Quantcast

Post your Ski-bikes

crazybiker300

Monkey
Sep 20, 2005
So i just finished mine a few days ago, and i want to see the other setups people are running. ill new pics of mine up soon, but lets see some of your winter downhill rigs.(its gotta have skis, i think most of us have seen bikes with studded tires)

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
I got it on ebay. It's an SS 15". I know someone who anodizes, so if I can later, I will get it anodized blue or orange. I think orange w/ blue parts would be cool.

Before I got the frame, I was trying to get an idea of what it would look like.

crazybiker300

Monkey
Sep 20, 2005

depending on how daring i get on it i have a older z1 dropoff i may put on for "barspins" but i suck at street/park stuff so its unlikely
metal supports are also a soon thing

deweydude

Monkey
Mar 23, 2005
Washougal Washington
Hey this is a great thread :love:

Its great to see some of you guys getting into this.
You have all seen my bike and this damn forum won't let you post up pics more than once. but here is a link to see my bike againhttp://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130877

you guys got much snow yet? the mountains here are getting dumped on as we speak:dancing: and I will prob be making another trip up this weekend. enjoy guys and be sure to post-up when you get them in the snow!
DUANE

Feb 13, 2002
Seattle, WA
how come these thangs have the footpads so far over the back "wheel"? I watched the video on the site and they kept landing jumps in manuals. It would be like trying to hit a jump on your BMX while standing on the rear pegs. :dead:

JordyRaveShow said:

these are hella fun in pow pow

deweydude

Monkey
Mar 23, 2005
Washougal Washington
crazybiker300 said:

depending on how daring i get on it i have a older z1 dropoff i may put on for "barspins" but i suck at street/park stuff so its unlikely
metal supports are also a soon thing

Don't forget to use some sort of ski' retention to keep your ski's flat when airing that thing out if you don't the 1st time you spike a ski in the snow on a landing you'll know why I say this:help: :eek: Thats what the bungees on my bike are for and the Xbike mounts use sprung axles to keep the ski's level

Don't post to it but check this old Mtbr thread for good info on building the mounts and use of the bungees for leveling your ski's I have also changed the length of my ski's this year to 109cm for a total bike length of 7 1/2 feet and it works much better in deep powder and is so friggen fast

deweydude

Monkey
Mar 23, 2005
Washougal Washington
Fury said:
When Ontario resorts allow those I will return to the slopes.

How far away from Mount Baker are you? And ther are several resorts in Alberta allowing them

State Resort & Details
Alberta, Canada Nakiska Ski Resort - Host to the 1988 Calgary Winter Olympics, Namiska is world class, and allows ski-bikes.

Alberta, Canada Lake Louise Ski Resort - Consistently voted one of the top ski resorts in North America, Lake Louise allows ski-bikes.

Alberta, Canada Sunridge Ski Area - A resort in Edmonton with a dedicated snow-tube park.

Alberta, Canada Wintergreen Ski and Golf Resort - Just 30 minutes west of Calgary, Wintergreen allows ski-bikes.

Alberta, Canada Sunshine Village - A Banff resort that's open to ski-bikes.

Alberta, Canada Fortress Mountain - Located an hour and fifteen minutes west of Calgary, Fortress offers wide-open trails, a relaxed atmosphere and plenty of room for ski-biking.

British Columbia, Canada Phoenix Mountain - A small resort near Grand Forks that allows ski-bikes.

California Sierra-at-Tahoe Ski Resort - - Sierra-at-Tahoe SnowSport Resort is located 12 miles west of South Lake Tahoe, California, and offers 2,000 acres of trail and tree skiing, snowboarding and snowbikes.

California • Dodge Ridge Skiing and Snowboarding - Located in Northern California's High Sierra mountains.

California Boreal Mountain Resort - Lake Tahoe California/Nevada - Boreal now rents the monotrac skibike.

California Northstar at Tahoe - Northstar at Tahoe, CA -One of Lake Tahoe’s family destination resorts

Colorado Arapahoe Basin - Arapahoe Basin offers the highest skiable terrain in North America.

Colorado Durango Mountain Resort - One of the Ski-Bike friendliest resorts around. We love them!

