Pot smoking hippie neighbors suck!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barbaton

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2002
suburban hell
Get that man a tin foil hat!

I think the government's onto more insidious ways of wrecking our society than wanting to undercut the drug dealers and get a cut.

Besides. If it were legal the profitability would go down (probably not by volume, though). Certainly it'd be safer for folks in the business. A good, educated friend of mine from HS got hisself shot in the neck by some retards who hired a mexican assassin to help them get the weed he was selling and the cash in his house.

Big issue is social cost of drugs among the folks that can't get it together and keep it under control. Do you really want your tax money etc funding someone else's lack of control?

this thread keeps getting better and better!

if every single person in america was puffin da ganj, it would STILL be illegal. and without a doubt under this 'administration'.

it makes too much money for drug dealers, and the gov't will never allow that unless they get a (huge) piece of the pie. they will continue to stop the plant from coming into the country and travelling from place to place inside america. unless.....the government starts bringing it in themselves, using a pawn as a way to cover it all up...

obviously the legend of Freeway Ricky Ross has vanished from everyones memory. different drug, but the government sure made millions/billions of dollars AND reached their final goal; to destroy poor, black communities all over the country from the inside-out! and they got to blame it all on one of the residents of said communities! yay for the US government!

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
And there's a difference between professional success and social acceptance in that those folks may lose the respect of others...
On the contrary. I (and many others) tend to lose respect for those that have never smoked pot. It seems that pot smoking helps instill common sense, open mindedness, thoughtfulness, sincerity, and creativity. An opinion? Maybe. But, more likely, an accurate observation.

Barbaton

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2002
suburban hell
On the contrary. I (and many others) tend to lose respect for those that have never smoked pot. It seems that pot smoking helps instill common sense, open mindedness, thoughtfulness, sincerity, and creativity. An opinion? Maybe. But, more likely, an accurate observation.
In your opinion, sure, and I happen to agree with you. An awful lot of people who run businesses disagree with us, though.

It also instills doubious insights on lots of things, such as the behavior of cats. :monkey:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
SM I would be more diligent in being aware of your surroundings as you come and go from your house for a while. Particularly watch your pets and your car. Report anything that happens to the police. If any of them see actual jail time. I would keep track of when they get out. If they were stupid enough to get busted, then they are probably stupid enough to go after the person who dropped the dime on them.

My best advice to anyone who know is considering dropping a dime on someone is to know who you are dropping a dime on. Just say you call the po-po on a biker gang member without knowing it. Your real estate investment wouldn't matter to much to you then.....

Barbaton

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2002
suburban hell
Oh yeah, and let's not misuse trying as a euphemism for habitually using.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Oh yeah, I did consider the potential of retaliation but decided that you're either a man or a mouse... I put my name and face on the complaint; I will not live in fear but will take reasonable precautions. :)

SM I would be more diligent in being aware of your surroundings as you come and go from your house for a while. Particularly watch your pets and your car. Report anything that happens to the police. If any of them see actual jail time. I would keep track of when they get out. If they were stupid enough to get busted, then they are probably stupid enough to go after the person who dropped the dime on them.

My best advice to anyone who know is considering dropping a dime on someone is to know who you are dropping a dime on. Just say you call the po-po on a biker gang member without knowing it. Your real estate investment wouldn't matter to much to you then.....

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
What makes the need so strong?
I don't know what makes the need so strong, I don't have that need. Many people can't understand my need to ride. I can explain that my need to ride is based a lot on the feeling I get from the endorphins. If I could sit on my ass and get that same buzz I probably would.

Other than from a legal standpoing I don't see weed as being that bad from a health and morality standpoint. From what I have witnessed it is a lot more better for people and society in general than tobacco or alcohol.

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
It seems that pot smoking helps instill common sense, open mindedness, thoughtfulness, sincerity, and creativity. An opinion? Maybe. But, more likely, an accurate observation.

If you think that's accurate, let's see some data cite some examples, studies, statistics. Otherwise, it is just an opinion.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
From what I have witnessed it is a lot more better for people and society in general than tobacco or alcohol.
How? I must have a totally different viewpoint. You are not risking a trip to the pokey or felony conviction by riding your bike.

Sitting at home and smoking a bowl may not seem so bad to the end user but, taken as a whole, the drug traffic infrastructure has had a massive negative impact on millions & millions of people. Why anyone would want to continue their support of the drug culture is beyond my ignorant mind.

