Quantcast

bmxracer62

Monkey
Feb 11, 2008
Back in college, we used to get a bounce fabric softener sheet or two, cover one end of an empty paper towel roll with a rubber band and exhale the smoke into it. Made the smoke smell very snuggly.

we call them spoofs. super effective. we used to smoke out the bathrooms on the tour buses for ski club, our teachers had no clue! it smelt like laundry!

bmxracer62

Monkey
Feb 11, 2008
ooh, interesting thread. as a fellow mtber, i support marijuana use for those who use it. ive smoked for going on 7 years now. i consider myself a responsable user. i smoke everyday when i get home from work. i dont drive with it, i dont bring it anywhere. Im a bit of a "weed snob". i will only toke on exotics, and i pefer to smoke out of glass and water only. i am a dh/bmx racer so it does effect my respitory system, very minimal though. my legs will give out before my lungs do, so dont have to worry about it that much. im not trying to make a living out of racing. i am a grower as well. drying and curing romulan and pink kush right now. my favorite buds of all time have to be Kush and Hash Plant. coulnt mistake those smells or tastes if i tried. i use my gravity bong more than any other piece i have. it is the most efficient bong in existence. i do have lots of respect for anybody who chooses not to smoke or associate with pot. most do not realize that it is a beautiful complex flower with remarkable smell and gorgeous colors and glistening trichromes. sorry i could go all day on this subject, but im going home and toking!
sorry, i forgot my #1 favorite bud of all time, Jack Herer. by far the best ive ever smoked, ever. its very hard to put that label on a strain, but good ole' Jack takes #1!

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
mmm ny diesel from buffalo/Niagara falls and cny skunk #1 from Ithaca. fresh turkey sammiches too. fresh Labatts signature porter to relieve the sleep....

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Silver Haze is in my jar right now. Really great headie smoke but the lack of a decent cure makes me angry.

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
make the thc oil then just make any easy brownie that requires oil. thats how i make them. i cook a gram in a few tablespoons of vegitabe oil. then i strain it though a coffee strainier. then i put it in the mix. i just smoked some stuff i think wsa sllaced cause im rtrippin right nw ive never taken anything aharder than weed. freakay

crkt

Monkey
Nov 5, 2008
In the woods
^^ yeah but cooking that sh*t reeeeeks, i just tried a new recipe. saltines with peanut butter and a joints worth sandwiched in between. cooked it at 350 for half an hour anybody tried this before?

didnt stink a bit either

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
Amsterdam moves to close a fifth of 'coffee shops'
By TOBY STERLING, Associated Press Writer

AMSTERDAM, Netherlands – Amsterdam will close almost a fifth of its marijuana cafes to comply with a national ban on having them near schools, the mayor said Friday.

Another city, Eindhoven, said it would start issuing permits to marijuana growers in order to better regulate the trade — if the national government approves.

The plans were announced as 33 major Dutch cities held a "weed summit" to discuss the nation's long-standing policy of tolerating marijuana use while routinely arresting growers.

Marijuana is technically illegal in the Netherlands, but can be sold in small amounts in designated cafes — euphemistically known as "coffee shops" — without fear of prosecution. More than a quarter of the country's cafes are in Amsterdam, where they are a major tourist attraction.

But Mayor Job Cohen said the city would close about 20 percent of its cafes.

Those included some landmarks, such as The Bulldog — a high-traffic shop operating since 1985 in a former police station on one of the city's main squares.

Letters have been sent to 43 shops located within 250 meters (yards) of a high school informing them they will have to close by the end of 2011 if they cannot successfully appeal the decision, Amsterdam spokeswoman Iris Reshef said. Though she added that the city did not have any major problems with the cafes.

But other cities closer to the Netherlands' borders have expressed frustration at being bombarded by "drug tourists" from Germany, France or Belgium seeking to stock up on marijuana — an often finding ways to bypass a 5 gram (1/5 ounce) purchase limit.

