Quantcast

Drunken_Ninja

Turbo Monkey
Aug 25, 2002
Hangin' with Riggs and Mertah
the blueberry i traded for at the vape lounge. was quite interesting there have been some good blueberry strains going around lately. The bubblegum however was the best of that i've had in my life. absolutely no hairs and thick flowers very light green condensed but large buds. I am loving the bubblegum even though it is not my favorite variety. oddly enough I dont like most of the strains Ive been getting so I have been trading it off but still it has been some of the better versions of strains that i dont like. hits right then tastes awful but it works.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
god damnt....i might have to come.
its cheaper than going back to Amsterdam.
when i went last, the tix there were only $120!...i think theyre a lot more than that now.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
either Joisey or Pensyltuckey

god damnt....i might have to come.
its cheaper than going back to Amsterdam.
when i went last, the tix there were only $120!...i think theyre a lot more than that now.

Not on the way....sorry.

$120?! for airfare to AMS?! When the hell did you go last 1979?

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Not on the way....sorry.

$120?! for airfare to AMS?! When the hell did you go last 1979?
haha, no 1997.
and that was round trip. it was my xmas present from my bro when i was like 15 or 16. it was a one stop ticket, but still cheap as fck.
the hostel we stayed in was like $10 a night i think

Drunken_Ninja

Turbo Monkey
Aug 25, 2002
so what exactly does the entry fee get you?
There is free loot of course. Tickets include entrance to the events, the entertainment and most meals that you would need and beverages. In past years they have given out free judges tshirts grinders and papers and other gifts like free treatingyourself magazines including special car air freshener that neutralizes the weed smell. All of the weed samples are included and it is unlimited all you can smoke. There are $20,000 in prizes and free bong giveaways valued at $20-$200 each.

As for tenting out in my backyard there is limited space, 5 tents maximum two people have already said they are coming. We do have to supply our own midnight munchies here however I will pay for your parking for the trip and we will get to the events on bikes. In return for visiting here I only need to know in advance and do have to confirm some details with my landlord. (he approves) Mostly that people will bring their favorite BBQ sauce and Hot sauce from where they live. (I likes to munch and will use the BBQ):happydance:

Last edited:

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
okay, i wasnt sure if everyone got the free sht that the site talked about, nor did i realize that it included food there too....i guess put me and my buddy down then cause it looks like im going...1 tent if thats still cool mon

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
The swag may have to stay in Canada, I am not sure I want to be bring all of that back over the border.

Drunken_Ninja

Turbo Monkey
Aug 25, 2002
There is free loot of course. Tickets include entrance to the events, the entertainment and most meals that you would need and beverages. In past years they have given out free judges tshirts grinders and papers and other gifts like free treatingyourself magazines including special car air freshener that neutralizes the weed smell. All of the weed samples are included and it is unlimited all you can smoke. There are $20,000 in prizes and free bong giveaways valued at $20-$200 each.

As for tenting out in my backyard there is limited space, 5 tents maximum two people have already said they are coming. We do have to supply our own midnight munchies here however I will pay for your parking for the trip and we will get to the events on bikes. In return for visiting here I only need to know in advance and do have to confirm some details with my landlord. (he approves) Mostly that people will bring their favorite BBQ sauce and Hot sauce from where they live. (I likes to munch and will use the BBQ):happydance:

ok I got some inside info from some compassion club owners gold card members whove been. It is NOT an all you can smoke event. It is mostly a bring your own event. In which case my landlord would not approve. So I am hoping to hell that none of you bought tickets yet because I am definitely not going. not everyone on the boat cruise gets to smoke and no the competitors will not even let you just have the samples of which there are only like six total. at most you would get six joints and some meals not it is not 100% positive that everything is paid for in other words really expensive prices for stuff to eat or either drink. of the people whove said theyve been they have been yah like so what? we went:bonk:

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
ok I got some inside info from some compassion club owners gold card members whove been. It is NOT an all you can smoke event. It is mostly a bring your own event. In which case my landlord would not approve. So I am hoping to hell that none of you bought tickets yet because I am definitely not going. not everyone on the boat cruise gets to smoke and no the competitors will not even let you just have the samples of which there are only like six total. at most you would get six joints and some meals not it is not 100% positive that everything is paid for in other words really expensive prices for stuff to eat or either drink. of the people whove said theyve been they have been yah like so what? we went:bonk:
^why I was waiting to pull the trigger on the tix. I found nothing on the websites that said "samples" were included. I am sure it would be a great time but not like the HT Cup in Amsterdam where you get dozens of different strains for the price of admission.

