Quantcast

CurbJumper

Turbo Monkey
Aug 31, 2010
Central FL
Day 2: I caved.

I figure I have about 5 weeks until my first test so I'm smoking for the rest of the weekend at least. I'm a lean guy and have had to take a government-regulated test before within 2 weeks and I passed, so I feel like I'm alright. I won't push it though, especially when all I can get around here is "good mids" :rolleyes: that aren't anything more than decent regs on big-ass stems (that make up most of the weight. asshole.)

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Day 2: I caved.

I figure I have about 5 weeks until my first test so I'm smoking for the rest of the weekend at least. I'm a lean guy and have had to take a government-regulated test before within 2 weeks and I passed, so I feel like I'm alright. I won't push it though, especially when all I can get around here is "good mids" :rolleyes: that aren't anything more than decent regs on big-ass stems (that make up most of the weight. asshole.)
lol...
i timed myself with those home tests from Wal-Greens last time I was job hunting & I am clean at day 8. I have low body fat (<7% easy) so I am sure that helps.

My brother just got a job & called me up & was like "how do I pass my piss test?" ....""quick smoking pot!" is what I told him. :D He ended up buying synthetic piss at a head shop & it worked. Best $35 he ever spent.

Rideforfun

Monkey
Nov 23, 2009
super silver haze? jackpot!

i havent had the sticky icky in a real long time!
:thumb: In the past 3 weeks as far as named strains go I've had Sharks breath and Mean Green Martian as well as some just assorted dankness. NC Mountain buds are legit... :p

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
I still need to try rock climbing high.
lol when I used to climb a lot and I couldn't get past a hard move my friends and I would "power up" with a bowl and then go at it again. Sometimes it worked sometimes it wouldn't.

Just don't even bother with any sort of lead climbing where your head really has to be in the game.

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
lol when I used to climb a lot and I couldn't get past a hard move my friends and I would "power up" with a bowl and then go at it again. Sometimes it worked sometimes it wouldn't.

Just don't even bother with any sort of lead climbing where your head really has to be in the game.
I get my mind right on the lift at northstar before going balls out on a run.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
I get my mind right on the lift at northstar before going balls out on a run.
The effects of pot on riding or skiing are much more predictable than the effects on climbing.

Riding you can get in the flow and be fast but climbing, sometimes you just have to crank HARD, no flow just pain and determination. That's not always easy to do when high.

CurbJumper

Turbo Monkey
Aug 31, 2010
Central FL
meh, I'm part of the minority that can toke and do pretty much anything. I might not necessarily be better at it, but I think I am and that makes it more enjoyable. My gal thinks I'm weird after we burn one down and I ask if she wants to go for a ride. She always says the same thing,"why couldn't you ask me before we smoked?" Because getting toked gets me stoked, that's why.

Oh BTW, my "Pre-Trial Diversion Program" doesn't start until a month AFTER I get the letter from the county saying so. It could be anywhere from 6-8 weeks before I see my first drug test so I'm back on the wagon for at least another week. :D

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I LOVE skiing,riding,hiking,running,etc while stoned...But I guess it depends on the ganj or the situation.
For instance, on one of my last days of the season last year at Powderhorn, I toked up on the lift (slooooow lift so lots of time to get stoned :D ) & then started my run much later & was enjoying some turns, just cruising when about halfway down the mountain I hit this run that was a little bit steeper & a lot more exposed....I looked out over the valley & wiped out. I was having a touch of vertigo & it took some resolve to get down that section. Dunno why it freaked me out, coulda' been lots of things but I think being high had something to do with it. I was also hung over & the last time I had a bout with vertigo like that I was both stoned & hungover.

Last edited:

TheTruth

Turbo Monkey
Jun 15, 2009
I'm waving. Can you see me now?
Touche, sorry. I'm not familiar with that climbing term.
Get it together man!!

The only thing I am really good at when I am stoned is spitting. Yes, spitting. for some reason, out of nowhere, I will spit like 20 feet. It is by far the most unimpressive, yet impressive thing I have ever done. Everything else I suck at while high. I need better bud I guess.

There was only one time when I "smoked dat kush" and I shredded my face off at a skatepark. I have also shredded xc hella hard when I was really high once as well. My climbing abilities on a bike seem to be infinite when I am high.

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Bought a new bowl for my binger today. been a long time since taking a bong rip. soooooo nice. gonna get an ash catcher soon cuz I finally got the thing smell halfway decent.

H-A-F right now...yeah....

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
Gatta love harvest!!! A friend of mine gave me a pound of trimmings, so this called for a super potent batch of brownies. The green stuff on the top is the butter I just made, the brown stuff is water/ plant mater.

The method I used to make the butter was to bring a pot of water with 2 sticks of butter to a light boil, add trim, and boil lightly for 1-2 hours (i usually go closer to 2) then you strain out the big plant matter and toss the water/ bud butter into the fridge.

This does several things, by putting the plant matter and water together it allows you to put way more bud (a pound of trim in 2 sticks of butter) in less butter, as well as keeping all the water soluble flavors out of the butter and in the water. You end up with a more potent butter that tastes better.

Attachments

CurbJumper

Turbo Monkey
Aug 31, 2010
Central FL
^^ Yeah that's awesome. I saw the entire clip earlier, I'll try and find it...

btw, toked at the moment. I actually found some good mids that weren't actually regs. It's like what some would call "christmas bud" (kind buds that were picked a little too early). Still potent, taste isn't so good, but the buzz is solid.