"If the border areas shut down tomorrow, then (inland cities) Den Helder and Almere will soon be suffering," said Mayor Geert Leers of the southern border city Maastricht.

Representatives at the summit Friday in Almere, 20 kilometers (12 miles) east of Amsterdam, also discussed the policy of arresting growers, which left cafes with no way to legally source their most lucrative product.

Eindhoven Mayor Rob van Gijzel said his city wanted to set up a pilot scheme of issuing permits to growers.

"People will be able to ask for a permit to grow for fixed prices," he said after the summit. "It'll be regulated in terms of produce and revenues, but also movement, in transports to the coffee shops."

Amsterdam backed the idea of expanding the tolerance policy to growers, the city spokeswoman said, noting it could help keep organized crime out.

"We don't have any insight to what goes on behind the back door," Reshef said. "What we need is a closed supply chain."

But the national government must approve the scheme, and it was unclear how long that could take or if it was even likely. Polls suggest most voters support decriminalizing marijuana cultivation, but the coalition government is led by the conservative Christian Democrats, which opposes it.

Justice Minister Ernst Hirsch Ballin said Thursday he had "no intention" of changing national marijuana policy.

The Dutch Parliament voted to regulate growers once before in 2005, but the government refused, saying it would lead to a confrontation with the European Union.

According to data compiled by the Netherlands' Trimbos Institute for Mental Health and Addiction, after 30 years of the Dutch tolerance policy, usage rates here are somewhere in the middle of international norms — above those in Germany and the Scandinavian countries, but below those of France, Britain and the United States.

:huh:

Drunken_Ninja

Turbo Monkey
Aug 25, 2002
Hangin' with Riggs and Mertah
Green Dragon

This is a simple and efficient 4 Step process.

Ingredients:
1/8oz high quality cannabis
2 oz Bacardi Rum – 151 proof

Double the Recipe?
Sure, why not. It should be fine. But I prefer to err on the side of caution and would probably do the extraction twice with a self-titration in between runs.

Using an Ounce
The recipe should scale nicely from 1/8 to whole ounce. But, unless you have experience with smaller batches I'd recommend sticking with the recipe as written. It would be a shame to have something go wrong with a large batch. I strongly recommend making the GD a couple of times before trying to scale up.

Process Summary:

1. Chop cannabis very fine (coffee grinder works great)
2. Place in a shallow pan or aluminum foil and bake at 325°F for 5 minutes.
3. Remove from oven and place cannabis in 2 oz of 151 proof rum
4. Simmer in a water bath for 20 minutes. Maintain temperature of the rum/cannabis mixture between 170°F.
5. Strain the mixture and store.

Process details—references and rationalizations:

1. Chop the cannabis
More surface area gives means a faster and more efficient extraction.
-Leaf vs. Bud
I have not tried the extraction with leaf. But you would obviously need loads more. The problem is you will also need much more alcohol. My guess is you should use somewhere on the order of 10 parts alcohol to 1 part leaf. Then once you are finished you will want to remove the spent leaf, and then concentrate the alcohol by boiling off most of it (using the water bath of course) until you have one ounce of GD remaining.

2. Bake the cannabis.
This converts THCA to THC via a decarboxylation reaction.
In whole-plant cannabis, THC content is expressed as THCA (tetrahydrocannabolic acid) prior to decarboxylation into THC, which takes place when cannabis is heated during cooking, and smoked or vaporized ingestion. THCA is a mild analgesic and anti-inflammatory but does not have good affinity with our CB1 receptors, so in order to make a THC-rich tincture that has many of the same therapeutic effects as smoked ingestion (including rapid absorption, quick relief and ease of self-titration), we must convert the THCA in the plant matter into THC prior to extracting it through an alcohol soak. (from Vancouver Island Compassion Society hxxp://thevics.com/cannamist.htm)
THC vaporizes at about 380°F. We want to heat the cannabis to convert THCA to THC, but keep the temperature under 380°F. That is why 325°F is used. Between four and five minutes your oven (and house) will start to smell very strong. This is the time to remove the cannabis from the oven.

