Quantcast

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Not really herb related but it really doesn't warrant it's own thread.

Had some shrooms this weekend while vegging out in the pool all night. It was very nice. Lots of giggling, no clothes, three bottles of vino, the stars were out, the clouds looked intense (what didnt?), the water felt nice....ah...what a Saturday night. I still have a little bit left but they are losing potency since they are almost 2 years old.

Anyone else like the fungus?

trailblazer

Monkey
May 2, 2005
Jamaica
i used to love picking shrooms while on tours mixing bands. It broke up the monotony and picking them in BC and especially the Marritimes where they have the best button caps.....fresh at 5am as they open up to greet the sun. In Jamaica I have been tempted as they grow in the cow fields high up in the hills and are sitting there saying...eat me madman......but it's been like 10 years and i am done with them.
gimme a phatty and a cup of blue mountain and i'm a happy camper.
My buddy rides on them.

RimJobbed

Monkey
Apr 11, 2006
Ya, I do eat the fungus when the moon is high. It's been since college but that was only a little while ago. I've eaten so many though, and been completely removed from reality enough that the idea even kind of spooks me now. It takes a situation like the one you described to get me in the mood. I'm with trailblazer for the most part, a fatty and a cold one and life is good.

Nov 8, 2006
Del Mar
i've tried mushrooms, it's fun stuff, but i prefer Sally D, as i hardly ever have the freedom to trip out for 8 hours at a time. Plus salvia provides a much more intense trip for the 40 or so minutes it lasts (3 deep hits of 20x extract with a 2 ft. bong and a blue-flame torch each held in for 20 seconds)

plus i have a tough time getting hold of mushrooms, i have one friend who can get them pretty easily, but i'd rather spend the money on a fat sack of ganja

trailblazer: riding on shrooms? that's gotta be intense, i wouldn't try it.

RimJobbed

Monkey
Apr 11, 2006
Honestly, that salvia stuff just gives me a headache. I taught myself how to grow mushrooms when I was in school, and do so every once in a while. Mostly to feed the farmer bug I acquired from being born on one (a farm), but also because it's a really cool process. The eating and tripping is really just icing on the cake. I'm a fan of morning glory seeds when I find them, similar trip to mushrooms, but more of a stomach ache.

Mar 10, 2005
Santa Cruz/Sacramento, Ca
Volcano is totally worth the coin....
A cup of Kicking Horse (Grizzly Claw) and a bag (of puna budder no doubt) is a great way to start the day :)
A group of us got together, put some coin down, and picked up one of those. It was amazing.

We named it Darth Vapor.

Efficient is an understatement. The week we had got him, we went nuts. It's really easy to take HUGE hits. I'm definitely exaggerating a bit, but it was noticeably more efficient than a normal bong or pipe. In fact, we smoked a girl out for the first time with Darth. She ended up peeing herself.

In a good way.

Sadly, Darth made really good friends with concrete a while ago and he has been out of commission since. We might open it up and tool around, but chances are it's bummed. ;_;

greenchris

Turbo Monkey
Jun 24, 2005
DA BEARS.
Not really herb related but it really doesn't warrant it's own thread.

Had some shrooms this weekend while vegging out in the pool all night. It was very nice. Lots of giggling, no clothes, three bottles of vino, the stars were out, the clouds looked intense (what didnt?), the water felt nice....ah...what a Saturday night. I still have a little bit left but they are losing potency since they are almost 2 years old.

Anyone else like the fungus?
That sounds like a perfect night! I haven't tripped in a while but two years ago I was living in Flagstaff ate some mushrooms with my buddy before a halloween costume party. F'n ripped...I was walking around with ski goggles just giggling.... Good times...

greenchris

Turbo Monkey
Jun 24, 2005
DA BEARS.
Long-time lurker, first time poster:

I use the freezer for long-term storage. While very successful in avoiding stranger fly-by (in-law and random house guest), I've read that I'm damaging the valuable crystals when compared with dark/sealed 50's/60's temps (fridge or basement closet.)

I'm looking for that sweet-spot between long-term potency and pragmatism, so I was hoping to investigate the hierarchy of various storage techniques.

Could someone please enlighten me with their knowledge?
I don't use the freezer at I have heard its no good for potency... So, I store my herbal in two bags inside a ball jar/pickle jar. I put my ball jar in a sealed container that lets no light inside the fridge. Haven't had a problem and I'm smoking some herb right now that is atleast six months old

RimJobbed

Monkey
Apr 11, 2006
I don't use the freezer at I have heard its no good for potency... So, I store my herbal in two bags inside a ball jar/pickle jar. I put my ball jar in a sealed container that lets no light inside the fridge. Haven't had a problem and I'm smoking some herb right now that is atleast six months old
Man, I can't even keep a bag for six hours, let alone six months. BLUNTS!

crashdwn22

Chimp
Jan 3, 2007
asthma has been an issue over the past 2 weeks so i took a break...that and i stopped smoking ciggz (i didnt smoke em much, but im just giving em up completely). its been a rough 2 weeks though...

