Quantcast

Post your other rides!

alexrex20

Chimp
Jun 25, 2010
Spring TX
i guess i shouldn't be surprised that this forum is populated by a bunch of crybabies. it is, after all a forum targeted to downhill bikers.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
funny, no one has a problem with anyone else but you.
:thumb:

and why are you in here if you hate 'downhillers' so much, go jerk off to some cj5's elsewhere...we were just hanging out talking about cars...

ahhh...it's happy hour aaaaand im on my way to whistler...good day...

Jan 20, 2008
Santa Rosa
It sure is! non of that automatic crap! :rockout:

I have done the m50 manifold conversion and it came with bilstein and h&r.

Im planning on doing pulleys, exhaust and eventually later on a supercharger! :thumb: But thats in like 5 years lol.
Nice! For now I am just doing a bunch of preventative maintenance. Its going to be new Vanos unit/valve cover gasket, new Bilstein front struts, motor mounts. I just got new front tires yesterday also. Running the normal staggered 245r 235f hancook ventus hr2's. I have a lot of plans for my car, but it is going to be $$$.:thumb:

Apr 16, 2005
Charlotte, NC
Nice! For now I am just doing a bunch of preventative maintenance. Its going to be new Vanos unit/valve cover gasket, new Bilstein front struts, motor mounts. I just got new front tires yesterday also. Running the normal staggered 245r 235f hancook ventus hr2's. I have a lot of plans for my car, but it is going to be $$$.:thumb:
Yeah that's always a good start! I need to start thinking on doing the same thing.

Thats awesome your car was transformed into an m3. So do you have the stock 325 subframe parts like brakes, shocks, and diff or is it the whole deal??

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Nice! I just got rid of my DRZ 400SM (with Marchesinis and some other stuff) since I was too much of a dumbass riding it on the street. It was a super fun bike and I regret getting rid of it, looking at picking up something else now...Enjoy it!

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin
I have a pretty decently clean 81 242 that I rally around in while I save up for something faster/nicer...hoping for an older Porsche, maybe I'll settle with a BMW though :D

Man, you ought to swop that thing for a Merc 123 of about the same age, they're soo much better put together, the feel of the materials, and ride like the Millennium Falcon. From 82 onwards (i think) they all come with turbo diesel and are really nice cruisers.

Like this one (i really fine example but not my favored ext/int colours):
http://www.curiouscars.com/car_pages/1982_mercedes_benz_300_td_02.htm

or this:
http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=89234&d=1161689752

Attachments

Soltan

Chimp
Jan 27, 2009
Lublin, Poland
ehmm... my first post and probably smallest car in this topic :

Fiat Cinquecento '97
704cc, flat-twin engine, 31 hp
0-100kmh ~ half minute :)

Earlier I had Fiat 125p like this one, but my cousin managed to seize up the engine (and destroy to destroy transmission with the drive shaft )

KleinGuy

Chimp
Mar 5, 2010
Guyton, GA
ehmm... my first post and probably smallest car in this topic :

Fiat Cinquecento '97
704cc, flat-twin engine, 31 hp
0-100kmh ~ half minute :)

Earlier I had Fiat 125p like this one, but my cousin managed to seize up the engine (and destroy to destroy transmission with the drive shaft )
We're close! I have a 1988 Ford Festiva.

1.3L, carbed, Optional 5 speed, 63 HP, only 11 feet long, ha. The worst part is getting tires for those 12 inch wheels now.

These are the only pics I have on this computer

Jan 20, 2008
Santa Rosa
Yeah that's always a good start! I need to start thinking on doing the same thing.

Thats awesome your car was transformed into an m3. So do you have the stock 325 subframe parts like brakes, shocks, and diff or is it the whole deal??
oh no, this one is a real m3, I had to back down from the conversion because the guy did not have the title in time. He had just bought the car and was going to turn it in to a track car and then lost his job. So I bought a real ///M instead:thumb:

Victor

Chimp
Jan 31, 2010
Arad, Romania
Not enough Scooby's around so here's mine also :D
Bike-s go on a rear rack, and in the back of the picture is a ski resort where some contest was held, and no I hadn't received my bike yet because it was stuck at Heathrow in London :)

Attachments

captainspauldin

intrigued by a pole
May 14, 2007
Jersey Shore
Stoked on my new whip, figured it'd be a good excuse to revive this thread from the dead. I'd love to get the 2" class 2/3 hitch, that integrates perfectly into the rear diffuser, but I would have to import it from australia :( The class 1 hitch sits stupid low and looks like crap. so roof rack most likely..

