Quantcast

Post Your Custom DH Rig!!!!! Do it! Do it!

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
its the custom dh bike thread..... why for any reason would you post a dj bike on it. when i had a leg brace on my leg i cruised around the dh course/ area on my cruiser... so heres my bike.

same thing right?

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
lovebunny said:
hey djp1. please just go back to the lounge
C'mon...you have a 24" wheeled DH bike twice as cool as that one...sparkly red, whitewalls and all. Post it!!

MD

Sep 9, 2004
Littleton, CO
I've said it before and ill say it again. That V-10 is the best looking one i have seen so far. Now go out and get it dirty and scratch it up a bit. Then it will look even better. Mark W- that giant looks great. I've ridden one before and was not a big fan of it. you should let us know what you think of it. The build looks sick though. I didn't realize they could be that light

Mark W

Chimp
Jan 28, 2004
Canada
AusRottenVirus said:
Mark W- that giant looks great. I've ridden one before and was not a big fan of it. you should let us know what you think of it. The build looks sick though. I didn't realize they could be that light
Thanks for the compliment. I've actually ridden the Giant DH bikes since 2002. It's been so long since I've put another bike to a real test that I can't really say anything to compare. I will say that I've never felt this bike hold me back, it just wants to be pinned.

They haven't changed dramatically over the years, so if you didn't like them before, you probably still wouldn't like them, although there have been some nice improvements. The standover on the '05s is a definate plus, and there have been some other nice tweaks that Giant has snuck in over the design's lifespan.

As for the weight, its a very specific part spec, geared more for flat pedalling courses which are the norm where I live. Stock weight was almost 46 lbs, so there were alot of changes made to get it down to sub-40. I don't think I'd use the tires/wheelset in the pic for burlier race courses. For those, the bike usually comes in at 41 lbs with a stronger tire/wheelset combo.

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
dirtjumpP.1 said:
i dont know.... im too poor to buy another bike... expecially one made of carbon
Hell, if things come together for BCD, the frames should only be around ~$2000. Thats damn cheap for something custom.

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
dirtjumpP.1 said:
come to think of it, i do too, but i do like bicycles.
And your from Spokane, you must REALLY hate hippies.

If i get a BCD, and i'm ever up in the PNW, i'll let you take it for a few runs to try and get rid of your doubts in carbon.

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
i think my hatred lies in my dislike for carbon components... ive seen the carnage.... and i simpley connected the e-dots and came to the conclusion that this is true of all carbon....

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
dirtjumpP.1 said:
i think my hatred lies in my dislike for carbon components... ive seen the carnage.... and i simpley connected the e-dots and came to the conclusion that this is true of all carbon....
So is that a round-a-bout way of admitting defeat?

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
Percy said:
Aye laddie,I was well ropable! :mad:

It wont be hard to spot,with the custom brake mount and all,and because there's only 5 in the South Island,and I know 3 of the other riders,but still,its MY BIKE and I want it back dagnabbit!! :mumble:

If it sits in a garage for months it will be too late,as soon as the insurance pays out it belongs to them and I'll have to pay to get it back.

Oh and on the subject of carbon,here's a carbon bike that as far as I know has never been broken,I know a dude who's wrecked an M1,a Foes Mono,a Keewee,and a Cannondale,but has had his Lahar for over 2 years and only had to resin up a small peice after he bashed a rock with it.

new lahar mold look sick.
i met hin at mammoth the first time
he had ever been to the USA.
he is sorda my south hem twin. :blah:

he was making wood mold then laying up over them
then breaking out the void for the rohloff.

i would like to see some more pics if you have any?

i am working on a gear box bike mabey it will be done in the fall for mammoth.