Notice also that there is considerable misinformation regarding heating the cannabis. It is true that you don't have to heat it to extract both THC and THCA, but the amount of THC in whole plant preparations is relatively small compared to after decarboxylation of the THCA. So if you want to maximize the strength of your tincture you must heat the cannabis prior to extraction.

Bake the pot at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for 5 minutes. I chop mine in a mini-prep (or chop by hand) until it is quite fine. Then I spread it out on a piece of aluminum foil which is placed directly on the oven rack. If you place the foil on a baking pan you will need to account for the additional mass of the pan which will increase your baking time. Pre-baking should stink up the house. I turn on the stove vent fan. I also do all my cooking at night after neighbors are in bed. Keep a close eye on it!

I look for two indicators that the pot is properly pre-baked. First, I look for the pot to change color from it's initial shade of green to a much darker greenish-brown (or brownish-green). I assume this represents not browning (burning) of the leaf but rather the denaturation of the chlorophyll in the leaves.

Second, I look for a slight amount of vapors to rise off the pot. Since the temperature is well below the vaporization temperature of THC, these vapors probably consist of compounds that vaporize at lower temperatures (like water).

3. Use the highest proof alcohol available.
Where I live this is Bacardi 151. The more alcohol the more efficient the extraction will be.

4. Simmer the mixture.
This is one of the areas that seems to be most debated. Many recipes call for placing the cannabis (unbaked of course) into the alcohol and waiting 2 – 6 weeks. The main concern with heating the alcohol is that it is “explosive” (not exactly true...it is however flammable).

The purpose of the simmering is to heat the alcohol mixture to improve extraction rates and efficiencies. Heating during extraction increases the motion of the molecules (basic physics/chemistry) and drastically decreases extraction times. The boiling point of pure ethanol is 173°F (78°C). We will use the water bath to heat the rum/cannabis mixture to just below the boiling point of ethanol.

Heating the alcohol mixture can be done very safely using a hot water bath. You will need an accurate candy or quick read thermometer. Place about 1 inch of water in a wide, vertical-edged pan (9” diameter x 3” high). Bring the water to a low simmer. The rum/cannabis mixture should be in a small (1 pint) mason jar. Do NOT cover the jar.

Put the thermometer into the mason jar and place into the simmering water bath. Bring the temperature of the rum/cannabis mixture to about 170°F. The alcohol should be just barely boiling.

You should have the oven fan on high. You will notice that any alcohol fumes are mixed with water vapor from the water bath and vented out the fan. This combined with the fact that you are trying not to boil the ethanol makes the process quite safe.

I've had good success with extractions at 170 degrees fahrenheit. You'll note that my initial recipe called for maintaining temperature between 150 and 165. At 170 the alcohol mixture will be slightly boiling. Note that this is alcohol boiling not water boiling. Alcohol boils with very fine bubbles as opposed to the rolling boil of water. After 20 minutes the alcohol should be reduced by about half.

5. Strain and store.
When you are done extracting you will have one ounce (or so) of GD. But it is mixed up with the 1/8 oz of spent plant material. Here is how I recover the maximum amount of my extract.

First, I strain it through a regular kitchen mesh strainer. I use the back of a spoon to force out as much GD as possible.

Next (this is the cool part) I use a garlic press to squeeze the remaining leaves. My preference is a Zylis Garlic Press because it has a plunger mechanism, but any press should do. I then put the squeezings into the plunger in batches, and squeeze the holy GD out of it. This trick has increased my overall recovery by about 15%

When you are finished with the extraction you will be left with about 1oz of green dragon tincture after you have strained the extract. Notice that one ounce of the alcohol has evaporated. See the tips below for a good way to strain the tincture.

A standard eyedropper will transfer about 1ml (or 1 gram) of liquid. There are 29 milliliters in one ounce. So you should end up with about 30 or so full eyedroppers (30 milliliters) of Green Dragon.
Final Color and Smell
The green dragon should be a greenish-brown color (more brown than green). If it is emerald green and smells like grass (from the cholorphyll), it will be weak. Emerald green indicates that the pre-baking was not sufficient. The GD should smell like bud, somewhat floral.

