Quantcast

Post your "going big air" or road gap photo!

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
Scotty Boy

Snowshoe 2007

Snowshoe 2006 (moments before impact)

Windrock "Road Gap"

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
Maybe because you had to do 90mph on the approach just to come close to clearing it. I just remember strokin it so hard that I didn't even enjoy the out come.:biggrin:

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
Maybe because you had to do 90mph on the approach just to come close to clearing it. I just remember strokin it so hard that I didn't even enjoy the out come.:biggrin:
Dude, I had to fallow Doug in on the first time I hit it. I peddled down that hill so hard and started to run up on his wheel so I stop peddling half way down. I still made it, I don't know how? So my next few times I just did the same thing. That jump was not all that bad. I just didn't like the turn and the tree after landing it.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
You know how those are actual pictures of Kidwoo? Check his visor. Only a hucktastic goon would wear his visor that low. ;)

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
You know how those are actual pictures of Kidwoo? Check his visor. Only a hucktastic goon would wear his visor that low. ;)
I can pin it down any singletrack with the best of'em son.....aerodynamics:D This hucktastic goon will buzz your tire and shout insults at you your whole race run.
Shlt man, it's the desert. All sunny and stuff. Burns the fashion princess right out of you.

This is my favorite jump in the country.

Last time I was there, I brought a tape measure and took down all the dimensions of that lip. We built something similar recently, but with a dirt lip. I'm SOOO glad they didn't fvck that one up when they changed the xchorus line.

You got any better pics of it?

And to tie it all together.....watch my visor trick ON the egg booter

www.kidwoo.com/images/movies/visor.wmv

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
I can pin it down any singletrack with the best of'em son.....aerodynamics:D This hucktastic goon will buzz your tire and shout insults at you your whole race run.
Shlt man, it's the desert. All sunny and stuff. Burns the fashion princess right out of you.
Oh son, bah-ring IT! :blah:

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Sorry you cant really tell the size of the gap from the picture is a wide angle, but this is over a fire road in the Santa Cruz mountains. I think its 35ft+.

Another jump 28ft:

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Nah you bah ring it. You started it:D Plus there's better riding out here.

Loser has to ride visorless for a year.:rofl:
No. It has to be something that you wouldn't want to do. Going without a visor is right up your alley. However you miss the obvious hypocrite that I am. Check my visor in my avatar. :D

BTW, wanna meet me and Loonatic in Whistler next summer?

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
No. It has to be something that you wouldn't want to do. Going without a visor is right up your alley. However you miss the obvious hypocrite that I am. Check my visor in my avatar. :D

BTW, wanna meet me and Loonatic in Whistler next summer?
Jeez.....why all the hate. Nobody likes the visorless look:disgust:

;)

But yeah, I'd love to ride with you guys. The way my summer work schedule pans out, August is usually the best for me...although I've gone early september the last two years. You'll be quite impressed with my garbonzo to boneyard ratio....I promise:D

Seems less crowded after crankworx which is really the only thing I try to shoot for.

sittingduck

Turbo Monkey
Jun 22, 2007
Oregon
You got any better pics of it?
Here are a couple from westidefreeride's galleries.
http://westsidefreeride.com/v-web/gallery/Westsiders/Jason_High
http://westsidefreeride.com/v-web/gallery/Westsiders/Jon_Tweaked
There is some footage of it at about the 50 second mark in this video: http://huckit.net/phpnuke/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownloaddetails&lid=1&ttitle=P-town
And to tie it all together.....watch my visor trick ON the egg booterwww.kidwoo.com/images/movies/visor.wmv
Yikes, that scared me for a second.... you almost got bucked! Props for hitting it though, that thing is pretty scary.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Nice.....I love that line

Yikes, that scared me for a second.... you almost got bucked! Props for hitting it though, that thing is pretty scary.
I hit that thing like 20 times. Last time I was there I just rolled right into it first run. So damn fun.

It's just funny that I caught myself going blind on camera. I wasn't anywhere near getting bucked but I also couldn't see jacksh1t. You can totally see me freeze up as soon as my visor drops though.:busted:

Here's the vid I made with some of our post footage

http://kidwoo.com/images/movies/Spring Training.wmv

Aug 22, 2004
FEAR ME ^
Heres one from ages ago at my house, sorry about the terrible quality but its from a video

This was such a stupid gap, basically no landing or runout
downhill66

BIGHITR

WINNING!
Nov 14, 2007
Maryland, east coast.
I see some MAJOR doo dads in this section! MASSIVE ones! Yep, yep... when I was a kid maybe... Now, it's bills bills bills...

Sux to be old and have to worry about getting injured and not being able to go to work on monday. Whatever happened to living with mom, getting up late, dinner ready when I came home, and "magic laudry..." aaah those were the good ol' days. Going out all day, jumping this, jumping that, chasing young girls. (sigh)

Yall are in for a boring future.

Don't get married! Don't move out!
STAY AT HOME AND MOOCH OFF YOUR PARENTS FOR AS LONG AS YOU CAN!!!:)

joelsman

Turbo Monkey
Feb 1, 2002
B'ham
there was about 2 inches of snow on the ground, the landing is at the bottom right of the pic, if you look closely there are several tracks, one more clear than the others, the road gap is about 30x8ft.

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
Here's some OOOOLD ones...
28'(gap) step-up. SOOOOO fun..

MUCH smaller than it looks. This is only like 18' or something? I broke both my damn pinky fingers on the first attempt. Stuck them back in my gloves and jammed my pinkies in with my ring fingers and hit it again. Looped out like Bender and one wheeled the landing almost into the next gully. Couldn't grab the brake with my fingers like they were!

Not sure if you can see this or not... 30 footer to nose case! Uphill run in through fugging sand! The little kid that was with us made it OK, but there was no way I was able to spin fast enough to get it done.

Slater

Monkey
Oct 10, 2007

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
They said I was going about 14 meters on this one. It was like a snowboard kicker with endless tranny. I wanted to hit it faster but I was maxed out in the corner on the run in.

not that big but fun

This one was tall with a 2 meter long tranny.

The same drop from the side

This one was not that big but you had to bunny hop to clear the arm and it was too narrow between the cabin and the "elbow" of the arm so you had to trick just after all that. I hit it just after building it while the machine was still there.

France has good bikeparks....