Quantcast

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan

Anyone have any experience with this guy?

I've reached the conclusion that inhaling smoke is bad for me. No more burning plant material.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005

Anyone have any experience with this guy?

I've reached the conclusion that inhaling smoke is bad for me. No more burning plant material.
Yes sir, I wanted to get something smaller than the Mighty/Mighty+ when out and about as my OG Mighty is my daily driver home/away and I recently got a back up Mighty+ re: usb c charging.

Pluses: Crafty hits "almost" as good as the Mighty, works with the dosing capsules and water pipe adapter and hydrotube I use 94.20% of the time:

1660189140892.png

As a "heavy" user it wouldn't work for me, without a battery bank, and you need your phone or bluetooth enabled laptop to adjust the settings.

Though honestly once you set it up that's not an issue outside checking battery strength.

Happy to let you take it for a spin if I make it out west this fall ;)

And/or happy to mail this forlorn vape to you -- to test in the interim.

When I was shopping a few years back it was the cheaper Mighty with replaceable batteries:

Boundless Tera Vaporizer (V3)
1660190223903.png

It hits a step or below the crafty/mighty but still works with that hyrdrotube "native", and goes higher for concentrates I believe -- that's not my jam.

I just prefer the Mighty re: closest to bong rips...

If you decide you like it, we can trade for a box of apples.

Fuck Combustion as the kids say these days ;)

Last edited:

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Right on! I am looking for a portable flower vape I can throw in the hip pack on rides. Last time I rode Smith Creek on Mt. St. Helen's we ran into a guy who let us rip his Mighty. It sounds like there's a couple that kick ass. I'll take your word on the Mighty. Might have to pull the trigger on it one of these days. The 5mg edibles are nice but somewhat subtle and unpredictable.

Come on out - you can rip my desk top bike shop vaporizer - it hits like a champ!

Resized_20220810_212044.jpeg

Attachments

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
View attachment 183739
Hash. The real deal. All black and shit! Boosh!
So beautiful. My favorite,such a Lovely High. Last time I had the pleasure I was In Egypt. Tea,Shesha with Hash on each Bowl. The Bowls were small,like 6 Hits. We order 12 and bite the hash with our teeth and push it into the shesha. Of course the Arabs other favorite way is to mix it with tobacco.

I can not get Hash here,well,I need to check again,it has been awhile. I dont go much to the club. It is Harvest Heaven here in CA.

Avy

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
So beautiful. My favorite,such a Lovely High. Last time I had the pleasure I was In Egypt. Tea,Shesha with Hash on each Bowl. The Bowls were small,like 6 Hits. We order 12 and bite the hash with our teeth and push it into the shesha. Of course the Arabs other favorite way is to mix it with tobacco.

I can not get Hash here,well,I need to check again,it has been awhile. I dont go much to the club. It is Harvest Heaven here in CA.

Avy
An ounce of Keef makes an ounce of Hash. An ounce of Keef cost $600. An ounce of Hash costs about $1000. It is harvest heaven here too.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
1667600979758.png

Trying to lay off the vape, until the Covid is gone from my system, but edibles just aren't the same.

You can't get hash from the dispensaries in MT -- it's wax, dabs and that ilk -- but I picked up some in the 303 a few weeks back (bubble hash which seems more like raw kief and a tiny ball of the black goodness)

I need to renew my black market connections and/or hook up in California on vacation next month...

"Those were the days..."
1667601299947.png

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
I do wonder when/if the feds will just decriminalize it.

This patchwork shit is better than nothing but still I can't see Utah/Idaho and parts of the deep south ever changing.

mary-jane-land-v0-jx63x3x9ce9b1.jpg

VitalMTB

Chimp
Jul 2, 2023
If people can talk about smoking cigars, I dont see whats wrong with talking about smoking pot but thats just my oppinion.

In response to neversummersnow, your right in that cross country mountain biking and smoking pot do not go hand in hand... or atleast not as much as freeride and downhill.

I dont get why people think pot is so much worse for you than tobbacco or alcohol. Sure its not good for your lungs, but if you smoke in moderation its not that bad. They love airing commercials saying that one joint has as much tar as four ciggeretes, but they dont give you the whole truth. Ciggeretes have so many more harmful additeves in them.... and even if pot does have more tar, people who smoke ciggeretes smoke so many more ciggerets than people do po

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Free Soda Refills at Fuddruckers
If pot is smoked pre-ride, evidently I've achieved ability to time travel. It would have to be thirty years ago when pot was illegal and some dude down the road was getting his grip as a giganto dealer - liked bikes though and would always have a fanny pack full of weed and rolling papers. Never did understand smoking pot though - time travel was much more exciting.

Yet, Trump was elected in 2016... pretty sure smoking pot would have been the right way to go.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
For worse. It's almost like I cannot perceive the trail. My will to persevere is reduced to nothing. I make lame excuses and give up too easily. I tend to bottle rocket and burn out rather easily.
That is funny. For me,I was all into every sound and sight and enjoying the Intense moments I have done many times before. I would be slower for this. So over time I dialed In when I should smoke. I ride early,so early I climb in the dark to catch the sunrise at the top of the mountain. Cold with snot streaming out of my nose I would be High for the climb. By the the time I got to the top my high was gone. Now it is like 6:15am and time to fly. Finish that,eat,get high and climb out. Rinse repeat for the second run. Also I play it too safe when I’m high? I can do it and would not turn down any offer,but it would not be my best run. I Love that first high driving to the ride,talking shit and getting pumped up,nothin like the feeling In the world.