6. Dosage. Titration.
You will have to figure dosage with each batch. And you must test it on yourself. The way to do this is through titration (a fancy chemical term that means to determine the concentration of a solution). The concentration of GD will change based on the strength of the starting material, the amount of alcohol you boil off during the extraction, the efficiency of your pre-bake, etc

Start with one or two full dropperfuls (not drops! About 1 ml per dropper) and swallow them down. Check the time and note when you first feel effects, when you peak, the intensity of the peak, and how long it lasts. Make sure you can reproduce your titration (empty stomach, time of day, diluted in water?, etc). If you like what you feel, great. If too much or not good enough try again tomorrow with a different amount. With two points (high and low) you should have a pretty good idea of how it works on your body. Of course it might be different on someone considerably bigger or smaller.

For instance one batch I made was unbelievably strong--1 dropperful and I was flying. The next one took 3 dropperfuls for same effect (but the solution was more dilute as I ended up with 1.75oz instead of 1oz of final GD, the pot wasn't as good, and my pre-bake was a bit too short since I was using an unfamiliar oven and a baking pan instead of just aluminum foil).

One milliliiter (one full eyedropper) is very nice. Two puts you in space. But you must self-titrate (test it on yourself) as each batch will be slightly different. Effects take up to 1.5 hours to begin (at least in myself) and lasted for 5 hours (1 dropper) to 7-8 hours (2 droppers).

I place one eyedropper (1ml) of Green Dragon in a small glass. I then add a small amount of water (1-2 ml) and drink. Do this on an empty stomach for best results (about 20-30 minutes before eating a main meal is good).

Everybody is different. It takes me between 30-90 minutes to feel the effects of Green Dragon

I had tried a tincture someone had made using the cold extraction method with the same amount of cannabis and found that 5 ml (5 full eyedroppers) did pretty much nothing.

Using my Green Dragon technique I find that one dropper will bring effects on in 30-90 minutes and last 5 hours with 1.5 hours of lingering aftereffects.

Two droppers gave me a "spiritual dose" (as strong as any brownie I ever had). Effects lasted 7-8 hours with lingering effects for 2 more hours.

How much is in an Eyedropper
An eyedropper holds about one milliliter of liquid, depending on how hard you squeeze the little bulb. For water based solutions one milliliter weighs about one gram. Thus each full eyedropper contains about one gram of liquid. Since there are about 29 grams in one ounce, you get about 29 full eyedroppers in every ounce. The eyedropper I initially used measured 34 full droppers in an ounce.

Also I use the nice blue two-ounce dropper bottles from the health food store that are used for essential oils, tinctures, and/or other extracts

This means that 1/8oz of good cannabis yields about 30-34 doses of tincture

Tips and Techniques

1. Don't put the stuff in your eye Wink. And don't put it under your tongue because it burns. I now place the GD in a tablespoon (or so) of water--yum.

2. When is it Ready
Right away. That is one of the nice things about this extraction process.

3. Taste
I find that after a week in the fridge the flavor seems to mature into a heady, slightly floral elixer with bud overtones.

theg1ant

Monkey
Oct 20, 2006
Atlanta
my buddy and i cleared out .75 grams of orange kush and .75 grams of blueberry yum yum

fantastic night
first time i've ever hallucinated due to anything besides dehydration

crkt

Monkey
Nov 5, 2008
In the woods
holy bejesus ninja man thats quite the recipe...

how different are the effects? I mean I like to toke a couple right before I dig and it makes me want to dig super hard and make every tranny flawless but edibles just make me happy and lazy.

is a liquid any different?

