Quantcast

Post Your Morewoods!

acair422

Monkey
Aug 20, 2003
gotta say, as whoryders cousin on the new kalula, my experience with morewood was great, richard not only answered all my questions and dealt with my anxieties about what frame to get, but he never lost patience and always made me feel as if my purchase was top priority, i'm not going to point any fingers in any directions but some companies simply don't make you feel that way, and when one is making a large investment (even if it is only large by personal and not industry standards) it feels damn good to think that your business is valued...props to morewood and crew

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
Nito... your bike looks hot, as does yours too Geritt!

When i return from Chi-town, Geritt an i will be conducting some business! :-)

Nito, Have Fun in Colorado, snap some photos!

Last edited:

Tyler Durden

Monkey
Oct 7, 2003
Paper Street
Nito... your bike looks hot, as does yours too Geritt!

When i return from Chi-town, Geritt an i will be conducting some business! :-)

Nito, Have Fun in Colorado, snap some photos!
Thanks bro ! see you @ mtn when i get back. rode today finally dialed it in, felt good, EXTRA FAST ! Nothing but STOKED on bike ! Pics updated.

Last edited by a moderator:

moreusa

Chimp
Nov 1, 2009
Fletcher NC
Come on WhoRyder...I'd like to think I had something to do with you getting on a Morewood! :)

Gotta agree Richard is the man! Great guy to do business with...an asset to the bike industry and I'm proud to call him a friend...he is Morewood in the US...no one can duplicate what he's done...he's created a family around the Morewood brand...I've personally owned over 10 different Morewoods and it has everything to do with Richard and his family! Great People...I'm with Profro...where Richard goes so goes my wallet!
I am over-whelmed by the support you guys are giving us, so Geritt and I as the owners of Morewood Bikes USA llc, owe you an explanation. We do not want this to be an airing of dirty laundry so I will keep to the basics.

In 2009 our bike sales slumped due to the huge downturn in the US market. The high-end bike market was particularly badly hit and as a result, by mid 2009, it was obvious we were carrying far too much inventory….this is not news to you who follow what has been happening in the industry. We had to reduced our orders for the rest of 2009 and requested the factory move from 12 weeks delivery to 4 weeks. This would enable us to turn our inventory more frequently and compete with the delivery schedules being offered by the big US brands. The factory was unresponsive and, in May 2010, we were advised that the factory had appointed a US based Independent Sales Rep and an additional US Distributor.

We believe we have been treated unfairly and this is an ongoing issue which still requires clarification. At this point we can say we will support our customer base to the best of our abilities and we are extremely grateful for the many emails, blogs and offerings of support we have received. Until we resolve our supply issue, we are carrying limited stock of frames, but have plenty of inventory of build kits and frame spares and we will endeavour to honor all frame warranties. We remain a shareholder in this company and so have a continued interest in its success.

We appreciate everyone’s concern and hope the situation gains clarity with time.

Richard - Morewood Bikes USA llc

Tyler Durden

Monkey
Oct 7, 2003
Paper Street
I am over-whelmed by the support you guys are giving us, so Geritt and I as the owners of Morewood Bikes USA llc, owe you an explanation. We do not want this to be an airing of dirty laundry so I will keep to the basics.

In 2009 our bike sales slumped due to the huge downturn in the US market. The high-end bike market was particularly badly hit and as a result, by mid 2009, it was obvious we were carrying far too much inventory….this is not news to you who follow what has been happening in the industry. We had to reduced our orders for the rest of 2009 and requested the factory move from 12 weeks delivery to 4 weeks. This would enable us to turn our inventory more frequently and compete with the delivery schedules being offered by the big US brands. The factory was unresponsive and, in May 2010, we were advised that the factory had appointed a US based Independent Sales Rep and an additional US Distributor.

We believe we have been treated unfairly and this is an ongoing issue which still requires clarification. At this point we can say we will support our customer base to the best of our abilities and we are extremely grateful for the many emails, blogs and offerings of support we have received. Until we resolve our supply issue, we are carrying limited stock of frames, but have plenty of inventory of build kits and frame spares and we will endeavour to honor all frame warranties. We remain a shareholder in this company and so have a continued interest in its success.

We appreciate everyone’s concern and hope the situation gains clarity with time.

Richard - Morewood Bikes USA llc
Thanks for posting Richard !!! I wish you the best and hope this gets resolved in your favor ASAP! Industry needs more people like you !

Last edited by a moderator:

chuckie

Monkey
Jul 2, 2007
Hers my Mbuzi built up for AM/ Mini DH riding

31lbs now (pedals incl)with coil Lyric U turn, prob change to Fox Talas soon

The New Nobby Nic's were a pleasant surprise at the local DH/FR track yesterday. I usually ride my makulu there and the Mbuzi was a lot of fun

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
loving the Morewoods

Last edited:

wilbuick

Chimp
Jul 25, 2010
My shova lt and st both with alfine hubs. Both use the same chain tensioner design and ride awesome. Makes a single pivot pedal just as good (if not better) as any multipivot without the complexity :thumb:

More info on how I managed to get the alfine hub into the shova lt (12x135 bolt through) on mtbr.

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?p=7059820

Attachments

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
how does the weight of the alfine affect the suspension action or is it comparable to the weight of a normal hub, cassette and derailleur?

wilbuick

Chimp
Jul 25, 2010
Dunno exactly, I don't really count grams but the bikes are light enough. The st weighs about 32" and the lt about 37" More than happy to pedal them anywhere all day which is what counts for me.

At a guess I'd say the weights are comparable, though is probably a little heavier. More than makes up for it in being able to shift without pedaling and the shifting is so smooth.

You can notice a slight weight bias towards the rear of the bike when you pick it up, but when riding it I haven't noticed it at all on the bigger bike. On the little bike it can be a bit noticeable depending on how soft you like to run your shock. I like a firmer setup so don't notice it. You definitely feel it on the little bike if you case a jump though.

You can tune out any affects the alfine hub might have on your suspension using the adjustments on your shock. If anything the suspension ramps up more in it's end of stroke. I put this down to the bungee cord that is tensioning the chain as it stretches. I'm using quite strong bungee cord at the moment, but using different strength would lessen the affects on the suspension.

supercow

Monkey
Feb 18, 2009
Ha ha...nice. Just out of curiosity, why'd you decide to go with a factory color?
Because of exactly that - factory colour.
It literally looks as if Morewood offers an ano finish. In my opinion, anything non-factory makes bikes look cheap and second hand value dips.

Besides.. I love black bikes ... my Mbuzi is next! :D

ps: for the weight weenies out there.... it saved some weight too :)

Last edited:

supercow

Monkey
Feb 18, 2009
Insane looking bike vicious, wish I could have one of those too!

ps: you need to grow yourself a handlebar moustache :)