Quantcast

POTUS Election '24...you heard it here first!

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
This is amazing to me.
Peak amazing are inmigrant citizens voting for Trump. They are vocal.
My father-in-law is a first generation Mexican American. His father came across the border during the war as part of the Bracero Program, married a gal in Pasadena, and never left. FIL literally used to pick oranges and grapes in the fields with all the other migrants as a kid. And he's pretty hard GOP as are a good portion of his MANY brothers. Im certain he voted Trump first term, but he seems to have come around to the idea that Trump might be a loon, and possibly, a compromised person. There is hope I suppose, but still it's crazy to me that he ever got there in the first place, and I absolutely blame all the AM radio he listened too commuting long distances and at his job. A job, with California's biggest union, that gave him a life long pension after 25 years and life time health care. But government is bad and nobody wants to work anymore. :rolleyes:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I get the commentary on polling. I saw what happened to HRC in 2016. It was "a sure thing" and it ended up being a giant miss. Then again, polling was hyper accurate in previous years, and the analysis thereof was bang on. Was that just a fluke? A good guess and a hunch backed up by convenient, isolated data points?

I have my concerns over this election because I did not buy my FreeDom Watch nor my TrumpetKnife nor my Trumbible nor the Sneakers of Holy Assault Rifles, and therefore do not know my safety in the coming purge. Everything points to a healthy W for Harris, but it's not reassuring.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
I have my concerns over this election because I did not buy my FreeDom Watch nor my TrumpetKnife nor my Trumbible nor the Sneakers of Holy Assault Rifles, and therefore do not know my safety in the coming purge.
Don’t forget the biggest grift of all. He sold a lot of voters their own anger. Pure profit in his pocket.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I get the commentary on polling. I saw what happened to HRC in 2016. It was "a sure thing" and it ended up being a giant miss. Then again, polling was hyper accurate in previous years, and the analysis thereof was bang on. Was that just a fluke? A good guess and a hunch backed up by convenient, isolated data points?

I have my concerns over this election because I did not buy my FreeDom Watch nor my TrumpetKnife nor my Trumbible nor the Sneakers of Holy Assault Rifles, and therefore do not know my safety in the coming purge. Everything points to a healthy W for Harris, but it's not reassuring.
one thing i've been doing is looking at the source of the polling.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
I have no reason to believe any polls reflect reality anymore. The 2016 race should have proved this, and the 2020 race kind of cemented it for me. I believe a couple of things are true enough that it greatly skews the polls.

1: The only idiots still answering the phone to speak to an unknown caller are boomers and shut-ins.

2: certainly in 2016 a sizeable number of voters were still in the closet about supporting Trump. Not that they didn't absolutely love whatever vile shit he was selling but they we're still ashamed to say it out loud to a stranger. I'm not sure there are any of these left any more as it seems like you can't find a Trump supporter today who isn't literally flying a fucking flag, but who knows.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I have no reason to believe any polls reflect reality anymore. The 2016 race should have proved this, and the 2020 race kind of cemented it for me. I believe a couple of things are true enough that it greatly skews the polls.

1: The only idiots still answering the phone to speak to an unknown caller are boomers and shut-ins.

2: certainly in 2016 a sizeable number of voters were still in the closet about supporting Trump. Not that they didn't absolutely love whatever vile shit he was selling but they we're still ashamed to say it out loud to a stranger. I'm not sure there are any of these left any more as it seems like you can't find a Trump supporter today who isn't literally flying a fucking flag, but who knows.
i answered a d2d poll the other night.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

This. Who the fuck answers the phone these days? :think:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes

I'm starting to believe you, at least in regards to the "polls don't matter" thing. I do agree about 2016 however- I have a feeling my dad was one of those people. Now he sees what trump is capable of and may actually vote dem this year (I think he abstained in 2020). But yeah, grabbing 1000 people who are willing to answer an unknown caller and have a registered landline and who identify as a likely voter is a very specific subset of people

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
1729195084767.png

You told many interviewers that Joe Biden was on his game,” Baier said, “that he ran around circles on his staff. When did you first notice that President Biden’s mental faculties appeared diminished?”

Harris blanked. Then, after she had had a moment to recollect herself, she simply dodged the question.

“Joe Biden — I have watched from the Oval Office to the Situation Room, and he has the judgment and the experience to do exactly what he has done in making very important decisions on behalf of the American people,” Harris said in her trademark word salad format.

Baier pressed, “There were no concerns raised?”

“Bret, Joe Biden is not on the ballot,” said Harris, “and Donald Trump is.”