Thanks for the heads up.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
Can Marijuana Help Rescue California's Economy?
By ALISON STATEMAN / LOS ANGELES
Could marijuana be the answer to the economic misery facing California? Democratic State Assembly member Tom Ammiano thinks so. Ammiano introduced legislation last month that would legalize pot and allow the state to regulate and tax its sale - a move that could mean billions for the cash-strapped state. Pot is, after all, California's biggest cash crop, responsible for $14 billion in annual sales, dwarfing the state's second largest agricultural commodity - milk and cream - which brings in $7.3 billion annually, according to the most recent USDA statistics. The state's tax collectors estimate the bill would bring in about $1.3 billion in much-needed revenue a year, offsetting some of the billions in service cuts and spending reductions outlined in the recently approved state budget.

"The state of California is in a very, very precipitous economic plight. It's in the toilet," says Ammiano. "It looks very, very bleak, with layoffs and foreclosures and schools closing or trying to operate four days a week. We have one of the highest rates of unemployment we've ever had. With any revenue ideas people say you have to think outside of the box, you have to be creative, and I feel that the issue of the decriminalization, regulation and taxation of marijuana fits that bill. It's not new, the idea has been around, and the political will may in fact be there to make something happen." (See pictures from stoner cinema.)

Ammiano may be right. A few days after he introduced the bill, U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder announced that states should be able to make their own rules on medical marijuana and that federal raids on pot dispensaries in California would cease. The move signaled a softening of the hard-line approach previous administrations have had to medicinal pot use. The nomination of Gil Kerlikowske as the head of the Office of National Drug Control Policy may also signal a softer federal line on marijuana. If he is confirmed as the so-called Drug Czar, Kerlikowske will bring with him experience as police chief of Seattle, where he made it clear that going after people for posessing marijuana was not a priority of his force.

California was one of the first states in the nation to legalize medical marijuana in 1996. Currently, $200 million in medical marijuana sales are subject to sales tax. If passed, the Marijuana Control, Regulation and Education Act (AB 390) would give California control of pot in a manner similar to alcohol, while prohibiting its purchase to citizens under age 21. (The bill has been referred to the California State Assembly's Public Safety and Health Committees; Ammiano says it could take up to a year before it comes to a vote for passage.) State revenues would be derived from a $50 per ounce levy on retail sales of marijuana and sales taxes. By adopting the law, California could become a model for other states. As Ammiano put it: "How California goes, the country goes."

Despite the projected and much-needed revenue, opponents say legalizing pot will only add to social woes. "The last thing we need is yet another mind-altering substance to be legalized," says John Lovell, lobbyist for the California Peace Officers' Association. "We have enough problems with alcohol and abuse of pharmaceutical products: do we really need to add yet another mind-altering substance to the array?" Lovell says the easy availability of the drug will lead to a surge in its use, much like what happened when alcohol was allowed to be sold in venues other than liquor stores in some states.

Joel W. Hay, professor of Pharmaceutical Economics at USC, also foresees harm if the bill passes. "Marijuana is a drug that clouds people's judgment. It affects their ability to concentrate and react and it certainly has impacts on third parties," says Hay, who has written on the societal costs of drug abuse. "It's one more drug that will add to the toll on society. All we have to do is look at the two legalized drugs, tobacco and alcohol, and look at the carnage that they've caused. [Marijuana] is a dangerous drug and it causes bad outcomes for both the people who use it and for the people who are in their way at work or other activities." He adds: "There are probably some responsible people who can handle marijuana but there are lots of people who can't, and it has an enormous negative impact on them, their family and loved ones."

