Quantcast

practice jump

Aug 22, 2004
FEAR ME ^
i wanted a good practice/learning jump at home, i already have some little fun stuff, but nothin big w/ good hang time.

so i got a load of dirt and shaped a table. It ended up about a 8' gapwith a super steep lip and a slightly less steep landing. Thought it looked short and sure enough the hang time was just not what i wanted.

whats an ideal size for a jump like this?
im definantally spacing the gap 2-4' more but should i make the jump higher (its about 5' at the top of the lip) remember this is gonna be used for learning stuff, i dont wanna try something new and hurt myself, but i also want enough hang time to get something done

thanks

schrammride

Chimp
Jul 12, 2005
wellington ohio
the thing is when youre building dirt jumps, its what you feel. basically, its trial and error, so i cant tell you what size you need...it might be a pain in the ass to tear down and rebuild, but youll find the perfect setup and itll feel right...its good to go with the mellower landing for a training jump, because obviosley if you come in just a lil bit too front heavy youll eat crap. as far as hang time goes, its just a technique thatll be learned over time no matter how steep the transition is.

May 12, 2005
roanoke va
5 ft is fine, just reshape the lip a little. and yeah you will make it bigger in a month anyway, and again a month after that so it doesn't realy matter. tall, popy, med. lenght jumps give me the best air time for learning stuff.

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
Just make the sides so they slope off and arent just straight drops, cause there aint no way Mike is letting you anywhere near his bobcat

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
escapeartist said:
Just make the sides so they slope off and arent just straight drops, cause there aint no way Mike is letting you anywhere near his bobcat
ok, I built a jump for you...exactly like you described.