Quantcast

Powercordzs

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
I like this....

How does a synthetic shift cable that will never rust, doesn't stretch, and is made of the same material that holds the wheels on a Formula One car on in the event of an accident, sound to you? With 10,000 PBO fibers hidden within the length of a single cable, Powercordz have brought high tech to our simple cables.

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/power-cordz-review-2010.html

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
They are absolute crap. I used to wrench for a pro road racer on the Jittery Joe's team, the team was sponsored by Powercordz and after 2 road races none of the guys on the team were still using the powercordz. The shifting was terribly inconsistent both in the stand and on the bike. All the guys on the team ended up using standard steel braided cables inside the powercordz housing just to give the appearance of using the product for the sponsors.

davec113

Monkey
May 24, 2009
I'll stick with my $18 cable and housing set that needs replacement once a year and isn't so delicate.

This is a weight weenie product, IMO.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Have some alligator fortress cables from pricepoint for $14. Full length kevlar housing, fancy **** all up inside. Buy 5 for the price of one of those. No thanks.

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
They are absolute crap. I used to wrench for a pro road racer on the Jittery Joe's team, the team was sponsored by Powercordz and after 2 road races none of the guys on the team were still using the powercordz. The shifting was terribly inconsistent both in the stand and on the bike. All the guys on the team ended up using standard steel braided cables inside the powercordz housing just to give the appearance of using the product for the sponsors.
Interesting and probably true. Thanks for the info.

I will just stick to the $1 bulk cable from the shop.

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
Interesting and probably true. Thanks for the info.

I will just stick to the $1 bulk cable from the shop.
I was crazy light, it felt like fishing line in my hand instead of a cable. A lot of the guys were pretty psyched to give it a try but after a couple of rides they all agreed they would rather have their bikes 50-60 grams heavier and be able to shift properly.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
they are horrible. especially when the ends start to fray. i tried them for a bit but got frustrated when the cords started to unwind

Racebike

Monkey
Jul 28, 2008
Sweden
...made of the same material that holds the wheels on a Formula One car on in the event of an accident, sound to you?
I recall seeing a wheel fall off one of the F1 cars at the first or second race this year, it flew quite a long distance. So with that in mind, powercordz must suck. ;)