Drunken_Ninja

Turbo Monkey
Aug 25, 2002
Hangin' with Riggs and Mertah
holy bejesus ninja man thats quite the recipe...

how different are the effects? I mean I like to toke a couple right before I dig and it makes me want to dig super hard and make every tranny flawless but edibles just make me happy and lazy.

is a liquid any different?
I think the alcohol does something. haven't tried the green dragon yet but apparently one eyedropper delivers a full effect. You can add it to anything you are cooking as well. I found access to a slew of recipes and can deliver more...this one was at the top of the list and i can see why...It looks like the equivalent of LSD for marijuana users. oh yeah Exploding this recipe is optional. (there were a few notes from people who have tried it)

Last edited:

jerseydirt

Turbo Monkey
May 6, 2007
dirty jerz
I just smoked the cali medical. which is dank x50. But my favorite way of smoking is out of a sherlock bowl. This dude i ride with sometimes started growing kush in his basement in a full on setup.

jerseydirt

Turbo Monkey
May 6, 2007
dirty jerz
cali medical is where its at, i thought it would be synthetic fake stuff but i have never seen such well grown clean gooey
Even when you smoke it, it goes down really smooth. Beside its not like smoking piff or sour d where you feel like you just smoked crack and your trippin out. Its red too.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
Amsterdam to close many brothels, marijuana cafes
By TOBY STERLING, Associated Press Writer

AMSTERDAM, Netherlands – Amsterdam unveiled plans Saturday to close brothels, sex shops and marijuana cafes in its ancient city center as part of a major effort to drive organized crime out of the tourist haven.

The city is targeting businesses that "generate criminality," including gambling parlors, and the so-called "coffee shops" where marijuana is sold openly. Also targeted are peep shows, massage parlors and souvenir shops used by drug dealers for money-laundering.

"I think that the new reality will be more in line with our image as a tolerant and crazy place, rather than a free zone for criminals" said Lodewijk Asscher, a city council member and one of the main proponents of the plan.

The news comes just one day after Amsterdam's mayor said he would search for loopholes in new rules laid down by the national government that would close marijuana cafes near schools citywide. The measures announced Saturday would affect about 36 coffee shops in the center itself — a little less than 20 percent of the city total.

Asscher underlined that the city center will remain true to its freewheeling reputation.

"It'll be a place with 200 windows (for prostitutes) and 30 coffee shops, which you can't find anywhere else in the world — very exciting, but also with cultural attractions," he said. "And you won't have to be embarrassed to say you came."

Under the plan announced Saturday, Amsterdam will spend euro30 million to euro40 million ($38 million to $51 million) to bring hotels, restaurants, art galleries and boutiques to the center. It will also build new underground parking areas.

Amsterdam already had plans to close many brothels and some coffee shops, but plans announced Saturday go further.

Asscher said the city would reshape the area, using zoning rules, buying out businesses and offering assistance to upgrade stores. The city has shut brothels and sex clubs in the past by relying on a law allowing the closure of businesses with bookkeeping irregularities.

Prostitution will be allowed only in two areas in the district — notably De Wallen ("The Walls"), a web of streets and alleys around the city's medieval retaining dam walls. The area has been a center of prostitution since before the city's golden shipping age in the 1600s.

Prostitution was legalized in the Netherlands in 2000, formalizing a long-standing tolerance policy.

Marijuana is technically illegal in the Netherlands, but prosecutors won't press charges for possession of small amounts. Coffee shops are able to sell it openly.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
So I quit for the next month and I will tell you just under 1/4 into it weed levels me out. I'm kind of an irritable person sober. Go figure huh?

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
maybe you just need to get used to that sober stuff before you can level out... how long have you been toking regularly?
Um well for the last 6 months pretty regularly, and before that maybe three times in a year, and then before that pretty regular for a year or so.

