Quantcast

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Kick/fine/shoot them out of the National Park, it's not their private farm.
Mendocino Sheriffs, The DEA, The National Park Service, and the California State Police (CHP) have spent hundreds of Millions of Dollars, and placed all those enforcement folks into harms way for what?

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Mendocino Sheriffs, The DEA, The National Park Service, and the California State Police (CHP) have spent hundreds of Millions of Dollars, and placed all those enforcement folks into harms way for what?
It's a public land, just like the jackasses in Oregon they have no right to use it as they wish.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
It's a public land, just like the jackasses in Oregon they have no right to use it as they wish.
I agree. But since I don't have a list of Names for the DEA. Neither you or I can do anything about it. The logistics for managing Hundreds of millions of acres of land are.... Impossible. Like building a wall to keep out Mexicans....

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
I agree. But since I don't have a list of Names for the DEA. Neither you or I can do anything about it. The logistics for managing Hundreds of millions of acres of land are.... Impossible. Like building a wall to keep out Mexicans....
It's easy to find via biologists (like the one in the story) or satellites. Automated image processing of those satellite images would bring costs down - plants don't run away when spotted.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
It's easy to find via biologists (like the one in the story) or satellites. Automated image processing of those satellite images would bring costs down - plants don't run away when spotted.
Tell us how you make out. Seems like a valiant effort. Be careful. The locals don't play nice when faced with a adversary like yourself... The terrain favors the locals.... Bring lots of money.....

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
If you want to end illegal weed farming on public lands all that needs to happen is legalization.
Why hide a bunch of mexicans in the forest dodging helicopters when you can do it in an air-conditioned warehouse next to the expressway without those pesky fishers calling attention to you.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I quit smoking weed in 1975. Starting last year, a riding buddy has been reintroducing me. Not sure what to make of it.
I'm guessing the weed is better.

I'm the kind of person that weed makes couch-bound. Not how I like to spend my life. Barely touched the stuff over the past few years except when couch-bound is required. I know a lot of folks who actually seem to be more functional after a trip to the 'shed.

My interest is somewhat piqued when I return to the land of legal marijuana as one can now openly shop for strains that have varying effects.

I'm the kind of person that weed makes couch-bound. Not how I like to spend my life. Barely touched the stuff over the past few years except when couch-bound is required. I know a lot of folks who actually seem to be more functional after a trip to the 'shed.

My interest is somewhat piqued when I return to the land of legal marijuana as one can now openly shop for strains that have varying effects.
The weed is better if whacking oneself on the head with a sledge hammer is better. It has led to a couple of visually interesting night rides home and to some sessions of increased appreciation of music. Not sure I'd seek it out.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004

I've got a MA med card and pretty much just buy 25%+ THC sativa strains.
These basically have no negative effect, or even increase, my energy levels and leave me more clear headed than a single high-test IPA does.
I'm not a fan of strains that glue me to a couch or give me a 1000 yard stare.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
I've got a MA med card and pretty much just buy 25%+ THC sativa strains.
These basically have no negative effect, or even increase, my energy levels and leave me more clear headed than a single high-test IPA does.
I'm not a fan of strains that glue me to a couch or give me a 1000 yard stare.
Have you tried any high CBD stuff? Super low THC content. You don't really get high (if you're not a noob) but about 20 minuts later you'll feel really good. CBD is the chemical that gives weed a lot of it's magical properties (anti-inflamatory, Anti-tumoral, Antioxidant).

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Indica is the couch lock weed generally while Sativa often can be racy and put you in do-shit mode.

When I was recovering from the auger arm a friend gave me a cbd strain called ac/dc. It was like 18% cbd and less than 1% thc. No psychoactive effects really but calmness and a general sense of well-being was strong and lasted for hours. Surprisingly bitter tasting also when I nibbled on a piece.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Indica is the couch lock weed generally while Sativa often can be racy and put you in do-shit mode.

