Quantcast

powdercoat

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
east of Seattle
Who knows a powdercoater in the seattle area? i have never done this and i want to make sure whoever does it knows about frames and knows not to powdercoat the inside of the bb shell or the like. Also, how do I pic a color? give them a pantone?

Thanks.

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
66 said:
Who knows a powdercoater in the seattle area? i have never done this and i want to make sure whoever does it knows about frames and knows not to powdercoat the inside of the bb shell or the like. Also, how do I pic a color? give them a pantone?

Thanks.
I wouldn't trust my bike with any of the powdercoaters that I deal with. The F stuff up all of the time.

As for color,

http://www.tigerdrylac.com/images/color_ral.jpg

tiger's RAL line is pretty complete and offers good durability.

jeffm

Chimp
Oct 8, 2004
art brass in sodo has done 3-4 mtb frames and a couple of moto frames as well.
no boogered threads, they know where to mask, etc.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Jimmydean who used to post here powdercoated frames for a bunch of monkeys, including several for the guys at Endless. His prices were very very reasonable and he definately knew what he was doing.

I thought he lived somewhere up in your neck of the woods. He hasn't posted in here in a long time.

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
DRB said:
Jimmydean who used to post here powdercoated frames for a bunch of monkeys, including several for the guys at Endless. His prices were very very reasonable and he definately knew what he was doing.

I thought he lived somewhere up in your neck of the woods. He hasn't posted in here in a long time.

It's hearsay, but I've heard bad bad things about Jimmydean's quality.

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
Here in Portland, Kinesis uses Class Act, they only do bike frames. We also use Atomic Powder Coating, they are cheap.