Just going sober for a month from drinking and smoking to prove that I can do it. I will resume but on a much lesser level.

trailblazer

Monkey
May 2, 2005
Jamaica
Richie Spice

Marijuana
na na na na naah yaay
na na na nayi riddim
burnin marijuana pon di corna
it keep mi calma it mek mi smarta
burnin on di highway its di highest grade gettin
to ma head
marijuana pon di corna
to ma head
at times i beg it sometimes ill steal it
i give it to some of ma bredren an mi sistren to
use it
its di king of di forest babylon they don like it
they chop it up they heap it up an den dem
distroy it
they stick you up they lock you up they take
it for a crime
wen its the healin of the nation bet you neva
kno healin of the nation waahi
marijuana pon di corna
to ma head
marijuana pon di corna
to ma head
dont tink im jokin ah its wat im smokin
i tell yuh mi frend it i sew it an it catch up
like a tokin
oh the rasta man them smoke it an them say its the
thats real ting
oh yes thats why i bring a song about it i will
sing yeaaaa
marijuana pon di corna it keep mi calma
it mek mi smarta
burnin on the highway its the highest grade
gettin to ma head
it mek mi smarta
burnin on the highway its the highest grade
gettin to ma head
at times ill steal it sometimes ill beg it
i give it to some of ma bredren an mi sistren to
use it
its di king of di forest babylon they don like it
they chop it up they heap it up an den dem
distroy it
they stick you up they lock you up they take
it for a crime
wen its the healin of the nation bet you neva
kno healin of the nation waahi
it mek mi smarta
burnin on the highway its the highest grade its
gettin to ma head
it mek mi smarta
gettin to ma head
it mek mi smarta
gettin to ma head

SC_Rider

Chimp
Dec 22, 2008
Canada
Canadas got some pretty great **** right now (out east anyway) I was there for a few weeks with some friends and we smoked some R2(outdoor) which was realllly good quality, and some M39 hydro. Now its back off to BC ;) , ak47!

cannondalejunky

ease dropper
Jun 19, 2005
Arkansas
ok, time for my first post in this thread.

so i didn't even think about the fact that i have a job interview jan 5th...and my dumbass smoked on dec 12th...i'm freaking out because i know they're going to drug test me, i don't know when though...i'm not a frequent smoker, maybe once a month, but when i smoke it's always with quality stuff...so i'm trying to figure out how can i make sure i'm clean by the 5th. i've got a pretty good metabolism and i weigh about 190

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now

so i didn't even think about the fact that i have a job interview jan 5th...and my dumbass smoked on dec 12th...i'm freaking out because i know they're going to drug test me, i don't know when though...i'm not a frequent smoker, maybe once a month, but when i smoke it's always with quality stuff...so i'm trying to figure out how can i make sure i'm clean by the 5th. i've got a pretty good metabolism and i weigh about 190
the last time you smoked was on the 12th? thats more than enough time for it to pass through your system, especially with a high metabolism.
just hope they dont test your hair, but i doubt they are going to test you after your first interview.

keep drinking water if it makes you feel better

jerseydirt

Turbo Monkey
May 6, 2007
dirty jerz
mmm....blueberryyyy

decisions...decisions...
Dude I would take that ROOR any day as long as its the ice bong. two of my friends have them and goddam they are amazing! If you are going to smoke a roor you are going to need like 4 g's plus cause hat bowl is huge.

Last edited:

jerseydirt

Turbo Monkey
May 6, 2007
dirty jerz

If you want you can go to the GNC and get a detox that will take a week.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Dude I would take that ROOR any day as long as its the ice bong. two of my friends have them and goddam they are amazing! If you are going to smoke a roor you are going to need like 4 g's plus cause hat bowl is huge.
yes it is a ice bong. all of my bongs have ice catchers built into them. the three piece bubbler is the best piece i have ever smoked out of....but i did pay for them, thats for sure. if youre going to buy a RooR, make sure is a 3-piece fo sho
and the glass gauz's (screens) that come with them, make it easy to use small amounts if you dont want to fill em up

If you want you can go to the GNC and get a detox that will take a week.
the detox drinks at GNC wont do what he wants really. look online for detox drinks from headshops, or go to a headshop and get them there. he has more than enough time to get detoxed naturally. water does help a lot though....just dont over do it before the test.
but i doubt he is going to get tested on his first interview......right?