Rideforfun

Monkey
Nov 23, 2009

btw, toked at the moment. I actually found some good mids that weren't actually regs. It's like what some would call "christmas bud" (kind buds that were picked a little too early). Still potent, taste isn't so good, but the buzz is solid.
Florida must be bad for buds.... :(

CurbJumper

Turbo Monkey
Aug 31, 2010
Central FL
Florida must be bad for buds.... :(
Not at all, in Ft. Lauderdale I could get whatever, whenever. It is tough in small ass towns like this crap-hole I moved to a year ago, though. My dude for (really) good buds was at a halloween party/trail jam all day so I called a fellow classmate who can sometimes get. He said it was this shizz or "blueberry" somethin-or-other (for $30/gram :rolleyes:) so I went with this to hold me over. Everybody in my town calls dirt-ass regs "mids" so I was surprised when I saw this stuff. Its actually a lot better than I initially thought. It's nowhere near the best but a nice J did the trick. I also just made a tea (reg. hot tea, not 'special') and toked a bowl to relax for the night. Current status: HAF. :tinfoil:

Last edited:

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Looks like if the people/beer companies are really concerned about the public the first item on their agenda should be to shut down beer and other alcoholic beverage companies before working against Prop 19:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=130972513

NPR said:
Alcohol Is More Lethal Than Heroin, Study Finds
by The Associated Press

Alcohol is more dangerous than illegal drugs like heroin and crack cocaine, according to a new study.

British experts evaluated substances including alcohol, cocaine, heroin, ecstasy and marijuana, ranking them based on how destructive they are to the individual who takes them and to society as a whole.

Researchers analyzed how addictive a drug is and how it harms the human body, in addition to other criteria like environmental damage caused by the drug, its role in breaking up families and its economic costs, such as health care, social services, and prison.

Heroin, crack cocaine and methamphetamine, or crystal meth, were the most lethal to individuals. When considering their wider social effects, alcohol, heroin and crack cocaine were the deadliest. But overall, alcohol outranked all other substances, followed by heroin and crack cocaine. Marijuana, ecstasy and LSD scored far lower.

The study was paid for by Britain's Centre for Crime and Justice Studies and was published online Monday in the medical journal, Lancet.

Experts said alcohol scored so high because it is so widely used and has devastating consequences not only for drinkers but for those around them.

"Just think about what happens [with alcohol] at every football game," said Wim van den Brink, a professor of psychiatry and addiction at the University of Amsterdam. He was not linked to the study and co-authored a commentary in the Lancet.

When drunk in excess, alcohol damages nearly all organ systems. It is also connected to higher death rates and is involved in a greater percentage of crime than most other drugs, including heroin.

But experts said it would be impractical and incorrect to outlaw alcohol.

"We cannot return to the days of prohibition," said Leslie King, an adviser to the European Monitoring Centre for Drugs and one of the study's authors. "Alcohol is too embedded in our culture and it won't go away."

King said countries should target problem drinkers, not the vast majority of people who indulge in a drink or two. He said governments should consider more education programs and raising the price of alcohol so it isn't as widely available.

Experts said the study should prompt countries to reconsider how they classify drugs. For example, last year in Britain, the government increased its penalties for the possession of marijuana. One of its senior advisers, David Nutt &#8212; the lead author on the Lancet study &#8212; was fired after he criticized the British decision.

"What governments decide is illegal is not always based on science," said van den Brink. He said considerations about revenue and taxation, like those garnered from the alcohol and tobacco industries, may influence decisions about which substances to regulate or outlaw.

"Drugs that are legal cause at least as much damage, if not more, than drugs that are illicit," he said.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now

Crystal Guess speaks during a news conference to launch the Women's Marijuana Movement in the State Capitol in downtown Denver, Colorado on May 6, 2010. Moms got tougher drunk-driving laws on the books and were directly responsible for passing and then repealing alcohol Prohibition. Now marijuana activists are trying to enlist the nation's mothers in legalization efforts with a sales pitch that pot is safer than booze.

TheTruth

Turbo Monkey
Jun 15, 2009
I'm waving. Can you see me now?

Same here man. I was hitting this roor last night and the bud smelled great but I was just not that high. Maybe I was, because I kept thinking about how weird everything was and that everyone was telling the worst jokes I have ever heard in my life. Actually, now that I think of hit, I was HAF.

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
someone is having fun this weekend.
Oh boy did I. The shortbread cookies I made definitely ended up being tied for the most potent edible I've ever had (except these didn't make me puke like the others) I spend about 2.5 hours being way higher than I wanted to be. At one Friday afternoon. Woke up high as hell still Saturday morning, stayed high till 1 or 2 PM. Next time I'm eating half. I gave a bunch away to my friends and I still have probably 40 left, I should be set for edibles for the next 2 years

???

I'm going to the ballot box tomorrow to legalize that sh!t WOOT !!
I just voted NOT to legalize it. I like getting my bud from the dude up the block, he's got 10 different kinds 50 cool stories and they aren't some nasty Marlboro greens

fortenndu

Turbo Monkey
Apr 22, 2008
Boone, NC
Oh boy did I. The shortbread cookies I made definitely ended up being tied for the most potent edible I've ever had (except these didn't make me puke like the others) I spend about 2.5 hours being way higher than I wanted to be. At one Friday afternoon. Woke up high as hell still Saturday morning, stayed high till 1 or 2 PM. Next time I'm eating half. I gave a bunch away to my friends and I still have probably 40 left, I should be set for edibles for the next 2 years

I just voted NOT to legalize it. I like getting my bud from the dude up the block, he's got 10 different kinds 50 cool stories and they aren't some nasty Marlboro greens
You are a ****ing moron. Honestly, how stupid are you?