Quantcast

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
that is the worst part. i have been forced into the square life, although luck might shine on my jar this weekend.

Drunken_Ninja

Turbo Monkey
Aug 25, 2002
Hangin' with Riggs and Mertah
Fred you need an online budbuddy to mail it to you. I thought most people were getting it that way nowadays. I keep finding friendly strangers online who are willing and capable anyway. I dont suppose you have never put ganja on an anonymous credit card b4?:popcorn:

Last edited:

Mulestar

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2007
in the dirt
I agree 100%. You cannot smoke and then pedal the next day.
Definitely untrue. I know cats that eat bong rips for breakfast before 3 hour xc rides with several thousand feet of climbing.

I think the loss of motivation is more of a detriment.

Maybe college in a hippie town is just mad toke-training and I don't notice it anymore.

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Fred you need an online budbuddy to mail it to you. I thought most people were getting it that way nowadays. I keep finding friendly strangers online who are willing and capable anyway. I dont suppose you have never put ganja on an anonymous credit card b4?:popcorn:
I am a paranoid s.o.b. so I won't even consider it. :disgust1:

My neighbor brought me over a couple chunks of some dank this weekend. That was very nice. Did a bag & traveled around the galaxy for a bit then ate like 5 bowls of cereal. :D

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Just interesting? Did you know the strain?

I didn't know AZ was a medical state.
Tasty, but it did not hit me at first (like most bong hits as I'm a lightweight as I smoke little these days) and then it was a nice airy high that didn't slam me into bed like most goodness does after a couple drinks.

We're not a medical state, so I paid a premium to try it out.... :monkeydance:

jerseydirt

Turbo Monkey
May 6, 2007
dirty jerz
Tasty, but it did not hit me at first (like most bong hits as I'm a lightweight as I smoke little these days) and then it was a nice airy high that didn't slam me into bed like most goodness does after a couple drinks.

Yeah, thats what happened to me, it makes you happy and slighlty energetic.

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO

It is all medicinal. I think some folks are using the whole "medical pot" label just to jack up the price. The prices I have seen from some of the clinics in Cali are pretty much spot on with the black market prices.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
April 20th?! I'm heading out for a 20 mile ride later today. Going to go explore the mountain and see how much snow has melted. Thats all the spinning I'll be doing today. Enjoy ya'll

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
A friend stopped by last night & blazed a bowl of Master Kush with me. It was by far some of the best pot I have smoked. I woke up to pee at 3 & still felt blazed (fell asleep at 10). It was a total couchlock, relaxing buzz & they taste was phenomenal like smoking a pine bough. :drool:

Drunken_Ninja

Turbo Monkey
Aug 25, 2002
Hangin' with Riggs and Mertah
Know Your Cannabis
How To Consume Medicinal Cannabis in a Responsible Way

Types of Cannabis:
Marijuana is generally defined as the dried flowers of the hemp plant, Cannabis sativa. The most important distinction for Cannabis sativa varieties is between "Sativa" and "Indica." Their origin and effects are quite different from one another. There is amazing variation in the Cannabis sativa species, and amazing potential for its therapeutic use. The following is a general guide:

Cannabis sativa Indica

Appearance:
- shorter, stockier plant reaching heights of 1-2 metres
- wide, deeply serrated leaves
- dense flower clusters (tight buds)

Effects (lower THC, higher CBN/CBD):
- generally more physical than cerebral (however, the relief of physical symptoms can have a positive psychological effect)
- sedation, pain relief and relaxation
- best for later in the day and bedtime
- perhaps better for anxiety than depression

Benefits:
- reduces pain
- muscle relaxant
- relieves spasms, reduces seizures
- reduces inflammation
- aids sleep
- reduces anxiety and stress
- reduces nausea
- stimulates appetite
- relieves headaches and migraines
- reduces intra-occular pressure
- bronchio-dilator and expectorant

Cannabis sativa Sativa

Appearance:
- taller, lankier, potentially reaching heights of over 5 metres
- narrow serrated leaves
- loose flower clusters

Effects (high THC, low CBN/CBD):
- more stimulating and uplifting
- energizing and thought provoking
- increases focus and creativity
- supports immune system
- best for use in daytime

Benefits:
- reduces nausea
- stimulates the appetite
- fights depression
- positive, uplifting, cerebral effect
- energizes and stimulates
- promotes creativity
- relieves headaches and migraines
- relaxes muscles, relieves pain
- acts as an expectorant

Selecting the Best Strain and Dosage
The efficacy of cannabis is directly related to strain selection. Care should be taken when selecting strains that will benefit you. Potency and dosage vary with different strains, conditions and individuals. The idea is to consume as little as possible of the most appropriately potent strains available in order to reduce costs and potential side effects.

Hybrid Strain Crosses:
Most cannabis seeds and medicine available today are from hybrids - crosses of Sativa and Indica varieties. This allows cultivators to enjoy and select for various desired characteristics of growth, appearance and effect. The genetics and hence the effects of one lineage will usually be dominant. For example: Indica-dominant crosses are for pain relief, with the sativa component helping with energy and activity levels. Sativa-dominant crosses are good for stimulating appetite, with the indica component helping to reduce body pain and increase relaxation.

