Post your project car!

worship_mud

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2006
finished the work on the frame...

before....

... and after

and in between...

disassemble (again) and off to paint the frame...

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Have an O2 sensor issue I'm trying to work out but then I can get her inspected.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

Originally bought it to cut up for the truck project (engine, trans, suspension, brakes, etc), but after driving it I decided to keep it. Then I was looking at some stuff and it's now become a partial project.

I am pulling the LT1 and 4L60E trans for the truck and installing a LS/T56 combo. The numbers are pretty incredible.

Stock '94 Corvette:
300HP, 3200lbs, 53/47 ftront/rear weight distribution.

Replace the LT1 with an LS3:
430HP, 3000lbs, 49/51 front/rear weight distribution.

Little more power, little less nose heavy, much more reliable powerplant. If I upgrade the rear axle, than the C4 IRS goes into the truck after all.

<edit> It's a sleeper now, but with a little more power to spare, it could get crazy.

Last edited:

worship_mud

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2006

.... and everything off again...
F I NA L L Y the wiring is seeing some progress and the new (and still unpainted), homemade muffler bracket...

insanitylevel9

triple nubby
Jan 7, 2011
hopkinton ma
trying to find a pic of my dads 1972 lt-1 vet that i have been working on with him. but for what its worth here is a picture of his last one, the current one is a white rag top. its basically a gigantic go cart, no power steering no power breaks.

worship_mud

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2006
some more "artsy" photos...

.... and we have an ignition spark, which is a huge relief.

Last edited:

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
All your dollars belong to us

26' 1969 Lyman Offshore; 318 Chrysler inboard; 100% wood.

IMG_0447.JPG

worship_mud

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2006
that motor sounds like a dragster engine! :D
haven' thought about the next projekt, just want to spend this summer on the bike and ride it like i stole it! hopefully just filling fuel and changing oil.... :D an xs is tempting, parts are available and it's a rather simple design with lots of possibilities and bit more power. but i still got the xjr 1200 lurking in the garage... air-cooled inline four with carbs and a steel frame... :D :D

dan-o: wow. just wow.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Dude. I *wooden* boat?!? :dead:
I do all the repairs/maintenance myself so the upkeep is manageable and I enjoy the work.
After 10 years of ownership, it's basically just painting and chasing wood rot; which is what I do for a living anyway.
Our annual boating costs are probably on par with your family skiing budget.

The bonus is that I can avoid 99% of the population the second we're on the water; we usually just head to a local island to swim/picnic/fish in solitude. The Atlantic is 300 yards from my house so there's ample opportunity to use it, too.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I do all the repairs/maintenance myself so the upkeep is manageable and I enjoy the work.
After 10 years of ownership, it's basically just painting and chasing wood rot; which is what I do for a living anyway.
Our annual boating costs are probably on par with your family skiing budget.

The bonus is that I can avoid 99% of the population the second we're on the water; we usually just head to a local island to swim/picnic/fish in solitude. The Atlantic is 300 yards from my house so there's ample opportunity to use it, too.
Heh. You don't have to justify your pursuit of pleasure to me, man. As you pointed out, I'm a fvckin' skier for God's sake... which is the epitome of lighting hundreds on fire. Sure is fun, though. :D

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
I'm a fvckin' skier for God's sake... which is the epitome of lighting hundreds on fire. Sure is fun, though. :D
My kids and wife have rekindled that money pit as of this year. Plus my oldest is hooked on DH'ing now.
Throw another stack on the fire. We will die broke but without a bucket-list, the way life is intended.

IMG_0591.JPG

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
New project- my old man's 1985 Ford F150 (straight 6) manual 4x4. It's been sitting in a field at my Mom's since he passed away back in Sep 2002 and it really wasn't driven much after his stroke in 1999 - 191K miles on it. So far I've changed all the fluids, flushed the cooling system, new battery/belts/hoses/filters/plugs & wires, replaced the solenoid, rotor, cap & alternator, and replaced the ignition coil pigtail. She runs awesome. I need to find a tailgate for her and clean up the interior and fix the horn & wipers. It's an old school man's truck; no electronics, no radio, no air conditioning, no cruise control and a 70's/80's steering wheel the diameter of a pencil. It's solid, parts are shockingly cheap and easy to work on since you can climb into the engine bay.

Last edited:

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
I love the old Ford! Some day I want to get my hands on an old boxy super duty power stroke 4x4

Here's my Beemer

2000 323i stick with sport package and xenon lamps, 133k. Needs some minor work

worship_mud

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2006
done! bike is roadlegal and will be ridden all summer. after that... we'll see... :D thx for your patience and support!