Quantcast

Post your new V10! (or any vpp dh rig)

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
Not mine (thank goodness) but this was the design that started the VPP movement. fortunately they sold the rights to someone who could make it work. That floating brake looks real sturdy.

anyone want to take a guess what that bike could do to your nuts when it bottomed out?

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Not mine (thank goodness) but this was the design that started the VPP movement. fortunately they sold the rights to someone who could make it work. That floating brake looks real sturdy.

anyone want to take a guess what that bike could do to your nuts when it bottomed out?

I remember watching my buddy Giro Nakamura rip the linkage off the bottom bracket doing trials on his in a parking lot:busted:

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
Almost forgot: it's worth mentioning that the lower linkage ran on bushings that rotated around around 4" wide steel pins held in place by tiny little c-clips. imagine a miniature thru-axel without pinch bolts, just flimsy little, outboard mounted c-clips.

yeah, real tight and real sturdy.

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
there was an outland dh frame (the vp-9, i think) that was shown at interbike that was pretty cool at the time. i don't know if any made it into production (anybody have pix?). The owner of the shop I used to work at knew the designer @ outland (james klassen), and had a chance to check out their shop in bellingham back in the day. some pretty cool stuff going on in there (no idea what he's doing now. i saw he had some patents on a rotary engine design). interesting tidbit: prior to the sc/intense deal, apparently he was in discussion with rocky mountain re: the sale of the vpp design. alas the $$ offered wasn't adequate, and the rest is history.