Quantcast

~Post your XC bike v2.0~

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
Well, I tried to find the old XC bike thread, but get a search error everytime I try. So, I figured I'd start up a new one. What bikes have been gracing your stable for XC use this season?

Here is my El Mariachi. This is unquestionably the best bike I have ever owned. After almost a year with this bike, I have zero desire to try anything else. It just fits like a glove. Weighs in at 23.4lbs.

ReVolVeRage

Monkey
Dec 28, 2006
MD/ NYC
Hey mud'n'sweat, where did you pick up that Moots seatpost? Does Mootsw deal directly, or is there a store around here that sells moots?

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
Been riding this guy for almost a year and love it. All my other bikes have been collecting dust.

Sorry for the non-action, sitting in the office, cell phone shot.

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
Been riding this guy for almost a year and love it. All my other bikes have been collecting dust.
Love the Niner!

Hey mud'n'sweat, where did you pick up that Moots seatpost? Does Mootsw deal directly, or is there a store around here that sells moots?
Got it from www.speedgoat.com whom I highly recommend. They are also just up in PA. so regular ground delivery is super fast.

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
heres mine. its going on a year old in about one month or so. no plans at all to change anything on the bike as it all works so well. the only and i mean only thing i have thought about getting is a suspension seatpost to help out the back some.

actually since the pic i have put on a FSA k force seatpost. that is probably the only reason the bike is not disgraced with a sus. seatpost as it make the ride sooo much smoother

oldskoolbiker

Monkey
Aug 19, 2005
Alexandria, VA
hahah oldschoolbiker, Are you the guy with the confederate flag on his helmet. The SOUPH. YEE HAW HAW
Yeah thats me. Did you see my helmet in Decline Magazine? Too bad I wasn't connected to it in the photo though.

I'm getting a new Helmet this week though, so I'll have to find a new sticker for it. They are kind of hard to find around here. I picked my sticker up in Gatlinburg TN. They sell Confederate flag stuff at like every store there.

My riding buds always razz me about my southern accent so I decided I would just play along with them.

Jul 13, 2006
Baltimore County
Yeah thats me. Did you see my helmet in Decline Magazine? Too bad I wasn't connected to it in the photo though.

I'm getting a new Helmet this week though, so I'll have to find a new sticker for it. They are kind of hard to find around here. I picked my sticker up in Gatlinburg TN. They sell Confederate flag stuff at like every store there.

My riding buds always razz me about my southern accent so I decided I would just play along with them.
DD,
just head north a little to mason/dixon country. plenty of civil war shops in gettysburg sell all kinds of confederate stuff.

:lighten: i bet they've got a civil war shop in man-ass-ass. that's just around the block from you!

dan wask

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2006
B-More Maryland
They got me to get a bike that can go up hills. You won't get me to shave my legs.

On-One inbred 26'
Rock Shox Revelation
Mavic Crossland Tubeless wheelset(not matching, one black, one silver)
Maxxis 2.35 ignitor tubeless
Chris Bling Headset
f'in shiny Race Face stem
bontrager race lite seat
deore lx crankset
chris bling rear chainring
surley singlespeed kit
cheapass wellgo's
XT discs
everything else is bontrager or salsa
24.5 lbs.

elf 232

fewchur serjin
Jan 5, 2007
Im in your head
its funny how my bike was at one time setup for XC and i was all wild over doing cross country but eventually i upgraded so many parts that now my bike is completely setup for DH.... hmm.... whatever

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
Jay, if you're lucky, elf 232 might help you "upgrade" your bike until it is a DH bike and no longer a XC bike. SWEET :imstupid:

fonseca

Monkey
May 2, 2002
Virginia
Bump.

Wheelbase is 42" dead on :)
I just read your thread on emptybeer entirely. It was great to see the design take shape step by step. I'd love to get a custom frame one day myself.

My XC bike was refurbished not too long ago, after spending the last year on something considerably heavier. Much more appropriate for local trails.

jncarpenter

Monkey
Apr 1, 2002
lynchburg, VA
That was a fun "ride" for sure. I may just have to do it again!!!

Not sure if you have reached saddle nirvana yet, but I found the silverado to be as comfy as the pure v and it is a good bit lighter & less bulky.

Aug 6, 2006
Denver, CO
They got me to get a bike that can go up hills. You won't get me to shave my legs.

On-One inbred 26'
Rock Shox Revelation
Mavic Crossland Tubeless wheelset(not matching, one black, one silver)
Maxxis 2.35 ignitor tubeless
Chris Bling Headset
f'in shiny Race Face stem
bontrager race lite seat
deore lx crankset
chris bling rear chainring
surley singlespeed kit
cheapass wellgo's
XT discs
everything else is bontrager or salsa
24.5 lbs.

is that a wrf or a yzf?

GotMyGED

Monkey
Mar 29, 2006
Knoxville
its funny how my bike was at one time setup for XC and i was all wild over doing cross country but eventually i upgraded so many parts that now my bike is completely setup for DH.... hmm.... whatever
I want to see this magic bike. Badly. Or have we already seen it?