In response, retired Orange County Superior Court Judge James Gray, a longtime proponent of legalization, estimates that legalizing pot and thus ceasing to arrest, prosecute and imprison non-violent offenders could save the state an additional $1 billion a year. "We couldn't make this drug any more available if we tried," he says. "Not only do we have those problems, along with glamorizing it by making it illegal, but we also have the crime and corruption that go along with it." He adds, "Unfortunately, every society in the history of mankind has had some form of mind-altering, sometimes addictive substances to use, to misuse, abuse or get addicted to. Get used to it. They're here to stay. So, let's try to reduce those harms and right now we couldn't do it worse if we tried."

:clapping: I GOTS to think the red-eyed governator wouldn't have too much trouble signing this one into law. :clapping:

Drunken_Ninja

Turbo Monkey
Aug 25, 2002
Is Cutting-Edge Marijuana Lab the Future of Legitimate Pot?
http://www.alternet.org/drugreporter/130163

If pot is truly medicine, shouldn't it be standardized? A lab has big plans to test the potency of Cali cannabis sold in dispensaries.

At downtown Oakland's Harborside Health Center, the hairy green buds have numbers. The new nomenclature beckons viewers from within seven gleaming glass display cases. Antiseptic white placards boast authoritative black digits. Each stands erect next to a Petri dish of high-octane "White Rhino" or "Afgooey Super Melt." They read: 7 percent, 11 percent, 18 percent, or 21 percent. Even 80 percent.

"80 percent THC?" asks a potential customer. He's referring to delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol — the main psychoactive ingredient in marijuana.

"That's a concentrate," reminds Stephen DeAngelo, proud owner of the three-year-old collective. DeAngelo's facility boasts 20,000 members and grossed more than $10 million last year. Even amid the recession, lines are a constant phenomenon and DeAngelo is looking to double his space. Hundreds of new customers sign up monthly, attracted partly by the immaculate facility: its savvy, well-paid "budtenders" and $40, eighth-ounce pot dosages. But part of the appeal is the new placards — the result of a disruptive new service by Harborside's partners at the Analytical Laboratory Project.

"For the first time in the 3,000-year history of human cannabis consumption, consumers will be provided a scientific assessment of the safety and potency of products prior to ingesting them," DeAngelo announced in December.

In the months since, DeAngelo's patrons have enjoyed mankind's most detailed product information thanks to the country's first commercial marijuana lab. Arrest and jail remain a constant worry for him and the lab's two owners. But they believe that if pot is truly medicine, it needs quality assurance and dosage information. The Analytical Laboratory Project wants to be the source of that information. The lab's ultimate goal is to provide testing for half of the 300 dispensaries in California.

Behind DeAngelo, a cross section of the East Bay shuffles in and out of the pot club's well-lit main floor. They buy briskly and nonchalantly, as though it's a bank or a pharmacy. Powerful, normative forces have begun to transform the $65 billion domestic black market in ganja. DeAngelo and his partners want to be the custodians of that transformation.

Indeed, positive hits for pathogenic mold are already changing grower operations. "You smoke ten random samples of cannabis and you've most likely smoked aspergillus [mold]," said Dave, one of the lab's two founders. "It's in there, often at unacceptable levels. Now it's up to the industry to respond. We also are not in a position where we want to make enemies and piss people off. We want to see it happen in the best way for the movement and the industry to kind of just naturally evolve."

While the distributed nature of California's cannabis supply network obviously benefits mom-and-pop growers, it doesn't encourage quality assurance. Consequently, Dave and his peers believe that some pot consumers are in danger.

"It's expensive to test every single thing that comes through the door — that's the price you pay with a decentralized supply system," Dave said. "But that's what you've got. You've got five pounds coming from here and two from there and one individual. I mean, a dog walks in the grow room, and wags its tail — anything can be coming off that dog's tail. It's gross. Fertilizers with E. coli. Compost teas that they don't make right, anaerobic tea that has elevated levels of E. coli and salmonella. It has to come. There's no way that this is sustainable. All it takes is one story of immune-compromised people dying from aspergillus infection. The myth that cannabis hasn't killed a single person in 3,000 years is allowed to go on. Well, it's not cannabis that kills people, it's all the **** that's in it."

