Quantcast

Post your single crown DH/FR beauties!

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
With single crowns coming along the way they are we know what the few singles look like but we dont know what they look like on different rigs so I figured we should start one. Single crowns are gaining a place in DH maybe not all events/locations but a growing # of spots can now be ridden with the technology coming along. I raced mine at nationals last week 3 days total and it was flawless.
So this thread can give others what the builds look like, as we have all seen most with dual crowns.
I would have thought mine to be UGLY but it actually turned out pretty slick and rides like a dream.

Canfield F1 (38lbs)
66 RC3

Aired out going into a dusty berm at nationals. (with a sprained ankle from moments before)

FOXROX

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
hambur,nj
With single crowns coming along the way they are we know what the few singles look like but we dont know what they look like on different rigs so I figured we should start one. Single crowns are gaining a place in DH maybe not all events/locations but a growing # of spots can now be ridden with the technology coming along. I raced mine at nationals last week 3 days total and it was flawless.
So this thread can give others what the builds look like, as we have all seen most with dual crowns.
I would have thought mine to be UGLY but it actually turned out pretty slick and rides like a dream.

Canfield F1 (38lbs)
66 RC3

:shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked:

how long does it take to get a canfeild?

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
well, since i haven't posted pictures of it in awhile i guess i dont feel bad about it.

but no glam shots, bikes are not women

changes from stock running pimp 32 Front, codes, minions, wider bars of some sort by raceface or something, and probably some other parts that i've forgotten about or something. I like it.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
:shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked:

how long does it take to get a canfeild?
I think they still have F1's on hand and the Jedis are supposed to ship in 2 weeks. Can diggles are on the way now.

BTW: This thing ROCKS as far as feel and riding, STUPID stable and easy to flick around. Wish Id built the med with a single earlier, way too much fun + it rocks on the 4x track and boosts doubles really well. (obviousley not like a 4" 4x or HT in the track but better than a F1 with a 888 :D)

FOXROX

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
hambur,nj
I think they still have F1's on hand and the Jedis are supposed to ship in 2 weeks. Can diggles are on the way now.

BTW: This thing ROCKS as far as feel and riding, STUPID stable and easy to flick around. Wish Id built the med with a single earlier, way too much fun + it rocks on the 4x track and boosts doubles really well. (obviousley not like a 4" 4x or HT in the track but better than a F1 with a 888 :D)
how much was the frame?

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
how much was the frame?
$2499 new
I bought it used from Jerry iridebikes originally then bought a new white on from the brothers as well. My white one is a large and this is a medium, thats part of the reason I decided to slap a 66rc3 on it. Make it all freeride/DH oriented.
Once in a blue moon a used one will come up, not very often as they are limited in production to 100 or something like that.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
I need to get good in Photoshop so I can have a dust trail too! :D
Thats a cool bonus to the pic, looks sweet.
BTW: BULLITS ROCK!!!!!!! Glad to see them in action again, had a 01 and a 04.
Hahaha, if it was photoshop I'd be about 8 feet higher off the ground! I agree, that dust trail came out great. And yeah, love that bike.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
Older pic but here is my Morewood Shava LT. Lots of upgrades since this pic was taken. I plan to post a 6 month review on the bike soon with newer pics.

Few bike shots:

Few Action shots:

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Older pic but here is my Morewood Shava LT. Lots of upgrades since this pic was taken. I plan to post a 6 month review on the bike soon with newer pics.

Few bike shots:
best of the bunch.. :clapping:

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
I've seen Kovarik race his M3 from time to time with a SC Travis.
I hadnt seen it that way! I saw the new dorado and the travis but not a single crown at fontucky!
Yeah I talked to him about running single crown and he and Claire were really cool about it. Said it'll turn a bit tighter but over all should be fine. That was one of the deciding factors to race it and Im glad I did.
BTW: Kovarik and the guys have skills, they have been building jumps behind my house on the little nasty trail. I was wondering who till I realized who lived in my neighborhood (team mngr jeff from Iron Horse) so all the boys come here to play JD, Kovark (girls too) claire, fairclough, etc.... Either 200 yards from my house or 15 mihutes away! Kinda nice to have talent like that here building.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
best of the bunch.. :clapping:
Thanks man. It is a great bike!!! In this pic it was 36lbs and now is about 37esh with the Coil shock and Ti spring I put on it. Adding about another .35lbs to it Friday when I put a Hopey Steering Damper on her. Will help make the Totem shine and feel more like a TC in the rough stuff.