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
Other than from a legal standpoing I don't see weed as being that bad from a health and morality standpoint. From what I have witnessed it is a lot more better for people and society in general than tobacco or alcohol.
No kidding. The whole "moral issue" is ridiculous. I don't consider myself or others morally weak for drinking- why should weed be different? I don't consider laws and morals to be absolutely equivalent. They often are, but not always. I don't know about the rest of you, but I don't believe everything I'm told.

I'd certainly be pissed if somebody tought it'd be a good idea to narc me out. I certainly wouldn't hand out a beatdown, but I think it might be pretty bogus.

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
How? I must have a totally different viewpoint. You are not risking a trip to the pokey or felony conviction by riding your bike.

Sitting at home and smoking a bowl may not seem so bad to the end user but, taken as a whole, the drug traffic infrastructure has had a massive negative impact on millions & millions of people. Why anyone would want to continue their support of the drug culture is beyond my ignorant mind.
This makes me think of the medical marijuana fest they had downtown last summer at the park. I didn't see a single sick looking person there, but I did see a lot of folks who sure looked like typical lazy stoners. As far as I could tell there was no one with glacoma, cancer or any other disease that claims pot helps. The real clincher was the little three year kid of someone there having a tantrum in the middle of the whole thing. He was laying kicking and screaming at the top of his lungs, "you f-er you f-er". If these folk want to legalize pot for so called legitimate reasons, they had really better start to look and act like legitimate citizens, and not system leeches.

ff

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
It's illegal, he reported them, what's the problem. If they were up there doing anything else illegal and he reported them nobody would complain but just because its pot people will think he's an asshole. From somebody who had a big time stoner as room mate once (not by choice) I can sympathize. I dont have any problem with weed, nor do I think you can stereotype...but when somebody is already doing something to annoy you then you add in the fact that they are ripping hits from a massive bong all day and they are too out of it to reason with it doesnt help the situation much.

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
It's illegal, he reported them, what's the problem. If they were up there doing anything else illegal and he reported them nobody would complain but just because its pot people will think he's an asshole. From somebody who had a big time stoner as room mate once (not by choice) I can sympathize. I dont have any problem with weed, nor do I think you can stereotype...but when somebody is already doing something to annoy you then you add in the fact that they are ripping hits from a massive bong all day and they are too out of it to reason with it doesnt help the situation much.
If anybody was pissing me off that much because of their illegal drug habits, I'd probably call the cops. But weed isn't meth, it isn't crack, it isn't heroin. Weed is illegal for reasons beyond its actual effects. I'd have a problem with people infringing on my rights and property as a result of their drug habits. I would not, however, have a problem with people smoking per se. I think the issue people are having is the apparent hostility towards smokers and the condemnation of their choise as if it's as bad as all these other drugs.

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
well I for one support your decision SM....pay no attention to all the pot smokers who feel the need to defend their actions whenever a thread like this is introduced. If my neighbors were threatening my financial investment and propert values...you better believe I would have done the same thing.

I'd be willing to bet many people who are coming down on you for your actions do not have to woryy about an investment in excess of 100k being threatened...D

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Well now my part of the discussion is over - thanks for the diversion and differing viewpoints.

I received a call from the investigating officer who told me that they recovered enough prepackaged pot to support an intent to deliver charge but that they also discovered "something" else that was far more serious than that. He asked me a few questions I could not answer and then ended the conversation.

In this instance I do feel I did the right thing - it should not matter what lead up to the discovery of a pot cache - I feell that I acted in the best interest of my community.

I'm outta her! Have a great weekend. :)

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Why is pot illegal again?

No seriously. I don't think I ever looked into the history of it. I never really cared.

I still don't care, but now I'm curious.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
well I for one support your decision SM....pay no attention to all the pot smokers who feel the need to defend their actions whenever a thread like this is introduced. If my neighbors were threatening my financial investment and propert values...you better believe I would have done the same thing.

I'd be willing to bet many people who are coming down on you for your actions do not have to woryy about an investment in excess of 100k being threatened...D[/QUOTE

Aug 22, 2004
FEAR ME ^
My big issue is the amount of problems you could have caused for these dudes if they were not nasty tweekers and instead were simply your friendly neighborhood stoners. I mean honestly the harm you having them arrested could have caused for them had they NOT BEEN into other stuff far outweighs (in my mind) the imminent threat they somehow seemed to pose to you. Go talk to them first, tell them you don't want to call the cops and they need to be careful. Now if you saw other **** thats a completely different situation.

Weed is less of a drug than sudafed in terms of danger, and just based off relaxing, stress reliving factor, it sure as hell seems like it would be good for alot of really uptight stressed out people I know who look like their about to have a coronary have the time.

