Quantcast

Poway?

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
Pegboy is having a freeride camp there today by the big rock chute. I think they started around 3PM. They might still be there at the cul-de-sac because their post ride tech talk usually lasts for 2 hours.

Alex966

Monkey
May 6, 2005
Charlotte, NC
Dude, I don't know where the hell I went, all I know is that I couldn't remember how to get out there. I ended up taking Pomerado all the way to the 67, and too the 67 all the way to some trail head at the Poway Rd/67 intersection. The begining of the trail you gotta go through some trees and then it's straight for about a half mile gradually climbing into the switchbacks. The name of the Trail I went on was Iron Mountain or something like that. Was that the say place you guys were at? Anyways, I'm riding a Giant NRS XTC, beefed up a bit to handle some downhill. I hiked all most all the way to the top of Iron mountain peak. Then I had fun ridin' down. It took me like an hour or so to get up, but like 20 or 30 minutes to get down! I love DH!!! haha So was I at the right trail, for what they call the Ted Williams trail or something like that?

~Patrick~

Alex966

Monkey
May 6, 2005
Charlotte, NC
ncrider said:
HA HA thats funny, you were at the wrong trail, but I like how stocked you are anyways!
:D Dude I'm always stoked to ride!! I love riding my damn bike! Even if I have to push it up a mountain for over an hour, the end result is more than worth it usually! After I road that trail I went straight to Kearny BMX, and did a few laps on both my 26" and 20". I tell ya what though, I haven't ridden on a trail with that many rock gardens until now. But then again, I've only ridden at Noble canyon, Sage brush, and up at Fontana(for dh race). Well I guess I'll be seein you guys out at Ted sometime!

~Patrick~

Alex966

Monkey
May 6, 2005
Charlotte, NC
mealsonwheels said:
Oh yeah, I love Iron Mtn. The rock gardens are so fun. Glad you stumbled upon such a cool trail.
Me too! My friend just got a new Demo 8 last weekend, and he hasn't taken it riding on any trail worthy enough to prove itself yet. So I'm gonna try to get him out to Iron mtn and see how it feels over those rock gardens and through the switchbacks. Then we'll probably go to Ted!

dft

Chimp
Apr 27, 2004
yea iron is good stuff, i ride there all the time, good rocky descent.
if you took one hour to hit the peak, do the full loop :) that would take you 4 hours!