Quantcast

Poured 106 yards of concrete yesterday...

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Now, when you said you poured concrete, did you run a mixer or did you order your underlyings to do it while you surfed RM?

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Jeremy R said:
This thread title should be:
Mexicans poured 106 yards of concrete yesterday while I stood by sipping a Martini.

My concrete crew digs the foundations and finishes the concrete for $0.80/sf...

No mexicans on this crew...

All I did was call the pump truck, order the concrete, watch the weather channel starting at 4 AM, wrap some copper water pipes where they went thru the beams and watched them do the pour.

Martinis are tonite!

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
N8 said:
My concrete crew digs the foundations and finishes the concrete for $0.80/sf...

No mexicans on this crew...

All I did was call the pump truck, order the concrete, watch the weather channel starting at 4 AM, wrap some copper water pipes where they went thru the beams and watched them do the pour.

Martinis are tonite!
I hear ya man.
I am seeing first hand actually how much a builder has to do on a custom house. Setting up the crews and dealing with the inspectors alone is a b1tch.
So far, the Mexican workers on our house have been top notch.
Mainly because they actually want to work.
We just had a "good ole boy" come out and give us a quote on the stone work for our house, and he walked around the house, said it looked like too much work for him, and went home.
His loss, I will have to pick up a few more Fanta two liters on our property now, but at least the work is getting done.:)

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Jeremy R said:
I hear ya man.
I am seeing first hand actually how much a builder has to do on a custom house. Setting up the crews and dealing with the inspectors alone is a b1tch.
So far, the Mexican workers on our house have been top notch.
Mainly because they actually want to work.
We just had a "good ole boy" come out and give us a quote on the stone work for our house, and he walked around the house, said it looked like too much work for him, and went home.
His loss, I will have to pick up a few more Fanta two liters on our property now, but at least the work is getting done.:)
Hey, if it was easy, everyone would be doing it! :rofl:

My concrete crew is a top-notch team of awesome black dudes who work their asses off. They do have a token white boy flunky though who's job it is to bring them tools from their trailer... :p

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
Jeremy R said:
This thread title should be:
Mexicans poured 106 yards of concrete yesterday while I stood by sipping a Martini.
every time i read one of N8's "I [insert work related skill here] yesterday", i try to come up with some sort of reply, and have never been able to. you managed to post exactly what i've been thinking for so long, but was never able to communicate.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
I was sitting the cab of the truck yesterday watching the concrete crew do their thing as it poured rain for about 20 minutes and I told the home owner, "I LOVE work! I can sit and watch it all day!"

:p

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
N8 said:
I was sitting the cab of the truck yesterday watching the concrete crew do their thing as it poured rain for about 20 minutes and I told the home owner, "I LOVE work! I can sit and watch it all day!"

:p
So you did not even do a good job watching the weather channel then?:rofl:

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Jeremy R said:
So you did not even do a good job watching the weather channel then?:rofl:

Oh I knew it was going to rain... just a matter of when it was to hit and how much.

We had one line of thundershowers about 9AM then it was clear. We had about 20 yards on the slab when it hit, covered it with plastic, and kept on working...

It was a slight gamble but it paid off since today my framing crew is popping lines and sorting lumber.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
N8 said:
Hey, if it was easy, everyone would be doing it! :rofl:

My concrete crew is a top-notch team of awesome black dudes who work their asses off. They do have a token white boy flunky though who's job it is to bring them tools from their trailer... :p
LOL. I knew if I stayed with the monkey long enough there would be an N8 post that didn't suck. Stay out of the PD forum and I might even buy you a beer one sad sunny day.;)