Quantcast

Post your project car!

CastleMaster

Monkey
Jan 11, 2010
Upper Newport Bay
Well the last motor blew up in my Evo chop, so I pulled it all apart for paint while I was shopping for a new one. It's finally all back together and should fire up this weekend (if all goes as planned).

New motor:

New paint:

Just about there!

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
take both bikes to the born free show.

Last edited:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Well I loaded the camper back up and took the rig, all 13,000 pounds of it out for a spin. It drove like a heave truck as expected but it went where I pointed it with no steering slop and no front end wandering. So far it was worth the up grade

so far I have replaced, Turbo, EGR, all 4 rotors, one front caliper, Y pipe on the exhaust, Front Tie Rods, Steering Gear Box and Pittman arm. Wheels, and two fuel pressure sensors, upper and lower ball joints, steering stabilizer, front and rear anti sway bars, added airbags, Front hitch, heavy duty rear hitch, 200 watts of solar panels.

Last edited:

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Whoah.
LOVE the tank.

Well the last motor blew up in my Evo chop, so I pulled it all apart for paint while I was shopping for a new one. It's finally all back together and should fire up this weekend (if all goes as planned).

New motor:

New paint:

Just about there!

Droptopchevy

Monkey
Jan 1, 2009
Morrisville, PA
I've only seen one other B5 passat 2.7T swap. that'll be a fun toy if/when its all sorted.
I hope. It needs a clutch and the comfort control module went scuba diving so I have to find out where the water is getting in. It starts up and runs very nice. No check engine light thankfully.

Yup. I really liked that car. Very simple and fun to drive. It need some rust repair and the guibo on the driveshaft was going. I picked it up as a car that sat for 18 years and it wasn't running. I plan on getting another one someday. 5 cars was just too many.

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
Hellafornia. Formerly stumptown.
I hope. It needs a clutch and the comfort control module went scuba diving so I have to find out where the water is getting in. It starts up and runs very nice. No check engine light thankfully.
My guess is the passenger side sunroof drain. I think the CCM is in the passenger footwell in those cars. That was/has always been an issue with those cars.

I assume that car was originally syncro or haldex or whatever VW called the B5 AWD cars. If not i bet that car will move out once rolling.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
01da4066b96f0dcdfcd14f5b6c08da774f6e3bb7a1.jpg

I got this back last fall for the winter (C320, AWD). Needed lots of little stuff.
Front right seat was missing the fore-aft seat motor and jammed full forward, after not finding the motor anywhere, I ordered a L/H lower seat frame w/motor from ebay, then reversed the seat motor bracket and installed it on the R/H lower seat frame, which wasn't an exact replacement, as the bracket was slightly different, but it still fit in and works perfectly. I had to slowly "unwind" the seat by taking the seat-pan out and getting at it from above, to move it rearward, only then could I remove the heavy seat and do all the stuff above with the motor/frame. This was a huge job.

Replaced the L/H power window control. Got the M-emblem for the grille. New front brake rotors. Studded tires. New battery. Made a new wheel-well panel out of a trash-can (cut to fit). Replaced a few lights.

The defroster/ventilation did go out recently, so I had to bring it to the shop for that, I wasn't going to take apart the whole dash, crazy big job and I'd probably take me a few weeks. Little actuator arms open and close to control the venting and they went bad, so got that all rebuilt at the shop.

Ran awesome all winter, virtually unstoppable in the snow and ice. Selling it now as it's no longer winter.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Thanks bud. :thumb:

This may be of interest to you guys too... a friend and I are building a turbocharged '85 RZ350 (water cooled two stroke) to run at Bonneville this year (provided we have it done in time).

Oh, I love it. Those bikes are insane stock, couldn't imagine a turbo setup. There was an old guy in Medford who had 2 of them. One was Kenny Roberts yellow, he wouldn't part with either of them. He showed me them when he saw my yellow 50th anniversary R1.