Colorado Buttermilk - Another ski resort in the Aspen area opening up to skibobs.

Colorado Copper Mountain - Copper Mountain is the largest ski area in Summit County, Colorado with over 2,400 acres.

Colorado Vail - Vail offers something unique: A guided tour at night using headlamps.

Colorado Telluride - allows ski-bikes

Connecticut Woodbury Ski Area - Resort in Connecticut that rents ski-bikes.

Manitoba, Canada Holiday Mountain - A resort in Manitoba that allows ski-biking.

Maryland Ski Wisp - a ski resort in MD that allows ski-bikes

Massachusetts Wachusett Mountain - Ski-bikes allowed on weekdays.

Montana Showdown - Ski resort in Monatana that also sells Brenter snowbikes/skibobs

Montana Blacktail Mountain Ski Area - Montana's Newest Ski Area

Montana Turner Mountain - Ski Magazine says, “The best lift assisted powder skiing in the U.S.”

Montana Big Mountain Ski & Summer Resort - Ski Resort in Whitefish, Montana that allows skibobs/snowbikes, and started renting them this year.

New Hampshire King Pine Resort - Family-owned resort in New Hampshire that allows ski-biking.

New Hampshire Loon Mountain Ski Resort - Located in Lincoln, NH. Offerings include skiing, snowboarding, cross-country skiing, ski-biking, tubing and horseback riding.

New Hampshire Waterville Valley Ski Resort - Ski-bike rental available.

New Hampshire Crotched Mountain Resort - a small place in NH that allows the bikes

New Hampshire Cranmore - Another Booth Creek Resort in the New England area which allows ski-bikes.

New Mexico Angel Fire Ski Resort - Ski resort in New Mexico which has undergone some major changes and rents skibobs.

New Mexico · Sipapu Ski and Summer Resort, New Mexico - Sipapu Ski and Summer Resort is a year round family FUN paradise. Family owned and operated since 1952.

Rhode Island Yawgoo Valley - A ski-bike and snow-toy friendly resort.

Utah Brian Head Resort - Utah - Affordable Family Fun - Skiing, Snowboarding, Snotubing, Mountain Biking and More.

Utah Snowbird Ski and Summer Resort - Snowbird - for people with a passion for skiing and riding.

Washington Summit-at-Snoqualmie - Ski resort with four different places to start from.

Washington Mt. Baker Ski Area - Riders in Washington State need no introduction to Mt. Baker, which has allowed ski-bikes for years.

Wyoming Grand Targhee Ski Resort - Grand Targhee is a full-service, year-round resort in the heart of the Teton Mountains.

Source: American Ski-Bike Association. While this information is regularly updated, it's always a good idea to contact your destination resort to confirm permissible snow toys prior to your trip. Have fun!

aggrorider

Monkey
Sep 20, 2005
crazybiker300 said:
first of all, your dads making em not you. second if you wont make em ill get the winter x ones
You ****tin' me? I'll be cutting every thing out and bending the metal. He's only there to weld. He's got other things he needs to get done there too when we go.

crazybiker300

Monkey
Sep 20, 2005
deweydude said:
Don't forget to use some sort of ski' retention to keep your ski's flat when airing that thing out if you don't the 1st time you spike a ski in the snow on a landing you'll know why I say this:help: :eek: Thats what the bungees on my bike are for and the Xbike mounts use sprung axles to keep the ski's level
check the bungee cord in the rear. theres better pics somewhere on the this site of it but the rear works well. the front, i havent quite gotten too but it will probibly just have some sort of setup similar to the winterxbike

mtnbrider said:
What are you making them out of?
steel

Bldr_DH

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
NO BO CO
JordyRaveShow said:

these are hella fun in pow pow
:stupid: Hella fun on anything.

And to answer Chomps, the placement of the platform is for handling purposes and (I might just be used to it) it doesn't seem weird in the air. You can land like you would any bike -- the people in the video just got into the habit of landing in a "manual", I guess.

crazybiker300

Monkey
Sep 20, 2005
hurlykid6900 said:
How does the fork and back attach to the blocks of wood exactly? Is it just on a qr? Pics of the new snow bike build up soon.
theres a standard QR axle run through the rear, and the 20mm in the front with spacers on either sidei