Quantcast

POTUS Election '24...you heard it here first!

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
it's honest on my side of the table. I'm not being baited. I think some people have strong convictions/opinions that I don't agree with, and aren't always trolling or being an antagonist.
I agree that there are people who have strong convictions/opinions that others and I may not agree with. That is their right.

However #1, it is absolutely a possibility that an opinion is wrong. "In my opinion, the sun rotates around the earth." Great. Lovely opinion. Here's a few centuries of science telling you why it's wrong. If you still maintain that opinion while knowing it is factually inaccurate and try to force it upon others, that is poor faith.

However #2, the troll in question has admitted to trolling.

In general, I feel that both sides are too quick to judge and name call. Name calling and personal attacks are poor form. Like most people I am guilty of it; I have hyuge list of nicknames for D2S. I think we should absolutely listen to opinions and beliefs that are opposed to our own. We should also try to understand those beliefs. Understanding can lead to us changing our minds, bc perhaps we were wrong. Understanding can also lead to being able to make a better more effective argument against said opinion. Win. Win.

All of that said, in the case where people are not actually listening to each other it is not a discussion or debate.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
One thing that gets me is the "Radical Leftist Liberal Democrats" shtick. I think many of these people would be shocked to realize that in comparison to other G7 countries, the Democrats are actually Center-Right. :rofl:
So ‘centre right’ they are openly supporting genocide of an Arab population, still subsiding the fossil fuel industry etc etc… A little more the ‘centre right’ I would say.