Yes, but why isn’t Biden on the ballot? This is the question, is it not? As it turns out, Harris knows something about it, even though she went along and played the fool until Biden was forced from his own ticket.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
he sees what trump is capable of and may actually vote dem this year (I think he abstained in 2020).
I would LOVE to see an even quasi-reliable number on the amount of these people. Anecdotally I know a few, but I'm skeptical that these people actually mean it vs just hiding from social shame, or how many are actually capable of seeing evidence and changing opinions because of it. I'm of the opinion that everything Trump is today was HIGHLY visible when he ran in 2016 to anyone with two brain cells to rub together, but I also recognize that the "average voter" maybe doesn't pay as close attention to politics as I do.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Well, there's your problem. He misunderstood the assignment.

Donald Trump has been branded “creepy” for calling a female senator “young” and “fantastically attractive” in a bizarre moment while trying to court women voters at a Fox News town hall.

During the event in Cumming, Georgia, hosted by Harris Faulkner and recorded on Tuesday, Trump was asked a question by a pro-life mother-of-three who said she was concerned about abortion bans impacting access to IVF treatment.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
View attachment 220209

You told many interviewers that Joe Biden was on his game,” Baier said, “that he ran around circles on his staff. When did you first notice that President Biden’s mental faculties appeared diminished?”

Harris blanked. Then, after she had had a moment to recollect herself, she simply dodged the question.

“Joe Biden — I have watched from the Oval Office to the Situation Room, and he has the judgment and the experience to do exactly what he has done in making very important decisions on behalf of the American people,” Harris said in her trademark word salad format.

Yes, but why isn’t Biden on the ballot? This is the question, is it not? As it turns out, Harris knows something about it, even though she went along and played the fool until Biden was forced from his own ticket.
enough whataboutism

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I would LOVE to see an even quasi-reliable number on the amount of these people. Anecdotally I know a few, but I'm skeptical that these people actually mean it vs just hiding from social shame, or how many are actually capable of seeing evidence and changing opinions because of it. I'm of the opinion that everything Trump is today was HIGHLY visible when he ran in 2016 to anyone with two brain cells to rub together, but I also recognize that the "average voter" maybe doesn't pay as close attention to politics as I do.
enough of them flopped to get biden in office. Can they do it again? My dad is a boomer, so he has one functioning brain cell and the other is mortgaged for the next 30 years so it looks like he actually has three. I don't think he really cared about the whole "mocking the disabled" thing, because when he grew up trump had a gold toilet, and that meant he was a successful business man. He didn't realize boomer-nomics like shipping all of the countries manufacturing to china and yelling at millenials for not working hard enough were not effective national policies.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
View attachment 220209

The National Journalism Center (NJC) is an American conservative political organization established in 1977 by conservative journalist M. Stanton Evans. Its president is Scott Walker, former Republican governor of Wisconsin, who is also president of Young America's Foundation. The current program director is Becket Adams, who has written for conservative publications including the Washington Examiner and the National Review.[1]

Who the fuck cares what this guy has to say

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
The National Journalism Center (NJC) is an American conservative political organization established in 1977 by conservative journalist M. Stanton Evans. Its president is Scott Walker, former Republican governor of Wisconsin, who is also president of Young America's Foundation. The current program director is Becket Adams, who has written for conservative publications including the Washington Examiner and the National Review.[1]

Who the fuck cares what this guy has to say
The Hill is ranked as right of center but not wildly, so I didn’t expect an opinion piece to go as hard as it did. This certainly explains why. My bad.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes

The Hill is ranked as right of center but not wildly, so I didn’t expect an opinion piece to go as hard as it did. This certainly explains why. My bad.
No worries. I watched bits of the interview and thought it was very attacky and hostile on the part of bert Bauer, but overall Harris showed competency if not constantly battling her interviewer to be able to speak. I was curious why you posted that opinion piece, as it was a very trumpy POV. Personally I know that Biden is old and He moves like an 80 year old, but he’s fairly consistently shown competency and “OMG BIDEN IS OLD AND DIMENTED” is the most favorite of republican talking points. If only Biden were still running.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
They wish that interview was a flop but the fact is, it wasn't.

I'd love to see Rachel Maddow interview Trump!
Don’t even need somebody who’s actively hostile toward trump. Literally any questions based in reality result in ”the weave” which anybody aside from brain would be concerned about not being able to form a complete sentence.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
...did I PAWN correctly? I feel like someone in that exchange should've reacted with greater outrage,escalated,and ultimately revealed inner sensitivity and self-doubt projected outward through baseless insults and wild attacks. But what does mandown know,brother.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
...did I PAWN correctly? I feel like someone in that exchange should've reacted with greater outrage,escalated,and ultimately revealed inner sensitivity and self-doubt projected outward through baseless insults and wild attacks. But what does mandown know,brother.
Kidwoo stopped posting here.