When I was recovering from the auger arm a friend gave me a cbd strain called ac/dc. It was like 18% cbd and less than 1% thc. No psychoactive effects really but calmness and a general sense of well-being was strong and lasted for hours. Surprisingly bitter tasting also when I nibbled on a piece.
Back in my college days I spent quite a bit of time researching and reading about teh weed. I always figured I should know as much as possible about the shit I was doing. My stoner friends just glazed over when I tried to explain the different active chemicals to them. I feel somewhat vindicated know.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Have you tried any high CBD stuff? Super low THC content. You don't really get high (if you're not a noob) but about 20 minuts later you'll feel really good. CBD is the chemical that gives weed a lot of it's magical properties (anti-inflamatory, Anti-tumoral, Antioxidant).
I need to try that for day-time (I live under OSHA/EPA oversight at work).
Local place has high CBD buds and vape cartridges, in fact I'll get a vape cartridge today.
My back was ruined when I was rear ended by a texting driver (me at stop, him at 40mph) and I live in constant pain that can become debilitating if I tweak it at work or after a hard ride.
Thanks for reminding me.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
I need to try that for day-time (I live under OSHA/EPA oversight at work).
Local place has high CBD buds and vape cartridges, in fact I'll get a vape cartridge today.
My back was ruined when I was rear ended by a texting driver (me at stop, him at 40mph) and I live in constant pain that can become debilitating if I tweak it at work or after a hard ride.
Thanks for reminding me.
Dude report back on the cbd. It is legit. Some of the cbd strains I have tried still get me baked but that ac/dc cbd was no stone and all relief.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
@rockofullr @boostindoubles
I picked up some 22% CBD / 1% thc buds yesterday.
Hit it pretty hard all day yesterday and again before my ride today and my back is feeling much better.
I owe you both.
See, this is the sort of thing that kills me to read, given my medical history. I can get prescribed all kinds of fucked up, side effect riddled, addictive bullshit, from my doctor for my constant and ever present array of pain and inability to sleep, and still come to work, but god forbid I go out and pick up something like this, unless I want to lose my job and my house. Thanks Obama! :mad:

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
See, this is the sort of thing that kills me to read, given my medical history. I can get prescribed all kinds of fucked up, side effect riddled, addictive bullshit, from my doctor for my constant and ever present array of pain and inability to sleep, and still come to work, but god forbid I go out and pick up something like this, unless I want to lose my job and my house. Thanks Obama! :mad:
I know, total BS.
Funny thing is my DL, Builders Lic and MMJ card all have the same photo on them. (A 10yo pic in which I was actually blazed because the RMV is a nightmare.)

This is exactly what you need.
I've broken so many bones I'm a walking barometer, so I know where you're coming from.

Give it a few years or decades. Thanks, Ronnie!

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
High CBD edibles are also pretty money. Much longer half life and saves the lungs.
Sadly not available here yet.
The selection of high cbd buds is pretty limited too, but improving.
Ideally I'll be able to get O.pen vape cartridges soon.

Gotta say, I'm usually crippled the day after a ride and my back feels awesome today. Much less pain than is typical.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Gotz my med card.
Chronic headache pain from TBI
Depression due to the chronic pain.

I like a blend of high THC and high CBD vaped.

ie Moby Dick or Bruce Banner#3 (both 25+%) mixed with Charlotte's Web or Cannatonic with are both 18+%.
Beats the absolute fuck out of living on percocets.

I'm so fucking baked all of the time, due to a 1.5-2gram a day, but after a little acclimatization time, now I feel normal, don't really get stoned anymore, just pain reduction and a bit happier. I do miss the couch-lok and floating away on music thou. All in all a worthwhile trade-off.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
I'm intrigued by this high CBD/low thc stuff. Anyone know of a strain available in shops in Grand Junction?
So I looked up a shop in GJ, Colorado Alternative Health Care, they list AC/DC on their website. That is a strain which fits the bill. I know nothing about the shop or their products though.

Sep 11, 2015
I'm intrigued by this high CBD/low thc stuff. Anyone know of a strain available in shops in Grand Junction?
www.weedmaps.com - look for a menu that has more than one token form of CBD

When they allow interstate sales it's going to explode.
That would require legalization at the federal level. Don't hold yer bong rip for that. It's still classified as a Schedule I drug, more dangerous than cocaine and meth. :crazy:

My guess is that it will continue to be up to the States for the forseeable future.