Quantcast

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
Clark Kent said:
It is nice how everyone has kept their head about them throughout this thread! :thumb:
I am not sure that I agree with that. I am guessing that most of the people replying to this thread "lose their head" on a fairly regular basis. :D

Smelly

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
out yonder, round bout a hootinany
Gk. Willie said:
Done properly Outdoor can be 10x better than indoor. Its all about location location location. Take it from the groundskeeper, after years of following Phish I can testify that nothing beats Ny's fall harvest and everyone whose ever lived here and moved says it every time they come home.

Down with BEASTERS

mmmm....a couple years ago there was a strain going around called Adirondack Gold that was really tasty.
i f*cking hate beasters with a passion. if somone offers a bowl packed with beasters, i just say no thanks. the smell of them is nauseating. it doesn't even smell like weed, smells like chemicals. those things are as disgusting as cigarettes and get you about as high. friends don't let friends smoke beast!

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
squarewheels said:
mmmm....a couple years ago there was a strain going around called Adirondack Gold that was really tasty.
i f*cking hate beasters with a passion. if somone offers a bowl packed with beasters, i just say no thanks. the smell of them is nauseating. it doesn't even smell like weed, smells like chemicals. those things are as disgusting as cigarettes and get you about as high. friends don't let friends smoke beast!

Ummmm... What's a BEASTER?

Smelly

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
out yonder, round bout a hootinany
generally, beasters still does, although a similar type of bud is now grown in massive amounts in eastern places in canada (quebec i've heard). beasters generally are a very dense bud, not much crystalization, some orangey hairs, a soft, kinda velvety feel, and they smell like they're full of chemicals.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
squarewheels said:
beasters generally are a very dense bud, not much crystalization, some orangey hairs, a soft, kinda velvety feel, and they smell like they're full of chemicals.
No wonder they're called beasters. That sounds down right nasty. I would expect such things from down south in old mexico, but not from our frozen friends to the north. :)

I guess the best bet is still to grow yer own. (Not that I would condone any illegal activities, mind you...)

I havent smoked in a bit over 5 years now. When I was living in Vicenza Italy, I always bought from the morrocans up in Bassano near Milan. Thode guys know how to grow the stuff. I had a finger of hash as a going away gift, and I couldnt finish it. It put me into the next dimension and I stayed there till I finished a whole loaf of bread and the lunch meat to go along with it.

DAMN I miss it...

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
genpowell71 said:
So where does the best pot to smoke come from in the world?
I don't really pay too much attention to that. To me, asking questions like that, is, well, like asking a "best ever" question in any other catagory. I know how to sopt the good stuff, and am happy with what I get. Nothing but KB. Whats the Snoop line? "No stems, no seeds, no ???, no sticks", or something like that.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
good weed depends mostly on the strain. of almost equal importance is growing conditions. then you've got harvest timing/flush process. and if its been cured for a couple months its going to be super dank!

and like scurban said, the best weed in the world is coming out of northern california and i think oregon too.

the beasters that floats around the states are usually ****ty boring smokes and sometimes its even been kiefed! what trash they pawn on the needy. but if you go to vancouver and head down to commerical drive where all the weed shops are you can score some dank nuggets. BC grows all kinds of high grade smoke

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Repack said:
I don't really pay too much attention to that. To me, asking questions like that, is, well, like asking a "best ever" question in any other catagory. I know how to sopt the good stuff, and am happy with what I get. Nothing but KB. Whats the Snoop line? "No stems, no seeds, no ???, no sticks", or something like that.
No stems, no seeds that you don't need. Acapulco Gold is.... <puff puff, ahhhhh...> bad azz weeeeeeed.

Not sure if that's what you are looking for but a friend O mine used to always sing that while tending his garden.

westernpenna

Chimp
Apr 1, 2004
Pittsburgh
"Hippies, I hate Hippies. All they do is sit around in trees and smoke weed."
"Hippies suck!!!!!!!! It's just that simple."
"Yeah!!!!! Hippies and terrorists are the samething."
I don't smoke weed, nor am I a "hippie", however I know a lot of people that do smoke weed. Not all people that smoke weed are hippies. Not all hippies smoke weed. How are terrorists and hippies the same thing. Define terrorism? Terrorism is perceived by cultural interpretation. It is this type of speech that perpetuates narrow minded ethnocentrism.