Talk about a buzz kill.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
If the goods smell at all like ammonia, they haven't been properly dried and cured and should not be toked. Part of what has saved stoners from aspergillus sickness is that the more healthy folks tend to smoke it(the burning of which kills it before absorption) and the less healthy eat it(where stomach acid/digestion kills it). I know it is fun to vaporize but eventually, someone won't do so at a hot enough temperature or filter it through a waterpipe and will suck in a dose of mold spores that may sicken or kill 'em. I know vaporizing has become the next big thing but it's frankly less safe despite the advertising to the contrary which focuses on the smokeless, supposedly less unhealthy hit. I'd rather stick to smoking and eating joy sparingly and just not do so from dawn 'til dusk giving myself emphysema and a smokers' cough...this, of course, coming from the guy who hasn't burned since the Superbowl. :hmm:

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
phew..thank god i didnt go to the cannibus cup in toronto, ive decided to go back to Amsterdam in June before my friend's wedding in France...what a rough life....oh, we're then going to Morzine to ride for a week

Drunken_Ninja

Turbo Monkey
Aug 25, 2002
phew..thank god i didnt go to the cannibus cup in toronto, ive decided to go back to Amsterdam in June before my friend's wedding in France...what a rough life....oh, we're then going to Morzine to ride for a week
that is only a million times better thing to do!

I am glad that I didn't buy a ticket either. I got me a hookah bong and alot of weed instead. It may be gone by now but I feel...bettah

Drunken_Ninja

Turbo Monkey
Aug 25, 2002
Well it seems that most of us here cannot get medically exempted. The question remains what should the government be doing to recognize recreational smokers? I would like to see the government of Canada Legalize marijuana for everyone. However can we all agree on how they should do it? What should be their modern view?

Well I have been thinking about it more intensely as of lately and I firmly believe that we would all scream it would be unfair to tax cannabis. Here is my proposal. Recreational user cards for a yearly fee enabling the cardholder to use fully the existing resources such as legal growers and compassion clubs as their dispensaries. The government is in the business already of selling licenses and the amount of pressure put on doctors to 'hand out' drugs is something they dont like. This would certainly enable people waiting for medical cards that are coming in the mail to possess it and purchase it. It would mean alot less pressure on doctors to 'sign' papers that they don't want to sign at all.

What are your views?

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
your post would be more effective with this jpeg....

If the goods smell at all like ammonia, they haven't been properly dried and cured and should not be toked. Part of what has saved stoners from aspergillus sickness is that the more healthy folks tend to smoke it(the burning of which kills it before absorption) and the less healthy eat it(where stomach acid/digestion kills it). I know it is fun to vaporize but eventually, someone won't do so at a hot enough temperature or filter it through a waterpipe and will suck in a dose of mold spores that may sicken or kill 'em. I know vaporizing has become the next big thing but it's frankly less safe despite the advertising to the contrary which focuses on the smokeless, supposedly less unhealthy hit. I'd rather stick to smoking and eating joy sparingly and just not do so from dawn 'til dusk giving myself emphysema and a smokers' cough...this, of course, coming from the guy who hasn't burned since the Superbowl. :hmm:

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
not smoking sucks! its been a week since ive been off the wagon.

i just gotta think positive thoughts about being able to breathe again while i race/ride

jerseydirt

Turbo Monkey
May 6, 2007
dirty jerz
not smoking sucks! its been a week since ive been off the wagon.

i just gotta think positive thoughts about being able to breathe again while i race/ride
I agree 100%. You cannot smoke and then pedal the next day. I am on the 2 month mark because I started doing a little bit of training. After 3 weeks, you regain your short term memory and you feel like a genius!

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I agree 100%. You cannot smoke and then pedal the next day. I am on the 2 month mark because I started doing a little bit of training. After 3 weeks, you regain your short term memory and you feel like a genius!
meh....it is overrated. been without for longer than i can remember. guess i am officially no longer a pot head.:twitch:

jerseydirt

Turbo Monkey
May 6, 2007
dirty jerz
the one HUGE downfall is that my anger level is off the f-ing chart. on a scale of 1-10, i was 9.5 w/ it...im at a 20 without it
thats hella gnar. Anger helps me when I race. PSP threw a fycking rock at me in the middle of the main rock garden where all focus is need. So I politely said "fyck you pinkshirt!" and I pedaled so hard after that. I wore myself out before I could gather the energy to hit him.