Quantcast

Posting pics...

day42

Chimp
Aug 31, 2005
Bloomfield, NJ
I've searched for the answer to this, but I'm either a tool (highly probable), or the answer I'm looking for is not there.
I'm trying to post pics in a post, but it keeps giving me an error message. The error message doesn't specify what is wrong. I'm scaling the pic down to the required dimensions, and even smaller, but to no avail?! Any ideas? I've never posted a pic before, so that's not the problem. C'mon, I want to get the full RideMonkey forum experience. Thanks in advance.

DirtyDog

Gang probed by the Golden Banana
Aug 2, 2005
What kind of file is it? A jpg or gif? Do you know what the dimensions and file size are?

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
Easy!

1. Get a photobucket.com account like Stinker said.

2. Upload photo

3. Copy and Paste IMG Code

day42

Chimp
Aug 31, 2005
Bloomfield, NJ
I know I can do it the Photobucket way, but why should I have to? All the other forums I belong to, I'm able to upload pics all the time, the regular way...not using a 3rd party place. Any reason why the attachments thing on here isn't working? Thanks.

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
I know I can do it the Photobucket way, but why should I have to? All the other forums I belong to, I'm able to upload pics all the time, the regular way...not using a 3rd party place. Any reason why the attachments thing on here isn't working? Thanks.
Not all forums are set up the same way. I used to be able to attach files, now I get an error when uploading the image. Maybe that feature is reserved for those who donate? Maybe it's disabled? Maybe it's simply broken? *shrug* It just takes an extra 15 seconds and an extra Tab open to up the file to PB anyway. I'm not always in such a rush so PB it is!

jrnolan

Monkey
May 9, 2008
I am having trouble uploading photos too! I have been trying for the last two days and it keeps saying file failed. I've made the file smaller then the requirements.....Has anyone found an answer to this problem besides photobucket?

DirtyDog

Aug 2, 2005
Oops, sorry I missed this. I'll take a look and see what I can figure out.

DirtyDog

Aug 2, 2005
seems to work for me. Can you copy and paste the error message you are getting? You didn't specify what the size of the file you are trying to upload is.

day42

Chimp
Aug 31, 2005
Bloomfield, NJ
The error message is: "Upload Error...Upload of file failed."
The size of the pic is 85kb, 600x399 pixels. Any ideas?!

P.S. I just tried to upload one again, and no luck.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
FYI, I tried uploading several images from local and url, all failed. I tried from my PB acct, smilies from here, images from other websites, and stuff from my PC that I know would work.

last message
Code:
Upload Errors
http://images.steepandcheap.com/images/items/large/PAT/PAT0977/LWBLK.jpg:
Upload of file failed.

DirtyDog

Aug 2, 2005
OK, try now guys. Please let me know if you have further problems.