fumbled with it.

Firby reached for his pistol and fired a round, striking the robber in the stomach.

The robber stumbled back toward the truck and Firby fired again, missing as the truck sped away.

A few hours later, officials at Sarasota Memorial Hospital called the police to say that a teenager, Brandon Ellis, 16, had showed up with a bullet wound.

Ellis just finished his junior year at Booker High School, where he played basketball and football.

He has no arrest record, police say. His injury is not life-threatening.

Detectives plan to charge him with attempted robbery when he is released from the hospital.

Late Thursday, detectives arrested Ellis’ half-brother, Cadareus Ray, on an armed robbery charge.

<snipping back story, click the link to read it>

Detectives have cleared Firby of any wrongdoing in the shooting. Florida&#8217;s &#8220;Stand Your Ground&#8221; law &#8212; which allows people to use deadly force when they face bodily harm &#8212; was a factor in the decision not to charge him.

&#8220;He was looking at dying,&#8221; said Sarasota Police Capt. Bill Spitler. &#8220;And he has every right to defend himself.&#8221;

Last edited:

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
What, you're checking my sources now? Do you have any idea how long it took me to make that all up??

Link fixed. :D

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
can i get a hell yeah!!!

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/7087082.html

Harris County deputy's son shoots one of two intruders
The teenage son of a Harris County deputy constable opened fire with his father's automatic rifle Tuesday after burglars forced their way into the family's home, authorities said.

The boy, 15, and his sister, 12, were alone about 2:30 p.m. when they heard glass breaking downstairs at the home in the 2600 block of Royal Place Court in northwest Harris County.
"He was concerned with protecting his younger sister &#8212; that's exactly what he did,&#8220; Stauber said.

The suspect who was shot -- identified as Kinzy Evans, 17, -- was struck several times by gunfire. Police said his accomplice was a 16-year-old who they would not identify because he is a juvenile.
15 year old teen..cops kid, no less, obviously trained in firearm use/safety. i love stories like this because it solidifies my belief in teaching my kids about guns/safety/self-defense.

:thumb: :thumb:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I know of 4 people I went to high school with who either died because of gun accidents or went to jail because of gun crimes. They were all worthless human beings and if it weren't for their gun related incidents they might still be among us hard working regular folk.

Jul 1, 2005
oakland, CA
i'm with westy on this one (mcwest wut up!) --
have had a handful of friends pass on from gunshots,
knew a dumbass who shoot himself in the foot trying to draw down on some
guys at a kegger (ha), but never a buddy who saved his or someone else's life from
pulling out his ****....
that said, just got back from sighting in my replacement iron's on my ar, woooo weeee
had a blast!
& got a dozen bigass mortars for tonight (no buckin in the air!), happy 4th you guys!

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
I know of 4 people I went to high school with who either died because of gun accidents or went to jail because of gun crimes. They were all worthless human beings and if it weren't for their gun related incidents they might still be among us hard working regular folk.
The founding fathers frown upon your weakness.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
Gun in pants wounds genitals
Investigators later determined that Boyce accidentally had shot himself when he pulled a handgun out of his waistband, Officer Jacob Bettin, a police spokesman, said Tuesday.

Boyce was arrested on suspicion of being a felon in possession of a firearm, carrying a concealed weapon and possessing a controlled substance.

Boyce had been wounded in January of 2009 by Andre McKesson, owner of Midwest Grillz & Jewelry at 6209 Ames Ave.

Police said McKesson was defending himself after being shot at by two of Boyce's friends during an attempted robbery. Willie Wakefield, 29, and Marcel Davis, 16, were killed in the gunfight.
talk about burying the lead

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Remembered a good one from way back.

My friend's dad heard some noise in the night, grabbed his gun and went to look. He sees this guy opening the window and starting to put his leg over the sill. So dad quietly walks across the room, puts the 12 gauge right next to the dudes bent knee and pulls the trigger. It blew the majority of his knee away. The guy was a known problem and a cop shook dads hand.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
Remembered a good one from way back.

My friend's dad heard some noise in the night, grabbed his gun and went to look. He sees this guy opening the window and starting to put his leg over the sill. So dad quietly walks across the room, puts the 12 gauge right next to the dudes bent knee and pulls the trigger. It blew the majority of his knee away. The guy was a known problem and a cop shook dads hand.
And THAT qualifies as "defense"?

(In Yogi Berra terms I guess)

Jul 1, 2005
oakland, CA
yeah, my buddy's uncle blew a guy's chest out with a .30-06,
shot him in the back from @ 20 yards as he was fleeing his house (unarmed) with maybe
$100 worth o' loot.... he got off scott free -- didnt even serve a single day.
i mean, i'm down to protect my stuff, but daaaaamn....

Last edited:

Mr Jones

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2007
Blew his chest out with an .06 at 20yds? Shoulda been a through and through especially at that range. Spine to sternum strike maybe?

Mr Jones

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2007
not sure jones,
but think it was some light frangible load...
That would make sense. Saw some before and after pics of ballistic gelatin tests using a compressed lead bullet in .308. The same one SWAT uses when they need little to no penetration at close range. MASSIVE Damage with only an inch or two of initial penetration. No distinguishable projectile remained beyond 10 inches.