Quantcast

ppl around redlands/riverside?

snutty

Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
Oakland in da house
i jsut got a job with the americorps and will be moving to Redlands soon, any riding around or locals want to show me around ? nor.cal native so I have no clue were stuff is in so.cal

snutty

Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
Oakland in da house
Latchkey said:
"rideSFO's no. 1 employee", congrats for getting the job. hit me up when you have some time off and we'll hit the trails.

i was thinking of comming a day or too early and making couple stops to ride...phils throwing a ridesfo/bday/going away party...on the 30th at his loft..you should come up and check it out

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
I've never ridden it but I hear the Santa Anna River Trail is a great epic ride. Big Bear is close by too, although snow summit is shut down there is still plenty of trail riding in holcomb valley as well as on the south side of the lake. Palm springs has a couple of trails as well but it's getting toward the time of year you really don't want to be doing anything out there but sitting by a pool. I found on one website that Calico/Barstow has some fun freeride stuff, the terrain is much like the locale for the redbull rampage but not quite as big. I think there's some short loops in Yuciapa too, but I wouldn't know where to find them.

Good luck finding a good shop in the area though, I spent a day's worth of driving all over that miserable pile of suburbs looking for a riser handlebar a couple years ago and couldn't find a single shop that had one in stock, finally I found one at a shop in Big Bear, but only because Easton had sent an aluminum bar instead of the carbon fiber they'd orderd. They were going to send it back but since I was looking for one they sold it to me instead. I believe Redlands cyclery is still in business but they're mostly kids bikes and road stuff last time I went in there, I think they still sponsor the Tour de Redlands or whatever the race is called. JensonUSA is just down the 10 in Ontario and they've got a storefront shop now so you can pick up just about anything you need at mailorder prices and don't have to pay shipping, just don't expect the guys to invite you on a shop ride.

J D

Chimp
May 13, 2005
downhillzeypher said:
Why don't you come out to the Skyline ride? You'll meet a bunch of the socal locals and skyline's right up your alley too.
Hey! The skyline track is around Riverside, right? Im comming over - from Europe - for some work in riverside in two weeks and might want to do some dh-rideing. Any chance you might want to show me your spot?

Cheers!

XRT_SquallJt

Chimp
Apr 1, 2005
yo, im in moreno valley "right close to redlands" i ride pro but can't afford a pro bike so maybe we could ride around one of these days, theres a local bike group for riverside called team dirty works, all around mountain biking, but anyway, i live about a 20 minute drive away from redlands and just a little piece of information, first off, if your gonna come down here than if you don't already know how, learn to bunnyhop; second off, do NOT buy the mongoose EFX, its just broke apart on me yesterday and i hadn't had it for mor than three months, so trust me on that one, anyway, just respond to this if your interested because i know someone who knows every single trail for miles upon miles here