Quantcast

POTUS Election '24...you heard it here first!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i don't care how the rest of the debate went (full disclosure: i did not watch it) - but they are gonna HAMMER him over his refusal to answer if trump lost 2020. and they are gonna do so right up until election day.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
It's very interesting that it seems to be the GOP *exclusively* that objects to being fact-checked. Lauren Boobert was interviewed on Colorado Public Radio and was incensed at one point because the interviewer corrected her lie.

Rep. Boebert: ...In fact, it's expanded inflation with the-​
Warner: Well, inflation is easing.
Rep. Boebert: ... with a $1.2 trillion price tag.​
Warner: I just want to say inflation is-

Rep. Boebert: Are we having a debate or an interview? I'm just checking.​
Warner: Well, first of all, I get to say things as a journalist to set the record straight, so inflation is easing.
Rep. Boebert: Oh, you're going to fact check me during the interview?​
Warner: That's exactly right, and inflation is easing.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
As I said, there is reason to question his motivations. He either buys in completely, or sees Trump as a means to an end. I'm skeptical that that "means to an end" is a fair and equitable world.
Maybe he's the VP, they get Drumpf elected, and the (ahem) the 3rd attempt is successful? Can you fucking imagine??

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Maybe he's the VP, they get Drumpf elected, and the (ahem) the 3rd attempt is successful? Can you fucking imagine??
That's a scarier scenario, to be sure. The best thing that people who can breathe with their mouths closed had going for them during the first Trump term was Trump's own bumbling idiocy. If Trump is gone than Peter Thiel JD Vance and Christian Nationalism are really set loose.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
That's a scarier scenario, to be sure. The best thing that people who can breathe with their mouths closed had going for them during the first Trump term was Trump's own bumbling idiocy. If Trump is gone than Peter Thiel JD Vance and Christian Nationalism are really set loose.

If it was not for the global implications and the fact that strangely, I actually like some of you, or should I say your interwebs personalities - I say let them choose wrong and live with the consequences they seem to want to sleep-walk into. Unfortunately, that is not the world we live in, so I am invested, even if I live in a different country.

Sucks all around when even the "good guys" are a steaming pile.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
If it was not for the global implications and the fact that strangely, I actually like some of you, or should I say your interwebs personalities - I say let them choose wrong and live with the consequences they seem to want to sleep-walk into. Unfortunately, that is not the world we live in, so I am invested, even if I live in a different country.

Sucks all around when even the "good guys" are a steaming pile.
No, you're right.

If it wasn't a doomsday cult hell bent on destroying the known world, it would be an amusing watch.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
honestly i think the more likely scenario would be that they 25th amendment him.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Im still struggling to understand how illegal immigrants are making housing so expensive. Like they are buying the 1.3million dollar homes for speculation? With what? This is literally what JD said in the debate, that they are to blame for housing costs and it was bat shit crazy.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
I’m curious if there’s a study and graphic showing the Trump supporting base separate from a Republican base. It simplifies things to consider it a binary Trump/Harris world, and ultimately that’s how the voting will play out. For academic purposes, I’d like to see.
1. Previous republican voters voting Trump because he is the candidate.
2. Previous non-voters who were mobilized by Trump becoming a candidate.
3. Previous Republican voters repelled by Trump into non-voting.
4. Harris voters who were generated by Trump, either being previously republican or non voting who now feel the need to vote against Trump.

I suspect there’s some interesting movement here. I wouldn’t expect that Trump just simply took over the keys to the Republican Party and got everything that came with it. I have to imagine that he pushed some non-zero number of voters away from the party, but it was more than offset by the non-voters he brought in (cult of personality). And if that’s the case, there’s likely no amount of policy adjustment that can be made to persuade those voters to consider Harris or even walk away from Trump.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Im still struggling to understand how illegal immigrants are making housing so expensive. Like they are buying the 1.3million dollar homes for speculation? With what? This is literally what JD said in the debate, that they are to blame for housing costs and it was bat shit crazy.
They are responsible for everything bad, duh.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I’m curious if there’s a study and graphic showing the Trump supporting base separate from a Republican base. It simplifies things to consider it a binary Trump/Harris world, and ultimately that’s how the voting will play out. For academic purposes, I’d like to see.
1. Previous republican voters voting Trump because he is the candidate.
2. Previous non-voters who were mobilized by Trump becoming a candidate.
3. Previous Republican voters repelled by Trump into non-voting.
4. Harris voters who were generated by Trump, either being previously republican or non voting who now feel the need to vote against Trump.

I suspect there’s some interesting movement here. I wouldn’t expect that Trump just simply took over the keys to the Republican Party and got everything that came with it. I have to imagine that he pushed some non-zero number of voters away from the party, but it was more than offset by the non-voters he brought in (cult of personality). And if that’s the case, there’s likely no amount of policy adjustment that can be made to persuade those voters to consider Harris or even walk away from Trump.
i'm curious to see how many women that are registered R break D because of the dobbs ruling.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Well, in Springfield, apparently they are pooling resources to buy, or are simply renting, but (supposedly) there might be 6-10 Haitians living in one house, so even with high rents or mortgages, they can swing it. This (supposedly) has had the effect of dramatically raising rents and prices, to where the honkies can’t afford it anymore.
Its as if housing prices haven’t gone up dramatically all over the entire developed world, and they are using average rents and prices from before the pandemic as their baseline price references.
Which is doubly ironic in the case of Springfield, because there the economy has rebounded due to the availability of workers.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
because high demand for housing (apartments not mansions) and minimal availability pushes rent prices way up.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
Plot twist incoming - Trump steps aside. Who will the RNC choose to replace him?

(Btw, I realize that there is no way the orange anus would “step aside.”)