Quantcast

POTUS Election '24...you heard it here first!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Just watched the first part of the debate but noped out when Harris started bigging up fracking. JFC. It’s 2024 and you lot have the choice of a moronic, delusional racist pedophile convicted felon who will likely end your ‘democracy’ (flawed democracy) entirely and enable the worst authoritarians on the planet, or a corporate genocide enabler who apparently doesn’t understand the urgency of climate change. Fucking hell.
you're not wrong, but the key takeaway is that she at least has a policy position that voters can agree or disagree on.

I mean it’s still gotta be Harris but holy fucking shit. When revolution?
pay attention to how the youngest voting bracket votes vs the oldest. there is a seismic shift coming. the GOP knows it, and knows they are doomed once the oldest generations start passing and are overtaken by younger voters. hence the death rattling.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Jeezus. It's a really good thing that his supporters are mouth-breathing morans. :rofl:

"Former President Donald Trump cited his close ties to Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orbán to counter attacks by Vice President Harris that world leaders are “laughing” at Trump."

Holy crap - it gets even dumber... :rofl:

"Trump charged back that Russian President Vladimir Putin supports Harris.
“Putin endorsed her last week,’’ Trump said"

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Basically, all I've been able to surmise from the debate is that DJT told the world that Haitian immigrants in Ohio are eating cats and dogs.

LOL

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Basically, all I've been able to surmise from the debate is that DJT told the world that Haitian immigrants in Ohio are eating cats and dogs.

LOL
And that Dems were OK with "abortions" after the fetus leaves the womb. :rofl:
He also recited a bunch of other conspiracy theories. $3.5mm to a Biden, that Kamala was supposed to negotiate a peace agreement with Putin in February before he invaded, that 21 million illegal immigrants are entering the country every year or maybe even every month and taking black and Hispanic jobs (like the presidency!) in addition to eating red blooded American patriot pets

he was the crazy uncle through and through.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
He also recited a bunch of other conspiracy theories. $3.5mm to a Biden, that Kamala was supposed to negotiate a peace agreement with Putin in February before he invaded, that 21 million illegal immigrants are entering the country every year or maybe even every month and taking black and Hispanic jobs (like the presidency!) in addition to eating red blooded American patriot pets

he was the crazy uncle through and through.
"Exactly the kind of tough, decisive, leadership America needs!" - Brian, probably.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
I got this little article in one of my political newsletters today, and it's a very good point about the normalisation of the orange shart.

"
But it was a passing comment from reader Laura that stuck with me:
“Imagine if you had been in a coma for 10 years and you woke up to the debate on the TV you would be like, “How is he even on the stage, let alone allowed to run for president?” and someone would say, “He’s BEEN president”. I would be like, “Please put me back to sleep”.
I was particularly charmed by the use of the word “coma” in relation to Trump, because the more I thought about it, the more I realised it describes the state America finds itself in.
The country has fallen into a collective coma as to how utterly deranged this man is.
Putting it another way, the problem with America is that it’s become addicted to treating Donald Trump like a normal person.
While last night’s moderators did an excellent job of some live-fact checking (“There is no state in this country where it is legal to kill a baby after it’s born” said the ABC’s Linsey Davis), there is still this base level charade of having to say, “Thank you candidate Trump” after he vomits out a bunch of clearly deranged shit.
It’s like someone in a waistcoat saying, “Yes, good point” to a baboon flinging faeces at the wall in a zoo enclosure.
This whole charade was illustrated incredibly well last week when Trump attempted to answer a question about affordable childcare with this word salad:
“It’s a very important issue. But I think when you talk about the kind of numbers that I’m talking about, that — because, look, child care is child care. It’s, couldn’t, you know, there’s something, you have to have it — in this country, you have to have it. But when you talk about those numbers compared to the kind of numbers that I’m talking about, by taxing foreign nations at levels that they’re not used to — but they’ll get used to it very quickly — and it’s not gonna stop them from doing business with us. But they’ll have a very substantial tax when they send product into our country. Those numbers are so much bigger than any numbers that we’re talking about, including child care, that it’s going to take care. We’re gonna have — I look forward to having no deficits within a fairly short period of time, coupled with the reductions that I told you about on waste and fraud and all of the other things that are going on in our country, because I have to stay with child care. I want to stay with child care, but those numbers are small relative to the kind of economic numbers that I’m talking about, including growth, but growth also headed up by what the plan is that I just, that I just told you about. We’re gonna be taking in trillions of dollars, and as much as child care is talked about as being expensive, it’s, relatively speaking, not very expensive compared to the kind of numbers we’ll be taking in. We’re going to make this into an incredible country that can afford to take care of its people, and then we’ll worry about the rest of the world.”
How did the room react? They clapped. They clapped to a man who’d just made much less sense than the screaming drunken guy you walked past at 3am who’d fallen into the gutter, shat his pants, and vomited all down his front.