Attachments

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Stoked on my new whip, figured it'd be a good excuse to revive this thread from the dead. I'd love to get the 2" class 2/3 hitch, that integrates perfectly into the rear diffuser, but I would have to import it from australia :( The class 1 hitch sits stupid low and looks like crap. so roof rack most likely..
isnt that pretty involved when using a class 2/3 on the Monaro/G8?

sweet car btw. which engine is it? that was the nicest car Pontiac has made in a real long time

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
It's one of the few US cars I don't find retarded. I can even live with the crap interior build quality for their engines.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
its not a US car. and the interior was actually one of the nicest that GM built IMO.
So it's built by Holden or by Pontiac?

Also pictures give me nothing. The problem I allways had with cars made for the US market (US mercs too) is that they might have look nice but the plastic/leather/all other crap quality was noticably worse than their european counterparts. The fitting was also worse and it often made for a loud interior.

I've got to agree though it looks mint. I assume there is an option to run a normal transmission? Automatic on a car with that kind of torque is silly. Especially if you tend to visit the mountains.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now

I've got to agree though it looks mint. I assume there is an option to run a normal transmission? Automatic on a car with that kind of torque is silly. Especially if you tend to visit the mountains.
its built by Holden for Pontiac. its essentially a rebadged Commodore. just like the GTO was a rebadged Holden/Vauxhall Monaro
since it wasnt a American built car, IMO, the interior was/is much better then the crap they made during the time the GTO/G8 was around.
and yes, it came with a 6speed

captainspauldin

intrigued by a pole
May 14, 2007
Jersey Shore
isnt that pretty involved when using a class 2/3 on the Monaro/G8?

sweet car btw. which engine is it? that was the nicest car Pontiac has made in a real long time
There's more attachment points from what I've read and you basically have to cut a hole in the rear diffuser(GXP rear diffuser actually has a cutout for it) for the hitch to stick out (hitch actually sits almost flush w/the diffuser b/c of the bigger USDM bumpers)

Class1:

Class 2(couldn't find the picture of the GXP rear diffuser, that's the same as the G8 GT diffuser):

LS76 6.0L V8, basically the little brother of the 6.3L LS3..

norbar said:
It's one of the few US cars I don't find retarded. I can even live with the crap interior build quality for their engines.
It's actually quite a nice step up from my crap subaru interior(newer ones look better, but I hated the interior in my '06).. but yeah close the glovebox or the doors and you can hear/feel that wonderful US/Australian quality.

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis

Also pictures give me nothing. The problem I allways had with cars made for the US market (US mercs too) is that they might have look nice but the plastic/leather/all other crap quality was noticably worse than their european counterparts. The fitting was also worse and it often made for a loud interior.
I agree GM sucks since they love to use the one time metal clips everywhere that if you live where it get really cold, Like me, every things starts to rattle.

And rattle my truck does. :rant:

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
its built by Holden for Pontiac. its essentially a rebadged Commodore. just like the GTO was a rebadged Holden/Vauxhall Monaro
since it wasnt a American built car, IMO, the interior was/is much better then the crap they made during the time the GTO/G8 was around.
and yes, it came with a 6speed
I must say I'm really interested. I allways thought to get a holden you must be prepared to spend extra cash on moving the steering wheel in its proper place but since the US isn't upside down I assume it's already done. Seems like a great car.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
I must say I'm really interested. I allways thought to get a holden you must be prepared to spend extra cash on moving the steering wheel in its proper place but since the US isn't upside down I assume it's already done. Seems like a great car.
you can get them at a relatively good price here too.
they really need to bring the Ute to America and just call it a El Camino like they originally planned.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
you can get them at a relatively good price here too.
they really need to bring the Ute to America and just call it a El Camino like they originally planned.
The only quarrel I have with ute is how much weight is over the rear axle. Most RWD pickups are really scary to drive fast without a cement block in the rear. Still I'd want one.

captainspauldin

intrigued by a pole
May 14, 2007
Jersey Shore
yeah, not too keen on having somebody cut up a hitch and re-mount it.. I'm sure it's safe and all, I'd rather just bolt something up and forget about it.

But yeah, like IH8Rice mentioned it's a Left hand drive/rebadged Holden Commodore/Vauxhall VXR8/Chevy Lumina SS(in RSA).. Interior layout has some quirks b/c of the RHD to LHD conversion, but overall so far so good.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
The only quarrel I have with ute is how much weight is over the rear axle. Most RWD pickups are really scary to drive fast without a cement block in the rear. Still I'd want one.
with proper tires, it isnt a issue.
my truck has 400+lb-ft of tq and i have no problem getting traction with Pilot Sport PS2's. stock tires were scary though