Cannabis has been proven helpful in relieving the symptoms of thousands of conditions, including:
- pain from various ailments and injuries
- arthritis, bursitis
- migraines
- multiple sclerosis
- Hepatitis C
- fibromyalgia
- mental/emotional health issues including anxiety, stress, depression, hyperactive and hormonal disorders
- nausea and low appetite
- HIV/AIDS
- cancer and chemotherapy
- crohn's
- muscular dystrophy
- epilepsy. parkinson's,
- asthma, emphysema,
- glaucoma and other intra-ocular disorders
- skin diseases such as pruritis and psoriasis
- back pain and muscle spasms
- paraplegia and quadriplegia
- insomnia and other sleep disorders

Active ingredients: (Cannabinoids)
There are approximately 60 identified cannabinoids and each of an infinite number of strains of cannabis has its own cannabinoid profile. The active cannabinoids each have unique physiological effects and many combinations actually appear to have synergystic and antagonistic effects.

Delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC):
Euphoric, stimulant, muscle relaxant, anti-epileptic, anti-emetic, anti- inflammatory, appetite stimulating, bronchio-dilating, hypotensive, anti- depressant and analgesic effects.

Cannabidiol (CBD):
Lessens the psychoactive effects of THC, sedative and analgesic effects.

Cannabichromene (CBC):
Promotes the effects of THC and has sedative and analgesic effects.

Cannabigerol (CBG):
Has sedative effects and anti-microbial properties as well as lowering intra-ocular pressure. CBG is the biogenetic precursor of all other cannabinoids.

Cannabinol (CBN):
A mildly psychoactive degradation of THC, it's primary effects are as an anti-epileptic, and to lower intra-ocular pressure.

Systems of Delivery:

Smoke it:
Smoking is the most common method used because of convenience, rapid onset, and greater control over dosage. The short-term effects may last up to a few hours. Cannabis may be cut or ground up then rolled into a 'cigarette' or 'joint,' the narrower the better for efficiency. Choose rolling papers that are as thin and narrow as you can manage, made from unbleached hemp or rice, and with non-toxic vegetable- based glue. Pipes and water-pipes are useful for smoking small quantities. Glass pipes are the most hygienic and easiest to keep clean. Water pipes can cool the smoke to ease intake, but their filtering and humidifying effects may be counter-productive.

Vaporize it:
A vaporizer will pass heated air through yourcannabis, releasing the active chemicals without the unwanted heat, destruction of cannabinoids, and by- products of combustion associated with smoking. Hot-air vaporizing is healthier and more efficient than smoking.

Eat it:
This method is effective for people who would rather not smoke, and provides more of a body effect, pain relief, for a longer amount of time. Effects are felt in about an hour and may last up to 8 hours. The active ingredients can be extracted into fat or alcohol, dramatically increasing digestibility and effect. Cannabis infused oils, butters and alcohols can be used in making food laden with THC, substituted wherever a non-potent version is called for, or ingested on their own. A near-empty stomach is best for assimilation and comfort. Cannabis seed is very healthy, high in efficiently digested 'essential fatty acids."

Others:
Alcohol infused 'tinctures,' depending on their base and strength, can be drank, dropped under the tongue (sublingual), or applied topically (as can other preparations). Different people and conditions respond to different methods. In most cases, it is worth-while to determine which system of delivery is the most effective for the individual.

Safe Use
Cannabis may impair your ability to drive or operate machinery. Cannabis mixed with alcohol may magnify the effects of alcohol,and may also cause nausea. Those receiving digitalis or other cardiac medications should use cannabis under careful supervision by a medical doctor. With any system of delivery, the individual should investigate their personal levels of tolerance and effect. Cannabis foods should be eaten by starting with a small bite, then waiting at least an hour before eating more. If too much cannabis is consumed remember that nobody has ever died from it, just relax in a comfortable spot and drink something sweet, it won't take long to wear off.

Improper storage, method of delivery, or quality control can lead to lung problems. Never share cannabis in such a way as to allow the transmission of pathogens. Cannabis grown with great care taken regarding choice of nutrients (organic or otherwise) and other practices, will help avoid potential toxicity; especially important for people with compromised immune systems. NEVER consume wet (twigs must snap) or mouldy cannabis. Always buy properly cured, additive-free, well-grown cannabis.

Side Effects
There are some side effects of cannabis that are not necessarily therapeutic and can be mitigated through awareness.

Cannabis may cause; dizziness and drowsiness; a decrease in co-ordination and cognition; short term memory loss; anxiety and/or paranoia. It may have psychoactive effects (a 'high' which those unaccustomed to intoxication may find takes some getting used to), and the initial increase in heart rate and/or blood pressure may be problematic for those with nerve or heart conditions or severe anxiety. Ingested cannabis tends to take effect later, but lasts longer than smoked cannabis. People with liver problems should perhaps not ingest cannabis. There are no significant withdrawal effects when cannabis use is decreased or ceased