Quantcast

Praise for Snowshoe Race #2

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
Thanks to the Snowshoe crew for an awesome event last weekend. Excellent course, on time and fast result posting.

You run a class act!

Bad ass T-Shirt this time as well!

Mr Ridiculous

Margarita my slippers
Apr 21, 2006
Morgantown, WV
Snowshoe is always a blast. Nice to see good times given credit instead of only pointing out when something goes wrong, as seems to be the trend.

I really feel like crap for missing so much riding this summer. Gonna make it up there at least once.

DHracer1067

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2003
somewhere really ****ty
Ok so I know this is petty **** and I have nothing to complain about the races since they are always so much fun. but whats with not having any prizes for any of the intro, ww, amateur classes.

to quote snowshoes website on the race section

"More Classes and more Categories for 2010 will mean more prizes and more chances to win!"

are they holding out for the series winners or something? I feel like with all the sponsors they list they should be able to get something out of their sponsors to give prizes away. even if its just like some socks and a tube or something. It just seems kind of lame that no one on the podium gets anything. Even all the small mountain local races i've been to this year have had pretty good prizes for everyone and in the past I know snowshoe has always had lots of good stuff to give away.

dhrookie

Monkey
Jan 22, 2008
Obetz, OH
The prizes are going to the raffles. I'm just thankful there is a race series at the place I love to ride! Can't wait for race 3.

Snowflake

Monkey
Aug 10, 2009
Maryland
And a burger. :D
Or beer!! :thumb:

Definitely an awesome weekend!! :weee:

As far as prizes go... They gave out prizes last year (lift tickets, fox hats/whatever), but no plaques/medals. This year it's plaques/medals and no swag. Not gonna lie, it does suck a bit knowing that you could go to other races that are closer/cheaper, and get both.

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
Speaking of beer...

The only "downside" was that the WV State Police were running a sobriety checkpoint along Snowshoe Drive outside the village Saturday night. So if you go up there don't drink and drive. Don't even putt.

:thumb:

snowaddict91

Chimp
Sep 8, 2008
Gunnison, Co
Speaking of beer...

The only "downside" was that the WV State Police were running a sobriety checkpoint along Snowshoe Drive outside the village Saturday night. So if you go up there don't drink and drive. Don't even putt.

:thumb:
interesting. was wondering what was going on there, didn't cross my mind that they'd be doing that

Big J

Monkey
Jul 18, 2005
Chicago
And a burger. :D
Are they doing the racer lunch this year? If so that's f'n great!!

I always do my race run w/ a kozie (sp?) stuffed in my short pocket for the after race beers.....while on the track and getting towards the bottom I'm always thinking just a few more turns then its cold beer. :D

Plaques/medals are fine w/ me, who doesn't have enough mtb junk sitting on their shelves. As far as I'm concerned the SS guys always do an excellent job......btw the course is always tapped...:thumb:

J

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
**** yeah I remember seeing a sheriffs suv at the top after watching the movie at night and I was wandering what was goin on cause I don't ever see cops up there.
Why I mentioned it. There seems to have been a shift in Public Safety's enforcement abilities this summer which has allowed or required the local and state police to increase their presence up there. Just park your car and leave it for the weekend and ride your bike or crawl back to the condo after Village Bad (tm).

Unfortunately this may hurt the lodging business at the bottom.