Quantcast

Pound a few of these pre-ride?

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Anheuser-Busch To Debut Souped-Up Beer

POSTED: 9:51 am EDT October 5, 2004

ST. LOUIS -- It's beer with a little extra kick.

AP Image
B-to-the-E

Anheuser-Busch is looking to add some oomph to the beer market. Come November, the world's largest brewer looks to introduce its latest beer. It's called B-to-the-E -- the "B" for beer, the "E" for something "extra." That extra is caffeine, herbal guarana and ginseng.

A can of B-to-the-E has about the same amount of caffeine as a cup of coffee. The St. Louis brewer is hoping the spiked brewskis will appeal to 20-something drinker and will attract drinkers who normally might turn their noses up at beer.

Anheuser-Busch said the beverage will be slightly sweet but tart, coming in the aromas of blackberry, raspberry and cherry.

And it will be targeted to consumers ages 21 to 27, ostensibly those looking for something zippy in their highly-social, fast-paced lifestyles. Anheuser-Busch said each can of the B-to-the-E beverage would pack 22.8 carbs, along with 6.6 percent alcohol by volume, 54 milligrams of caffeine and 203 calories.

The beer joins Anheuser's own Bacardi malt beverages -- and it faces competition from alcohol-free energy drinks used as mixers in clubs.

The drink will be produced at the company's Houston brewery.

Pricing hasn't been announced. The company is waiting for government approval and wants to have the new brew in stores next month.

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
Sounds suspect. Likely will be disgusting. I really don't think I fully understand the concept. I've never wanted a beer and thought, "Man, I could really use some ginseng in this." Ever desire to mix Red Bull and some High Life? Me neither.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
genpowell71 said:
Ummm, why?

Someone tell me why a beer company would try to make an energy drink out of beer that tastes like piss anyway
to compete with the mixed drink crowd.