Avy

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
That is funny. For me,I was all into every sound and sight and enjoying the Intense moments I have done many times before. I would be slower for this. So over time I dialed In when I should smoke. I ride early,so early I climb in the dark to catch the sunrise at the top of the mountain. Cold with snot streaming out of my nose I would be High for the climb. By the the time I got to the top my high was gone. Now it is like 6:15am and time to fly. Finish that,eat,get high and climb out. Rinse repeat for the second run. Also I play it too safe when I’m high? I can do it and would not turn down any offer,but it would not be my best run. I Love that first high driving to the ride,talking shit and getting pumped up,nothin like the feeling In the world.

Avy
I was pretty high when I ripped my first wheelie. Why would I not be able to replicate that for another wheelie without smoking weed?

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
While not as cheap as OR/WA, prices continue to drop here.

I paid (got robbed) $50/8th for "legal" weed in Newark NJ last month, but usually pay $150-180/oz here (down from $220 or so a few years back)

related:

NYC consumes more marijuana than anywhere else in the world: Study
The cheapest city for marijuana in the tri-state area? That would be up in Connecticut, the study found
By NBC New York Staff • Published August 2, 2023 • Updated on August 2, 2023 at 4:48 pm

Call it the baked apple.
New York City is now ranked as the top city in the world when it comes to marijuana consumption, according to a recent study.
The 2023 Cannabis Global Price Index found that NYC residents consume an average of 62.3 metric tons of weed combined every year. That's about seven tons more than Sydney, Australia, which came in second place — even though cannabis is illegal in the country.
As far as prices go, Tokyo has the most expensive marijuana, at about $33 per gram. That's compared to about $12 a gram in NYC, and about $7 a gram in Portland, Oregon, which is the cheapest in the U.S. The cheapest place for weed in the world is Montreal, Canada, where a gram costs on average $5.90.
The cheapest place for marijuana in the tri-state area? That would be up in New Britain, Connecticut, where the average price is $10.80 a gram, the study found. The price for a gram in Newark, New Jersey, is $11.30 a gram.
The study projected that the average price of cannabis in the U.S. could fall to as little as $5.61 by 2030.
+++
ETA: Props to Maine...

1691035951193.png

Last edited:

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
Pot adjacent: I've not tried ketamine yet, but have a shrink friend who takes it with some of his patients.

For now I'm sticking with the old school psychedelics (fungus among us) but not opposed trying something new:

Colonel Angus

Monkey
Feb 15, 2005
land of the green chiles
Feminized seeds, anyone have experience with these?

I bought some this spring and started two. They started flowering when the plants were only 14 inches tall! Very disappointing, but the quality was great. Started two more this summer and they started flowering at less than two feet. WTF? Last time I grew weed (25 years ago) my plants were 5 feet tall when they flowered. I love the idea of guaranteed females but this is ridiculous. Any suggestions?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp

I bought some this spring and started two. They started flowering when the plants were only 14 inches tall! Very disappointing, but the quality was great. Started two more this summer and they started flowering at less than two feet. WTF? Last time I grew weed (25 years ago) my plants were 5 feet tall when they flowered. I love the idea of guaranteed females but this is ridiculous. Any suggestions?
Something must be triggering them to start flowering (duh...lol).

I did some research yearsssssssss ago before growing indoors once and if remember correctly, they flower when the sun light starts changing colour.

This was part of the reason, back then at least, that to simulate summer growing time you'd use metal halide bulbs which are more white/blue. Later on you'd switch to high pressure sodium lights to simulate the more orangey fall sun. But it was critical, a lot of people just used one or the other.

At least that's what I remember, I could be wrong. It's probably a combo of things like light, temps and amount of sun.

I purchased 5 feminized seeds this year. 1 didn't sprout and 1 grew to about 4 feet and then actually turned out to be a male, so I cut it down.

The remaining 3 are going. The two big ones in the picture below are those, they are well over 5 feet now. The little one is last seed, which I only planted about a month and a bit ago.

The stringy plant on the very left, hard to see, is some random seed I had.

The big ones are all flowering now and have been for a week or two.

Excuse the window stickers, we had a bird problem. :D

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan

The feminized seed market is flooded with auto flower genetics also. You may have bought seeds that flower regardless of light cycle. Auto flower dont get very big or produce large quantities of flowers but they'll bloom in the spring or middle of summer!

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I just checked and that little plant I have has started to flower as well. Definitely wasn't the case the other day when I watered it. :D

Colonel Angus

Monkey
Feb 15, 2005
land of the green chiles
The feminized seed market is flooded with auto flower genetics also. You may have bought seeds that flower regardless of light cycle. Auto flower dont get very big or produce large quantities of flowers but they'll bloom in the spring or middle of summer!
this must be what is happening. I’ll have to check the package, I am sure they were feminized but I thought I avoided the auto flowering seeds. I must be wrong. Fortunately, I don’t smoke much so it doesn’t really matter if they aren’t huge.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
About damn time...

Ive always said caffeine has more habituation and withdrawal effects (ie schedule two drug traits) than the devil's lettuce...