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Dang folks, I have a new job and have gone from smoking all day to not smoking till after 5pm. It's a good thing to be sure, but those first couple of days I REALLY wanted a lunchtime bowl. :D

T-Pirate

RESPECT!
Sep 28, 2003
Boone, NC/N. Greenville county, SC
Ouch....My roommates had a little visit from some narco detectives with a warrant

1 count minor possession marijuana
1 count drug paraphernalia
I'm gonna be broke for awhile.

Thank god they didn't find what they were looking for. (not mine, but it was a whole lot worse than what they did find.)

trailblazer

Monkey
May 2, 2005
Jamaica
sorry mang.
that sux that they arrest you for..........paphenalia?
sounds like it's time to move to Canada.
We reward people for buying tools.
unbelievable waste of taxpayers money chasing peoplle in their own homes for a few dubes. A very sad tale.

Shame on you George F*king Bush

T-Pirate

RESPECT!
Sep 28, 2003
sorry mang.
that sux that they arrest you for..........paphenalia?
sounds like it's time to move to Canada.
We reward people for buying tools.
unbelievable waste of taxpayers money chasing peoplle in their own homes for a few dubes. A very sad tale.

Shame on you George F*king Bush

Agreed....I'll never deny knowing the risk of smoking....but what am I guilty of? Having a glass piece in my OWN FVCKING HOUSE? They didn't even find any herb. The possession is bc of residue in the bowl.

trailblazer

Monkey
May 2, 2005
Jamaica
we have a building called the pink palace near where we live in the middle of a real sweet part of Toronto by the lake. The pink Palace was saved from demo and was designed for abused women as a safe house. Now it houses crackers and tweekers who followed those women and now reside there illegally. The cops do sweeps 3 times a day and they fly out the rear windows like rats. Our neighborhood is *****d up with crime now and it is all down to the addicts raping the system. They lay 1/2 dead in front of our gas station and drug store and in front of the doughnut shop. They all resemble the semi-dead in the above pic[2002]. The smell is revolting.

i despise crack and meth. It ruins lives and kills famillies and everyone they come into contact is directly effected in a negative way financially and mentally.

this thread is about herb.
the natural healer.

jah.
rastafari.

T-Pirate

RESPECT!
Sep 28, 2003
warrant, huh? someone w/ a grudge drop a dime on you?

what was it they didn't find, the disemboweled hooker in the rubbermaid tub?

Nah...My roomie's girl just couldn't keep her sh1t together when she was trippin, ended up running around naked and getting picked up. The cops went in the house to "help her get some clothes" and saw a couple of bongs and got a warrant. I wasn't there at the time and got royally fvcked by the whole thing. I'm now facing "felony maintaining a dwelling" because we smoked herb in our house. This system can eat a dick, if I go down for this I'm screwed for life for having a weed pipe in my own house. Go figure.

Batman

Monkey
May 20, 2002
Mississauga
Move to Canada. Last time we were broken into and a cop was over taking the report he had a good laugh counting roaches....he also had good things to say about my buddies red eye piece :)
****ty to hear about your news...hopefully all works out...

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Nate, in your own words, would you care to explain to me how marijuana is a "gateway" drug?

( I know this is a waste of time.... )
oh come on.. you really arent that dense are ye?

i know you'd love to believe that 99.9% of meth users started on meth but reality says otherwise.

Batman

Monkey
May 20, 2002
Mississauga
oh come on.. you really arent that dense are ye?

i know you'd love to believe that 99.9% of meth users started on meth but reality says otherwise.

You're completely clueless.
Just because someone does meth now and at one time may have smoked pot doesn't automatically draw the conclusion that marijuana is the reason they started using meth. The term "gateway drug" is used by uneducated, ignorant pricks who want to associate smoking pot to using hard drugs. Marijuana is no more a "gateway" drug than alcohol is...and everyone here knows how much you love your martinis.

BUZZKILL

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
You're completely clueless.
Just because someone does meth now and at one time may have smoked pot doesn't automatically draw the conclusion that marijuana is the reason they started using meth. The term "gateway drug" is used by uneducated, ignorant pricks who want to associate smoking pot to using hard drugs. Marijuana is no more a "gateway" drug than alcohol is...and everyone here knows how much you love your martinis.

BUZZKILL
Dude, you sound a little stressed. Go smoke a bowl.

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
originally posted by tpirate
The possession is bc of residue in the bowl
wow tp im sorry about all of this **** man. totally uncalled for, and well i think everyone in there right mind can agree that boone cops can be total dicks. good luck man hope it all works out.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Hey guys, I'm just going to drop a hint here. I'm not going to delete this thread, but a couple mods only tolerate it because it remains civil.

Don't rise up to the trolls with curses and insults. If you want to have the sixteenth discussion in this same thread about pot's legality, fine, go to it, but be civil and don't violate rules of the board. This is probably the longest running active thread in the history of the forum, let's not get it deleted.