Quantcast

Post your project car!

TrumbullHucker

trumbullruxer
Aug 29, 2005
shimzbury, ct
02 volvo v40.. stage 0.5
lowered on ksport coilovers.. manual boost controller.. k&n filter..red top fuel injectors
(which is my daily driver)

this is my project car
96 855R ( for those who know volvo R's )

once spooled up, the thing pulls like a friggen beast

Last edited:

Droptopchevy

Monkey
Jan 1, 2009
Morrisville, PA
I picked this up last summer. It hadn't seen a road since 96'. The fuel tank was eating away at itself, the battery ate away at the firewall, but I had it running the same day that I towed it home. Some welding here and there and it will be road worthy.

I consider all of my cars projects, but the Merkur has been taking up the most of my time recently.

atrokz

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2002
teedotohdot
02 volvo v40.. stage 0.5
lowered on ksport coilovers.. manual boost controller.. k&n filter..red top fuel injectors

this is my project car

Cool with the 855R. I've had:

854R with 18t, chipped, konis, the whole 9 yards. 300whp car
850 NA. was my dd for a few years
245 from 91. Sold it before I did anything to it. Regret it
745T, modded slightly.

and now a 1991 945SE:

15g
NPR intercooler
400cc injectors
TLAO chips
IPD cam
IPD cam gear
MBC set at 14 psi
just a muffler
VTA PCV system
531 head ported and polished
bigger coil
decent stage 0

BBS rc090 wheels (17 x 8)
BBS "multi x" winters (15 x 7)
Eurosport lowering springs
Tokico HP struts, KYB gas rears
IPD upper and lower chassis brace
IPD sways with poly bushings
V70 rear brakes
G80

Dirty as F

Not done tuning it. need to do accumulator mod and actually running quite rich right now which I need to adjust when I get the time, but it dusts mazdaspeed 3's, E36 M3s, STIs, and pretty much every 'sports car' some dude spent 40k on thinking he's the shiznit. Kinda funny to see faces when a 91 Volvo wagon lights up the rears and leaves them.

all for 5k and my own sweat and tears.

B230's are awesome..... If you don't mind 20mpg. One guy on TB showed dyno vids and results of a B230ft with stock internals running a big turbo (and that's pretty much it) and put over 600bhp on the dyno. There are 2 redblocks in the 5 fastest 4 cyls in the world, but I'm just looking for about 250whp which would make a 3000lb wagon a low 13 second wagon. Plenty for a DD

Last edited:

ButtersNZ

Monkey
Jun 6, 2013
Track day in the Corolla, testing out some new coils to see if it's fixed a misfire. It did, however I cracked both front rotors (OEM, race pads).

This little thing boogies!
7AGTE (TD05H), LSD, R888 semi slicks, coilover suspension.

MRP Billet T3/4 Turbonetics turbo and race cams going in it next.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I lost my lust for cars a long time ago but I've seen a few classic Volvos around here that make my trousers fit a little tight.

Maybe if I ever get a job again.
Forgot I posted this. I eventually got a job and picked up a few old Volvos.

Got a 122 '66 wagon this winter. Body was good but the rest of the car was a basket case. After a lot of work it is now a fun daily driver (unless it is too hot or raining). Drove it to work over a steep mountain pass daily back when I actually had to drive to work. This thing is so fun and easy to work on. I really want a vintage full length roof rack, hard to come by. May try making my own. Been brushing up on my welding skills.

Just picked up a '69 142. Originally intended as a parts car for the high backed seats, 4 wheel disks and a re-buildable B20. Managed to take it from "not running" to a pretty strong runner with little more than a tune up and same spare parts from the '66. It actually pulls pretty hard and handles rather well. It needs some basic rust repair that is well within my abilities. The paint job is super ratty so I have no fears of screwing it up. I will probably end up keeping it and driving the **** out of it.

Edit: A few better pics of the wagon

Scored some vintage rally lights on e-bay.

Last edited:

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
Thanks. FIgured you'd like it a tad since it's a VW.
It's funny. Nobody around here calls them fatty's or fat chicks. Too many people with fat wives that'll feel bad.

Blown240

Monkey
Nov 19, 2013
I'm surprised to see so many Volvos here. I used to be on Turbobricks. Here is my old 240:

Now I'm working on this:

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Man Wagon!
02 volvo v40.. stage 0.5

this is my project car

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Love the Amazon.
Forgot I posted this. I eventually got a job and picked up a few old Volvos.

Got a 122 '66 wagon this winter. Body was good but the rest of the car was a basket case. After a lot of work it is now a fun daily driver (unless it is too hot or raining). Drove it to work over a steep mountain pass daily back when I actually had to drive to work. This thing is so fun and easy to work on. I really want a vintage full length roof rack, hard to come by. May try making my own. Been brushing up on my welding skills.

Just picked up a '69 142. Originally intended as a parts car for the high backed seats, 4 wheel disks and a re-buildable B20. Managed to take it from "not running" to a pretty strong runner with little more than a tune up and same spare parts from the '66. It actually pulls pretty hard and handles rather well. It needs some basic rust repair that is well within my abilities. The paint job is super ratty so I have no fears of screwing it up. I will probably end up keeping it and driving the **** out of it.

Edit: A few better pics of the wagon

Scored some vintage rally lights on e-bay.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Built a bike rack for the old wagon.

1. Scored some super cheap aluminium towers sans clamps from ebay.
  2. Purchased missing clamps from NRS
  3. added some aluminium cross members from McMaster Carr
  4. polish and clear coat aluminium bits
  5. welded some brackets to the remains of a T2 that got trashed when rear ended by a semi.
  6. ********
  7. Rally
  8. No profit, but spent chump change compared to a new rack.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Westy I'm a big volvo fan myself love your cars. You should get this one

Bertone? Not really my style, not to mention the Renault V6.

Wouldn't mind an old school 164. Generally I prefer the pre '73 cars for their simplicity. Although never powerful they were still lightweight and fun to drive. A turbocharged 242 is lustworthy but just too complicated. One should never underestimate the joys or working in an engine bay 3X the size of the engine.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
Hellafornia. Formerly stumptown.
IMG_4443.JPG IMG_4484.JPG

latest toy. at magnaflow getting new exhaust from downpipes back. Will soon get interior re-skin and motor rebuild.

I'll be turning in my jetta lease soon, gonna let my lady drive my passat tdi and looking to grab a 76-79 rabbit again. Really want a clean single round car I can swap either a 16V or 20V 5cyl into

Last edited:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Finally got a set of Weber DCOEs running nicely on the Volvo 142. That little car is turning out to be pretty quick.

Ported 10.5:1 compression cylinder head with larger valves
Isky VV71 cam
2.5" under axle exhaust with two glass pack mufflers
Two Weber DCOE 45s

The intake noise gives me a semi

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Not too bad. Lost maybe 1/2 mpg over stock. These are 285-70-17s which is roughly a 33" tire. I had 265s on before and haven't really noticed any change from those. Did notice the small drop when I went from stock to the 265s though. It's lifted 2" in front with Bilstein 5100s. One of the best vehicles I've owned.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Finally got a set of Weber DCOEs running nicely on the Volvo 142. That little car is turning out to be pretty quick.

Ported 10.5:1 compression cylinder head with larger valves
Isky VV71 cam
2.5" under axle exhaust with two glass pack mufflers
Two Weber DCOE 45s

The intake noise gives me a semi

your carbon footprint sounds awesome.