Quantcast

posting from the road

rideLIKEjehu

Monkey
Jul 11, 2001
495/66/50/29
bike content: the heat from the road melted some old patches on my front tire and caused the immaculate conception of flats.

real content: i'm posting from a picnic table at a koa campground in grants, new mexico. wireless connection out in the boondocks. i love technology. we're 5500 feet up in the plains. stars like you wouldn't believe. trains and horses and giant mountains and buttes. gawd i love it out here. into arizona tomorrow, but first it's sposed to get down to the 50s here tonite. mmmm... sleeping bag. :D

your western correspondant,

Jan 7, 2004
D.C. area
rideLIKEjehu said:
real content: i'm posting from a picnic table at a koa campground in grants, new mexico. wireless connection out in the boondocks. i love technology. we're 5500 feet up in the plains. stars like you wouldn't believe. trains and horses and giant mountains and buttes. gawd i love it out here. into arizona tomorrow, but first it's sposed to get down to the 50s here tonite. mmmm... sleeping bag. :D
Keep us posted! I am with you on a long road trip in spirit. I camped in Aldie, VA, Sat. night. No stars, and the humidity just about suffocated me!

Watch out for those fires.

shifty S

Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
NWDC...Asheville
im on th road too, only im posting from a computer lab in UMASS amhearst...

been doin a daily ride, ~10-18 miles through the mountains/woods/historical towns
takes me a few hours, takes the roadies a few minutes....single speed (32?-17) + knobbies is not too good for road rides...

arsenic

Monkey
May 9, 2004
springfield, va
i'm posting from my home in downtown springfield !! it's very nice here.

i'd rather be popping a tent tho.

i mean.. erm... oh nevermind ! :devil:

DamienC

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
DC
Getting this thread back to its roots...posting from a Starbucks in Seattle. Off to a wedding in a few hours. Eat, drink, chat up the hot bridesmaids :D. Then it's off to Whistler early tomorrow to join the rest of the gang :thumb: :cool: :evil:

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
DamienC said:
Eat, drink, chat up the hot bridesmaids :D. Then it's off to Whistler early tomorrow to join the rest of the gang :thumb: :cool: :evil:
Why not chat 'em into keeping the hot tub and champagne bubbly back in the room for when you roll back covered in bike grime...or are you guys staying in one of the [ahem] seedier Whistler establishments? Take care of young Andrew, too- we wouldn't want him to come back to Fairfax screwed, blewed and tatooed like a sailor in for shore leave. :nope:

DamienC

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
DC
llkoolkeg said:
Take care of young Andrew, too- we wouldn't want him to come back to Fairfax screwed, blewed and tatooed like a sailor in for shore leave. :nope:
We got some juicy photos of Mobius with a saucy waitress on his birthday :D :devil: but I think they're on Kirstin's computer. Mobius is definitely holding his own out here though. He's throwing down big here at Whistler. :thumb:

Will post more later with pics but needless to say, we're all having a blast out here.

Sightings at Whistler this week: Schley, Rennie, Bourdon, Lopes, Schwartz, Dyer, Watson, many bears, tons of :monkey:s.

kirstin

Monkey
Mar 24, 2004
DC
DamienC said:
We got some juicy photos of Mobius with a saucy waitress on his birthday :D :devil: but I think they're on Kirstin's computer. Mobius is definitely holding his own out here though. He's throwing down big here at Whistler. :thumb:

Will post more later with pics but needless to say, we're all having a blast out here.

Sightings at Whistler this week: Schley, Rennie, Bourdon, Lopes, Schwartz, Dyer, Watson, many bears, tons of :monkey:s.
and here's the pic :)

just got back from whistler myself, the rest of them are still out there... survived with no broken bones, very few bruises, only two bike traumas (bent derailleur hanger and fried brake cable) and a whole bunch of great memories!

Attachments

kirstin

Monkey
Mar 24, 2004
DC
llkoolkeg said:
If that is so, then why did Damien have to shove Moby's head forward for the kiss? Look- he couldn't even pull it out of the frame before the shutter clicked!

Andrew and Sau-cy
Sit-ting in a tree...
:D
heh, that wasn't damien, it was either dan or steve ;)

probably trying to shove moby's head out of the way to get the kiss for themselves :D