Quantcast

Powder coater

bmorekirby

Chimp
Jul 25, 2004
I am looking for a powder coater in the baltimore washinton area. has anyone had there frame powder coated locally? Where did you get it done, what was the cost, and were you happy with the results?

Any contact info would be appreciated.

Thanks,
John

DHZombie

Chimp
Jul 12, 2005
Leesburg, VA
I have had multiple motorcycle frames and wheels powder coated by a firm called American Stripping Company located in Manassas Park Virginia.

I have been very happy with the work that they did on these frames.

They have a very large collection of gloss and matte finish coatings to choose from.

They should be listed in the yellow pages.

Give em a call !!!

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro
DHZombie said:
I have had multiple motorcycle frames and wheels powder coated by a firm called American Stripping Company located in Manassas Park Virginia.
how much did the wheels run you? i have a set i want to get done this winter.

riderx

Monkey
Aug 14, 2001
Fredrock
Check in with Donald at Fleet Street Cycles in B-more. He was telling me he had someone good who was local.

DHZombie

Chimp
Jul 12, 2005
Leesburg, VA
corey_dcstreet said:
how much did the wheels run you? i have a set i want to get done this winter.
I don't recall the exact amount. I will check my records when I get home this evening and get back to you !

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro
thanks man, i was planning on the cheapo rattle can jobby, but i'd much rather get them powdercoated if it's reasonable.

DHZombie

Chimp
Jul 12, 2005
Leesburg, VA
corey_dcstreet said:
thanks man, i was planning on the cheapo rattle can jobby, but i'd much rather get them powdercoated if it's reasonable.
Sorry about the delay in responding !

The cost was more than I remembered ($115.00 ea).

This was acceptable to me though, as these wheels are installed on a dirt track racing bike. The finish is almost indestructible, which is very important when you are trying to protect spun aluminum wheels (Perfomance Machine Chicanes) from rooster tails being thrown off of other bikes.

Hope this info helps with your decision to powder coat or not.