This forum may not be the place to talk about drug usage but if people decide to take the opportunity to discuss it then it is their problem. However I don't think that this justifies equating a misinterpreted peace movement to terrorism. If ridemonkey feels this topic is distasteful then it should be pulled. However I see no need to resort to high school level hate speech.

Sombody needs to start hugging some trees, unless you want to ride urban the rest of your life!

Personally I would rather just ride my bike! :thumb:

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
westernpenna said:
I don't smoke weed, nor am I a "hippie", however I know a lot of people that do smoke weed. Not all people that smoke weed are hippies. Not all hippies smoke weed. How are terrorists and hippies the same thing. Define terrorism? Terrorism is perceived by cultural interpretation. It is this type of speech that perpetuates narrow minded ethnocentrism.

This forum may not be the place to talk about drug usage but if people decide to take the opportunity to discuss it then it is their problem. However I don't think that this justifies equating a misinterpreted peace movement to terrorism. If ridemonkey feels this topic is distasteful then it should be pulled. However I see no need to resort to high school level hate speech.

Sombody needs to start hugging some trees, unless you want to ride urban the rest of your life!

Personally I would rather just ride my bike! :thumb:

Dude. Mellow out... go smoke a bowl. I do understand where you are coming from and I agree, but try not to take someones sig too seriously. Now... SMOKE ON!!!! :thumb:
:thumb:

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
squarewheels said:
i'd say they're both best known for great pot, but they're certainly not the only place with mind blowing grass. plenty of old hippies in vermont and new york who grow it just as dank.
I agree. These days you can find good smoke anywhere. It takes good seeds, a good technique and plenty of love. Some of the best I ever had was from La Habra Calif. Why? Cause that's where I was living at the time. :D

Oct 16, 2004
Whitehorse Yukon
I smoke pot, but just at the end of the day. Otherwise nothing would ever get done!! Recipes?? Hmmm, I suggest we smoke some for inspiration. Crap now I can't remember why I wanted to be inspired, I think I'll mow the lawn just in case thats what I was supposed to do!!

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
yo, i've smoked daily for a really long time. lately i've seen it creating a negative impact on my life. because i'm not studying and getting the grades i need. i ge blazed rather than open a book. so like maybe 2-3 grams a day~

the past two weeks i've been cutting back to maybe a bowl once a week. i really am trying to give it a break for once in my life.

stringcheese

Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
Golden, CO
After being a multiple-times-a-day-smoker for quite a while, yesterday I decided to come to a sudden and complete stop. I feel smarter already.

Weed is definitely a blessing, and can be used without interfering with your daily routine. That only goes for people who can responsibly use it, though, and that I couldn't do.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
For anyone who doesn't know the only way to die from a Marijuana overdose is by ingesting it. Would take a hell of a lot of the normal outdoor crap that i suspect still floats around the country, but if you have good stuff i suppose you could manage it. Yes i've overdosed myself taking knife hits through a paper towel roller with toothpicks stuck on the bottom filling the chamber with ice. Wound up passing out and nearly hitting my head on the red hot stove. Aaaah to be 16 again. People like me usually die when we're young, but i quit everything when i was 21 mainly because i figure i wanted to live longer than my parents did. Both died from drug related accidents in their 20's.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I'm sure you'd die from smoke inhalation long before you died of the actual THC overdose. I don't think you can even smoke it fast enough to die of an overdose - you'd just pass out.

Anyhow... I used to be a multiple-times-per-day smoker a few years ago but I simply can't do it anymore. My job requires me to be focused and sharp, and you can't achieve that when you're smoking every day. After I got a promotion about 6 months ago, I decided I would only smoke on the weekends. Lately, though, I've had so much other stuff going on in my life that it's been a lot less than that.

Incidentally, anyone who says daily use of pot doesn't interfere with daily activities, is absolutely full of sh!t. No ifs, ands or buts. Don't be stupid: of course it interferes with daily activities. Whether or not it interferes with them enough that it actually causes problems is another story entirely. But smoking every day makes you less sharp, less responsive, and it does affect your memory.

Anyhow.. I enjoy smoking but just have too much going on in my life to do much of it anymore.