End of rant, like people said just do your research and try not to **** it for someone because you don't agree with what they do.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
End of rant, like people said just do your research and try not to **** it for someone because you don't agree with what they do.
these scumfvcks were ruining it for midge. what part of that don't you get?
as mentioned, they were doing illegal stuff and doing it poorly.

why should midge have to look into it anymore then he did? he asked them once already to have some respect for the neighborhood. they refused and got delt with.

vtjim

Beware of Milo & Otis
Jan 6, 2006
North Andover MA
these scumfvcks were ruining it for midge. what part of that don't you get?
as mentioned, they were doing illegal stuff and doing it poorly.

why should midge have to look into it anymore then he did? he asked them once already to have some respect for the neighborhood. they refused and got delt with.
I think what he is saying is that when he called the cops all he knew was that they were smoking, none of the other stuff. So his point is that had they just been annoying pot smokers it may have been a dick move for him to call the cops (which it was).

Ironically enough it sounds like these guys deserved what they got, but SM didn't know that when he called the cops.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
I think what he is saying is that when he called the cops all he knew was that they were smoking, none of the other stuff. So his point is that had they just been annoying pot smokers it may have been a dick move for him to call the cops (which it was).

Ironically enough it sounds like these guys deserved what they got, but SM didn't know that when he called the cops.
Moral of the story:

If you're going to be a dumbass, make sure your neighbors are cool with it.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Someone abort this turd of a thread before my ignore list gets any bigger

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Someone abort this turd of a thread before my ignore list gets any bigger
Werd.

I imagine SM was that annoying kid in class always threatening to tell the teacher.

My fuggin neighbor is a prostitute. It's illegal, morally wrong and she has a small child in the house. The couple disgusts me and they're on my real life ignore list, but it's their lives and I have no right to interfere with them.

I didn't think I could despise anyone more than robdawhatever...

JeffKill

Monkey
Jun 21, 2006
Charlotte, NC
My upstairs neighbor is in the habit of making odd noises that one would not normally associate with someone who isn’t in need of Ritalin therapy. Seriously this guy paces back and forth for hours and opens / closes his door every 5 seconds. Tonight, for the second time, I knocked on his door to politely inform that he was being a nuisance to his neighbors.
I still think its funny that most people are completely ingnoring this statement from his original post. If that was the reason he called, then that would be the right thing to do. Being a noisy dickhead when your walls are connected to someone elses home is complete disrespect.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
This makes me think of the medical marijuana fest they had downtown last summer at the park. I didn't see a single sick looking person there, but I did see a lot of folks who sure looked like typical lazy stoners. As far as I could tell there was no one with glacoma, cancer or any other disease that claims pot helps. The real clincher was the little three year kid of someone there having a tantrum in the middle of the whole thing. He was laying kicking and screaming at the top of his lungs, "you f-er you f-er". If these folk want to legalize pot for so called legitimate reasons, they had really better start to look and act like legitimate citizens, and not system leeches.

ff

you can't judge an entire sub-population of people (weed smokers or supporters of de-criminalization) by the members of that population who choose to protest or rally. It's a ridiculous connection to make. That's like associating all Christians with all those sign carrying weirdos or associating all cyclists with militant critical massers.

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
I still think its funny that most people are completely ingnoring this statement from his original post. If that was the reason he called, then that would be the right thing to do. Being a noisy dickhead when your walls are connected to someone elses home is complete disrespect.
yeah I noticed a lot of people are overlooking that part...funny....D

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Why is pot illegal again?

No seriously. I don't think I ever looked into the history of it. I never really cared.

I still don't care, but now I'm curious.

It was legal and considered harmless for years. Sears sold Hashish candy through their catalog. It was considered fun and beneficial for the whole family. Like a lot of stuff it became taboo once minorities started using it. The prohibition of weed started once Mexican migrants were seen using it. If you get a chance watch the History channel's Hooked: Illegal drugs and how they got that way.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Like a lot of stuff it became taboo once minorities started using it. The prohibition of weed started once Mexican migrants were seen using it.
They better not start drinking coffee then.

I will sh*t-stab someone if they take away my coffee.

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
you can't judge an entire sub-population of people (weed smokers or supporters of de-criminalization) by the members of that population who choose to protest or rally. It's a ridiculous connection to make. That's like associating all Christians with all those sign carrying weirdos or associating all cyclists with militant critical massers.
No what I am saying is that if people want their cause to taken seriously, they need to act seriously. I'm not saying all pot smokers are lazy losers; I am saying if you want me as a voter to respect your cause, give me something to respect. Don't let your kids scream "you fvcker" at the top of thier lungs in public, and act intelligent and engaging.

gg

Status
Not open for further replies.