Not only that, but the media laundered that deranged word salad like it was a normal answer, Parker Molloy pointing out:
The Associated Press headlined its article about Trump’s answer: “Trump suggests tariffs can help solve rising child care costs in a major economic speech.”
Politico summarized that portion of his pitch: “He also pledged to tackle government inefficiency with a new Elon Musk-inspired commission and to launch a sovereign wealth fund with money collected from tariffs to finance everything from infrastructure projects and child-care costs to paying down the national debt — moves that might ease concerns about the fiscal impact of his agenda.”
She called it “sanewashing” — and it’s a reminder of how deeply America feels the need to perform constant backflips to maintain that this utter lunatic is somehow normal.

America has been in this coma for years."

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I got this little article in one of my political newsletters today, and it's a very good point about the normalisation of the orange shart.

"

I was particularly charmed by the use of the word “coma” in relation to Trump, because the more I thought about it, the more I realised it describes the state America finds itself in.
The country has fallen into a collective coma as to how utterly deranged this man is.
Putting it another way, the problem with America is that it’s become addicted to treating Donald Trump like a normal person.
While last night’s moderators did an excellent job of some live-fact checking (“There is no state in this country where it is legal to kill a baby after it’s born” said the ABC’s Linsey Davis), there is still this base level charade of having to say, “Thank you candidate Trump” after he vomits out a bunch of clearly deranged shit.
It’s like someone in a waistcoat saying, “Yes, good point” to a baboon flinging faeces at the wall in a zoo enclosure.
This whole charade was illustrated incredibly well last week when Trump attempted to answer a question about affordable childcare with this word salad:

How did the room react? They clapped. They clapped to a man who’d just made much less sense than the screaming drunken guy you walked past at 3am who’d fallen into the gutter, shat his pants, and vomited all down his front.

Not only that, but the media laundered that deranged word salad like it was a normal answer, Parker Molloy pointing out:

She called it “sanewashing” — and it’s a reminder of how deeply America feels the need to perform constant backflips to maintain that this utter lunatic is somehow normal.

Not all of us are in a coma, just our loudest.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006

"

Changleen,I like you. Somtimes I think I am Crazy with my thought’s.

When I read the Boy’s thought’s here,sometimes I kinda get mad. I want more Real Talk and less memes,and all that stuff. Like Climate.

The Press,News and our Leader’s calling it Climate Change.

No MotherFucker,it is Way past “Change”! You Numb Cunt‘s,It is a Crises! IMHO it is too late to fix. Fucking Poor Kid’s coming up,They will be Mad,and live with the Wrath of the True Boss of this World,Mother Nature!

Correct me if I am wrong,but I don’t remember Climate Crises coming out of her mouth?

Are you all aware of the Sand Problem? To build most Everything,you need Sand.

There is so much in my Head,but I stop there.

Avy

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Changleen,I like you. Somtimes I think I am Crazy with my thought’s.

When I read the Boy’s thought’s here,sometimes I kinda get mad. I want more Real Talk and less memes,and all that stuff. Like Climate.

The Press,News and our Leader’s calling it Climate Change.

No MotherFucker,it is Way past “Change”! You Numb Cunt‘s,It is a Crises! IMHO it is too late to fix. Fucking Poor Kid’s coming up,They will be Mad,and live with the Wrath of the True Boss of this World,Mother Nature!

Correct me if I am wrong,but I don’t remember Climate Crises coming out of her mouth?

Are you all aware of the Sand Problem? To build most Everything,you need Sand.

There is so much in my Head,but I stop there.

Avy
Yes, we are way past change and well into crisis. My career is science-adjacent and I am very familiar with the leading climate research. I generally try and keep it to myself these days because it gets annoying even to me but the casual attitude of people buying new ICE vehicles, especially the huge displacement gas guzzlers that are so common in the US (and increasingly common here in NZ unfortunately) is mind boggling to me. Just absolutely insane behaviour.

#StopBurningStuff