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
binary visions said:
Incidentally, anyone who says daily use of pot doesn't interfere with daily activities, is absolutely full of sh!t. No ifs, ands or buts. Don't be stupid: of course it interferes with daily activities. Whether or not it interferes with them enough that it actually causes problems is another story entirely. But smoking every day makes you less sharp, less responsive, and it does affect your memory.
No way. I'm sharp as a tack and I smoke everyday(never at work). I would like to...................oh look a ball.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
binary visions said:
I'm sure you'd die from smoke inhalation long before you died of the actual THC overdose. I don't think you can even smoke it fast enough to die of an overdose - you'd just pass out.
ingest means "eating" if there was any misunderstanding.

Ciaran said:
I agree that it DOES interfere with daily life. That's why I never smoke before work. Like you said, "Whether or not it interferes with them enough that it actually causes problems is another story entirely. " And to that end I have only one example of pot not getting in the way of daily life...

A very good friend is a daily smoker. She has been since she was 15,.....
There are plenty of "functional" alcoholics and "functional" drug addicts whether it be prescriptions or otherwise.
Truth is an argument could be made that your freind could excel even more if not hindered by a habit, but to me that's not even the real issue of how it ultimately effects people. My whole deal is it retards emotional and spiritual growth, especially if you depend on it to alter your mood or relieve stress. To be able to do this without the assistance of a chemical is within everybodys capability. That's why it's called dependance, the slippery slope of addiction, eventually you need to a chemical to "feel" right. People flock to Starbucks every morning to "feel" right. Of course it varies with each individual, and people who take it to the extreme usually find the more negative aspects spreading chaos to them and others around them more quickly than others who live a fairly "functional" life, eventually having to get on a lung machine from their nasty cigarrette habit. Eventually the monkey gets you one way or the other if not thru death then making you an irritable asshole without your weed or whatever.
Personally i don't care what people do or are into, i know many people who have assorted vices. i just feel people should be more honest about the repercussions of stuff, i mean really i knew back when i was using, that i was an addict, as i still am, just not practicing. i had no illusions i just didn't care, or perhaps i cared too much.....
Anyways never mind my head trip until you decide you wanna quit then revisit all the info. Til then toke up hard retard!!! Haha :D

T-Pirate

RESPECT!
Sep 28, 2003
Boone, NC/N. Greenville county, SC
binary visions said:
Anyhow... I used to be a multiple-times-per-day smoker a few years ago but I simply can't do it anymore. My job requires me to be focused and sharp, and you can't achieve that when you're smoking every day. After I got a promotion about 6 months ago, I decided I would only smoke on the weekends. Lately, though, I've had so much other stuff going on in my life that it's been a lot less than that.

I agree. Sure, I could go to school stoned....and it would go by a lot faster, and be way more fun, but I really would never get anything done. I like riding stoned though.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Skookum said:
ingest means "eating" if there was any misunderstanding.
Right, I got that.. Was just commenting.

I don't think I was quite clear on my statement about being a heavy smoker... What I meant was, being a heavy smoker affects your life outside of the time that you are high. Simply because you go to work sober doesn't mean you're functioning at the level you would be if you hadn't smoked every night during the week.

Apparently Ciaran deleted a post...? Too bad, I appreciate reading your posts, dude :thumb:

T-Pirate

RESPECT!
Sep 28, 2003
Boone, NC/N. Greenville county, SC
binary visions said:
Right, I got that.. Was just commenting.

I don't think I was quite clear on my statement about being a heavy smoker... What I meant was, being a heavy smoker affects your life outside of the time that you are high. Simply because you go to work sober doesn't mean you're functioning at the level you would be if you hadn't smoked every night during the week.

Apparently Ciaran deleted a post...? Too bad, I appreciate reading your posts, dude :thumb:
Probably true, I haven't noticed anything different about my non stoned state, but I usually smoke everyday for 5 days or so, then wait a couple weeks untl I buy more.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
binary visions said:

Well, I made a very stupid post last week and pissed off many people (which I am not defending, just trying to recover from it). After my last post about my friend I just about had my head bit off so I figured I would try and delete my more offensive posts and lay low for a bit. I am not here to make enemies (though it seems that I have :( ) or piss anyone off. I was just offering a bit of anecdotal evidence about a friend of mine and all of a sudden I am a retard.

Anyhoo... I am just taking a break to let the seas calm down before I upset anymore folks. :) Thanks for the kind words man. I like it around here, and would like to stay. :thumb: