Quantcast

Practice times for Beacon

Certified Drunk

SVT-Lightning
Feb 17, 2002
Zippy's Burgers
No need to get up at the crack of dawn!

Practice:
Saturday: (times may vary due to XC racing finish times)
Beginner/Sport practice 3pm-5pm
Expert/Pro practice 5pm-7pm
Sunday 8:00am – 9:30am all categories
Racing:
Sunday. Racing begins at 10 am.

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
Certified Drunk said:
No need to get up at the crack of dawn!

Practice:
Saturday: (times may vary due to XC racing finish times)
Beginner/Sport practice 3pm-5pm
Expert/Pro practice 5pm-7pm
Sunday 8:00am – 9:30am all categories
Racing:
Sunday. Racing begins at 10 am.
Unless you are doing the Race Clinic!!! :) registration(for the clinic) isn't until 11am. We are driving over tonight so we get to sleep in!!!

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
you can always hike as long as you dont go blowing a beginner off the course. Eric didnt have any problems with hikers, they are just trying to cut down on the huge line problem. Either way if you dont hike its all a wash......

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
oly said:
you can always hike as long as you dont go blowing a beginner off the course. Eric didnt have any problems with hikers, they are just trying to cut down on the huge line problem. Either way if you dont hike its all a wash......
So I, as a beg. can still pratice 5-7 as long as I hike up?

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
Snacks said:
So I, as a beg. can still pratice 5-7 as long as I hike up?
If you are doing the Clinic, you have the advantage of hitting the course way before 3...You will get it from 12-5!! :blah:

two1

Monkey
Dec 15, 2004
endub
MUTOLI said:
If you are doing the Clinic, you have the advantage of hitting the course way before 3...You will get it from 12-5!! :blah:
Okay, so let me get this straight. They could'nt have DH practice when it was originally scheduled (which would've given everybody 2 more hours of track time) cause of XC conflicts, but they can have 22 DHers in a clinic ride the course with no XC-DH conflicts? Hmmmmm.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
two1 said:
Okay, so let me get this straight. They could'nt have DH practice when it was originally scheduled (which would've given everybody 2 more hours of track time) cause of XC conflicts, but they can have 22 DHers in a clinic ride the course with no XC-DH conflicts? Hmmmmm.
That struck me as a little odd as well......hmm....maybe I'll show up early and just hike and ride setions that aren't being used by the XC guys....(and gals).....hmmmm......it'll be called "The One Guy On His Huge Ass Bike That Don't Care Clinic"....yeah, that's it!!

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
two1 said:
I'm not sure what you mean by "originally scheduled", but the clinic does have to be aware of the xc riders and stay out of there way. There was no xc race at the last Beacon race...that is why we had so much practice time.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
MUTOLI said:
Hey Joy! I'm not going to be able to do the clinic tomorrow. Kevin doesn't want to leave that early in the morning :mad:

Hey did you get your part?

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
fyi-
for those of you who didn't do the clinic, we only did one run...the clinic is mostly about starting at the top, and stopping at certain sections and sessioning it until we got to the bottom. It wasn't about getting as many runs in as possible before practice started! Does this help?

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
Snacks said:
Hey Joy! I'm not going to be able to do the clinic tomorrow. Kevin doesn't want to leave that early in the morning :mad:

Hey did you get your part?
Alright.
Yes, I got the part yesterday...thankfully!

two1

Monkey
Dec 15, 2004
endub
MUTOLI said:
I'm not sure what you mean by "originally scheduled", but the clinic does have to be aware of the xc riders and stay out of there way. There was no xc race at the last Beacon race...that is why we had so much practice time.
I'm not positive, but I swear I remember seeing a practice schedule that said 12-2 beg, sport 2-4 ex,pro 4-6 open. Are the xcers actually riding parts of the DH? If not it seems weird that they would'nt just have course marshalls where the courses might cross eachother. Anyway I just remembered why I never really liked WIM events.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
MUTOLI said:
fyi-
for those of you who didn't do the clinic, we only did one run...the clinic is mostly about starting at the top, and stopping at certain sections and sessioning it until we got to the bottom. It wasn't about getting as many runs in as possible before practice started! Does this help?
Damn! :mumble:

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
two1 said:
I'm not positive, but I swear I remember seeing a practice schedule that said 12-2 beg, sport 2-4 ex,pro 4-6 open. Are the xcers actually riding parts of the DH? If not it seems weird that they would'nt just have course marshalls where the courses might cross eachother. Anyway I just remembered why I never really liked WIM events.
That was the schedule for the Blastoff. But, there wasn't xc which is what causes the problem of starting late. I think it sucks too! I guess they (xc racers) come down part of the road, which is the problem since we (dh's) shuttle up to the top. I'm sure by next year, they won't do DH anymore...just XC! :(

two1

Monkey
Dec 15, 2004
endub
MUTOLI said:
That was the schedule for the Blastoff. But, there wasn't xc which is what causes the problem of starting late. I think it sucks too! I guess they (xc racers) come down part of the road, which is the problem since we (dh's) shuttle up to the top. I'm sure by next year, they won't do DH anymore...just XC! :(
I think your right. Oh well, more motivation for someone to try and show'em how its supposed to be done on the west side!!